LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Going to ask here as I am in the market for a 65" OLED from LG.

I can get the CX for £2159 and the BX for £1349 as such I was wondering will I notice the difference between BX and CX models are am I best keeping £800 in my pocket.

Soldato
Hi there

I can get the CX for £2159 and the BX for £1349 as such I was wondering will I notice the difference between BX and CX models are am I best keeping £800 in my pocket.

Keep the money.

Soldato
Hi there

I’m not 100% sure on this but I think the BX only has 1-2 ports that are hdmi 2.1, also processor not as good, personally I would get the CX over the BX because I think under the hood it’s a lot better.

Soldato
Hi there

I know it's not really relevant, but if you can afford a Ferrari I'd get the CX!

Soldato
BX has a7 gen 3 processor, CX has a9 gen 3 processor, so I believe you will see a benefit in that alone.
I don't have access to the specific model lists but from what I can tell, the gap between top tier and second tier processors has widened this year. I have a TV with the same processor as a B9, and a CX, and there's definitely a notable difference in responsiveness between the two.

OcUK Staff
I don't have access to the specific model lists but from what I can tell, the gap between top tier and second tier processors has widened this year. I have a TV with the same processor as a B9, and a CX, and there's definitely a notable difference in responsiveness between the two.

When you say responsiveness do yo mean in fluidity of the picture or in how fast menu's pop up when pressing buttons on the remote?

Soldato
When you say responsiveness do yo mean in fluidity of the picture or in how fast menu's pop up when pressing buttons on the remote?
Menus and navigation :)

menus response, apps and how quick they launch, on my cx Netflix opens immediately and I can start browsing in seconds.
This. To be fair I mostly just notice it when I first turn the TV on. They're both pretty fast compared to other brands!

OcUK Staff
Get the BX Gibbo the CX is not worth £800 more if you want a rundown of whats different click on the link.

https://tvdifference.com/lg-cx-vs-bx/

Well reading that makes the CX sound like a much better TV, but from what people say in the real world usage I'd be hard to tell the difference?
The fact I am pairing LG's flagship soundbar the SN11RG will it offer the same sound quality and experience connected to both CX and BX? Am also using a NVIDIA Shield Pro with whatever TV I get too.

Soldato
Well reading that makes the CX sound like a much better TV, but from what people say in the real world usage I'd be hard to tell the difference?
The fact I am pairing LG's flagship soundbar the SN11RG will it offer the same sound quality and experience connected to both CX and BX? Am also using a NVIDIA Shield Pro with whatever TV I get too.

Makes even more sense to buy the BX then when you don't need the front firing reflective speakers on the CX because your adding an atmos soundbar and the A9 processor is not as powerful as a shield tv.

There really is not a lot of difference between these two tv's and the sound quality will be the same as they both feature HDMI 2.1 ports so can pass Dolby atmos to the soundbar directly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gibbo were are you getting the BX from ? because i can't find it available anywhere yet in the uk even though i knew it was coming at some point.

Soldato
Makes even more sense to buy the BX then when you don't need the front firing reflective speakers on the CX because your adding an atmos soundbar and the A9 processor is not as powerful as a shield tv.

There really is not a lot of difference between these two tv's and the sound quality will be the same as they both feature HDMI 2.1 ports so can pass Dolby atmos to the soundbar directly.
that's not really true - the better processor , upscaling and noise reduction , are more the reason to go for the cx, and if you go for a bx, you might as well consider a c9.

vincents comparison we discussed back down the thread -
https://youtu.be/FT5VK5YPTkc?t=187

Associate
Hi there

Get the BX and Overclock it, no seriously get the CX cannot get over the picture on mine worth every penny in my opinion. It’s that good it’s made me buy a Dell Area 51 G2 laptop so I can games on it in the living room, you won’t regret it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom