LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

OcUK Staff
Get the BX and Overclock it, no seriously get the CX cannot get over the picture on mine worth every penny in my opinion. It’s that good it’s made me buy a Dell Area 51 G2 laptop so I can games on it in the living room, you won’t regret it.

Did you have a B or BX before? As from what others are saying the both give the same image quality I thought.

Associate
Did you have a B or BX before? As from what others are saying the both give the same image quality I thought.

No an older C7 which is in my bedroom and they are just worlds apart. Just get a CX and have the satisfaction when that DolbyVision logo comes on in the right hand corner you know that's about the best you can get. Sit back and relax. Earn it, spend it, enjoY
Going though Netflix and Disney+ again watching all the big films. Blackout, headphones with Dac full bore, its magic !!!!

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
No an older C7 which is in my bedroom and they are just worlds apart. Just get a CX and have the satisfaction when that DolbyVision logo comes on in the right hand corner you know that's about the best you can get. Sit back and relax. Earn it, spend it, enjoY
Going though Netflix and Disney+ again watching all the big films. Blackout, headphones with Dac full bore, its magic !!!!

Does the BX not do Dolby Vision? If the CX will give me better visuals over a BX then I’ll get one but others here seem to suggest it won’t just menu functions will be faster which I don’t care about especially as I will be using my Shield Pro anyway which has a much faster processor than what is in any LG TV.

Permabanned
Does the BX not do Dolby Vision? If the CX will give me better visuals over a BX then I’ll get one but others here seem to suggest it won’t just menu functions will be faster which I don’t care about especially as I will be using my Shield Pro anyway which has a much faster processor than what is in any LG TV.

The BX gives Dolby Vision and Dolby Vision IQ, as well as Film makers mode too.

Soldato

They all support the same tbh I would grab the deal for £1349 before LG change their minds. I doubt very much you will get a better deal on a 65” OLED than that...

OcUK Staff
BX at £1349 was a price error, should be £1799 and not delivered until September.
So ordered the CX at £2159 as it just makes way more sense when its only £360 extra and it is in stock for delivery within a week.
Was admittedly tempted by the CX 77" at £4000 as that is a mega discount but at same time I was/am a little worried over 65" been a little too large so 77" would be a bit of a joke lol.

Cannot wait take delivery to try it with the soundbar.

Any recommendations for regular bluray/DVD that have awesome Atmos soundtracks or is it only 4k bluray that has Atmos? Makes no sense to buy a new player or xbox as we have a PC to stream from and so for now shall wait until PS5 comes out and grab one of those to play newer 4k bluray and also some PS5 exclusive games.

Also do I need a special HDMI cable in prepartion for e-ARC or will a regular 4K HDMI suffice?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Any recommendations for regular bluray/DVD that have awesome Atmos soundtracks or is it only 4k bluray that has Atmos? Makes no sense to buy a new player or xbox as we have a PC to stream from and so for now shall wait until PS5 comes out and grab one of those to play newer 4k bluray and also some PS5 exclusive games.

No standard blu-rays have Atmos.

However, you can get Atmos on Disney+ and Netflix. Get a disney+ sub and just try any of the recent Marvel movies.

Soldato
Ready player One is good with Atmos on Apple TV... I use Amazon basics HDMI cables and they work perfect.

Just to note the soundbar does not support HDMI 2.1 only the eArc part of it so if you get a PS5 plug it into tv then e-Arc to soundbar.

Last edited:
Soldato
BX at £1349 was a price error, should be £1799 and not delivered until September.
So ordered the CX at £2159 as it just makes way more sense when its only £360 extra and it is in stock for delivery within a week.
Was admittedly tempted by the CX 77" at £4000 as that is a mega discount but at same time I was/am a little worried over 65" been a little too large so 77" would be a bit of a joke lol.

Cannot wait take delivery to try it with the soundbar.

Also do I need a special HDMI cable in prepartion for e-ARC or will a regular 4K HDMI suffice?

