LG c9 OLED

Soldato
So you connect everything to ysp2700?

I think there are some about, the Sony HT-X8500 soundbar is eARC I believe, but it only has 2 hdmi ports one of which is the output. Quite cheap as well but not sure its as good sound wise as the ysp2700, which was priced considerably more.

I have my PS4 and Switch into the 2700. Xbox is now plugged into tv as it has the auto low latency mode and variable refresh. Sky box and Apple TV are into tv too. Tv is connected to 2700 and uses arc for everything connected to tv.

Soldato
I have my PS4 and Switch into the 2700. Xbox is now plugged into tv as it has the auto low latency mode and variable refresh. Sky box and Apple TV are into tv too. Tv is connected to 2700 and uses arc for everything connected to tv.

Cool, I think I will just look for a new Soundbar when the time comes that just has 1 or 2 hdmi ports as I will connect everything to the TV, only have 3 devices anyway, aptv4k, xbox x and oppo203, I like to have different picture modes to save switching as well.

Soldato
Seems fine to me I don’t get distortion and even the Atmos gives a bit of lift to the sound. I did the auto setup with the remote and use whatever that sets it at. It’s no replacement for a dedicated audio setup but for watching the news or David Attenborough it’s more than good enough....

Soldato
Seems fine to me I don’t get distortion and even the Atmos gives a bit of lift to the sound. I did the auto setup with the remote and use whatever that sets it at. It’s no replacement for a dedicated audio setup but for watching the news or David Attenborough it’s more than good enough....

Nah. Get a t amp and wharfedale diamond 9.0 muchh better.

Guess people are just used to crap sound

Soldato
Nah. Get a t amp and wharfedale diamond 9.0 muchh better.

Guess people are just used to crap sound

Why would I need all that for the news.... lol.

Does not interest me tbh I had a receiver and 5.1 setup and sold it and now have a Yamaha 2700 which does me fine.

My point is for Tv speakers it is a decent upgrade over the B6 I had before. Tbh the sound is probably the biggest upgrade I have noticed other than it’s 10” bigger....

Soldato
And?

I've used my B6 for gaming since 2017, not suffered from screen burn either. LG are even releasing the LG CX 48" which they are aiming at the gaming market, its even mentioned in a recent video at CES 2020 here

skip to 13.35

My C8 over a year gaming on PS4 and so far so good, the CX48" deffo buying this for my pc, OLED is fantastic for gaming :)

Soldato
Why would I need all that for the news.... lol.

Does not interest me tbh I had a receiver and 5.1 setup and sold it and now have a Yamaha 2700 which does me fine.

My point is for Tv speakers it is a decent upgrade over the B6 I had before. Tbh the sound is probably the biggest upgrade I have noticed other than it’s 10” bigger....

Why buy a oled for the news buy cheapest and nastiest TV. Run in vivid mode.

£2000 TV and zero interest in audio.

For docos a good sound system makes it better than crap TV sound. High end is ok but no midrange and bass distorts. I had id4 going Parp Parp Parp hahaha. I'd rip out the speakers

Soldato
I watch a lot more than the news just saying the built in sound is fine for the news and talking stuff. When I’m watching anything decent or gaming I use my Yamaha 2700 which sounds fantastic. Simple really....

For TV sound I’m impressed by the C9 when compared to other Tv’s but it by no means sounds anywhere near as good as my 2700 but then I wouldn’t expect it to really.

Caporegime
If they made OLED's at 32" or less and the price was less than £500 they'd kill LCD's over night, what is talking them so long is there a reason they can't make them smaller or are they scared smaller more affordable sizes will eat into their high end profits?

Soldato
Question time (sorry)

Would the C9 still be worth purchasing around April or do LG release newer models at that point? Also, how is the sound? We are thinking between the 55" or 65", if that makes a difference, and wondering if a Soundbar is needed. Say it has Dolby Atmos but wondering if we should also budget for a soundbar

Associate
Question time (sorry)

Would the C9 still be worth purchasing around April or do LG release newer models at that point? Also, how is the sound? We are thinking between the 55" or 65", if that makes a difference, and wondering if a Soundbar is needed. Say it has Dolby Atmos but wondering if we should also budget for a soundbar

I just bought a 65" C9 this weekend coming from a ~2013 Samsung 46" ES7000 is seems quite a step up and might give you an idea as to the level I am used to, no sound systems for me I just use the TV or headphones, I went OLED for improved viewing angles and might do some gaming, I am finding the sound pretty good on the whole, the faux 3dness can be impressive but can also be really bad on some services which carry old programs like Amazon Video and it can get the sound quite wrong loosing voices in the overlaid music, in this case I just disable it.

For me coming from something quite old comparatively, I feel it has very good sound, more than I need, and doesn't need a soundbar, in fact the whole screen is more than I need, I should probably have bought 55”, 65” is a massive increase, didn’t look so bad in the shops :D I am sure it’ll be fine on a lower TV cabinet, so need to find a lower (perhaps 45-60cm) and longer (2m) unit, is there a cabinet thread :D

Soldato
Question time (sorry)

Soundbar isnt needed but a good one (expensive...) will improve the sound a lot. Atmos ftom TV speakers is a joke, atmos uses speakers in ceilings.

C9 will certainly be worth purchasing April if stock is still around.

Go 65" of course.

Soldato
Question time (sorry)

Built in sound is crap get a sound system

Back
Top Bottom