The Great wall on Blu-ray has an Atmos soundtrack afaik.

Caporegime
Have a two tier seating, 4k, 7.2.4 home theater. All my equipment is hidden under staging so i've binned of using discs and run uncompressed rips from a media server.

Messed around for ages trying to get the easiest / best Atmos support, latest Nvidia shield turned out to be the soluton. First port of call was the latest Apple TV and it is a pile of junk when it comes to the likes of Plex Atmos support.

If you doing up your house my suggestion is to do it right in the first place, install networking and have a dedicated media server cabinet someplace.

Also Blade runner directors cut is incredible for Atmos.

So yea, For ease of use a Shield and rip everything to a media server without compression I found was the best way forward.

OcUK Staff
No standard blu-rays have Atmos.

However, you can get Atmos on Disney+ and Netflix. Get a disney+ sub and just try any of the recent Marvel movies.

Signed up to Disney+ and now got access.

They say HD 5.1 on the preview screen.
I’ve done it through a NVIDIA Shield Pro.

Can I now listen to Atmos or am I still limited because the soundbar is connected to the current TV via optical cable and the Shield Pro is connected to the TV via HDMI

So at the moment am I just experiencing 5.1 surround?

to experience true Atmos do I need to wait for the new LG OLED to arrive?

Soldato
You need HDMI for Atmos. Optical best you will get is 5.1 dd/DTS. Does the tv Not have arc ? No idea about shield I would presume it should pass an Atmos signal if connected to the soundbar. Have you tried plugging the shield into the soundbar then soundbar to tv ?

Associate
If the soundbar plays atmos then you should be able to get Atmos as the Shield will output Atmos via HDMI. Not sure how a soundbar is meant to be wired up between a TV and the Shield though.

For me, my Shield is connected via HDMI to my AV Receiver which in turn is connected to the TV.

The AV Receiver plays Atmos received from the Shield

OcUK Staff
You need HDMI for Atmos. Optical best you will get is 5.1 dd/DTS. Does the tv Not have arc ? No idea about shield I would presume it should pass an Atmos signal if connected to the soundbar. Have you tried plugging the shield into the soundbar then soundbar to tv ?

My current TV is an 2008 Samsung 8000 LCD series so it’s old it has 3x HDMI ports none of which are eARC and it has optical and scart connectors.

Right now the soundbar is connected to TV via optical and the shield is connected to the TV via HDMI.

I tried connected shield direct to the soundbar but then the shield did not display to the TV.

My guess is I have to wait until the new CX TV arrives?

Then I presume I connect soundbar to TV with eARC and then plug the shield into the soundbar?

Right now I guess all blue ray and Disney plus is doing is 5.1 surround which also sounds great but the F function demo sounds incredible.

Soldato
My current TV is an 2008 Samsung 8000 LCD series so it’s old it has 3x HDMI ports none of which are eARC and it has optical and scart connectors.

Right now the soundbar is connected to TV via optical and the shield is connected to the TV via HDMI.

I tried connected shield direct to the soundbar but then the shield did not display to the TV.

My guess is I have to wait until the new CX TV arrives?

Then I presume I connect soundbar to TV with eARC and then plug the shield into the soundbar?

Right now I guess all blue ray and Disney plus is doing is 5.1 surround which also sounds great but the F function demo sounds incredible.

Things are a lot easier on new tv just plug the soundbar into E-Arc which is HDMI 2 on mine make sure the setting on tv is set to E-Arc and that’s about it really. You can plug things into soundbar or the tv just remember if you get any HDMI 2.1 devices like a PS5 you should plug that direct into tv unless LG release an update for the soundbar to support full HDMI 2.1 in the future.

The shield should work through the soundbar not sure why it did not tbh. Maybe it needs its settings reset first ?

Best you will get using optical is 5.1 still sound good but you are missing out a few channels compared to Atmos or 7.1 content.

Back
Top Bottom