LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Just bought the 65cx. Seems like stock is low with most businesses.

Measured out the TV to show my wife, which she then called me a chav because of the size...

What slim mounts are people using for this? It's so massive I almost might as well put it on a stand but I want to keep it as out of the kids reach as possible.
Also do you have any connection issues when using a slim mount?
Your wife appears to need some education as to what a chav is. :p

Her view was dumb people watch lots of television and making it such a focal point of a room.
Did you not realise this before you got married or is it a recent revelation? :p

Either way you will just need to calmly explain to her that plenty of intelligent people watch TV and that it may in fact be less intelligent to make blanket assumptions about people's intellect based on that kind of thing. Good luck. :D

Did you not realise this before you got married or is it a recent revelation? :p

Either way you will just need to calmly explain to her that plenty of intelligent people watch TV and that it may in fact be less intelligent to make blanket assumptions about people's intellect based on that kind of thing. Good luck. :D

Recent, she watches plenty of TV and even considered a corner sofa in our snug... So who's really the chav.

Her view was dumb people watch lots of television and making it such a focal point of a room.
65" - it's the, too high, height, they frequently seem to be mounted too , and, as soon as its 65, its flat on a wall, with sofa parallel, versus putting it in a corner giving more versatile seating positions (5x7 living room - if you have a 65 tv flat on a wall, it's turned into a cinema)

Paypal 0% interest ... if you walk in to RS and say what reduction for cash, will they give you £30 off for the fees they'd have to pay ?

65" - it's the, too high, height, they frequently seem to be mounted too , and, as soon as its 65, its flat on a wall, with sofa parallel, versus putting it in a corner giving more versatile seating positions (5x7 living room - if you have a 65 tv flat on a wall, it's turned into a cinema)

Paypal 0% interest ... if you walk in to RS and say what reduction for cash, will they give you £30 off for the fees they'd have to pay ?
Richersound are out of stock on the 65cx, they were my preferred choice. Went with electricshop in the end, who seemed nice enough on the phone.

I'll be putting it in the middle of a 3.5m wall. I've put aerial, ethernet and power points high up on the wall for the TV but by the time I position it at a decent height relative to the sofa it's going to be at a media unit height... Didn't comprehend how big 65" actually is but like you said, should make s good cinema experience.

Richersound are out of stock on the 65cx, they were my preferred choice. Went with electricshop in the end, who seemed nice enough on the phone.

I'll be putting it in the middle of a 3.5m wall. I've put aerial, ethernet and power points high up on the wall for the TV but by the time I position it at a decent height relative to the sofa it's going to be at a media unit height... Didn't comprehend how big 65" actually is but like you said, should make s good cinema experience.

I ordered on Thursday from RS , price matched Electric shop and knocked off £20 . When I was on the phone to them them they had 64 left so must have sold out darn quickly .

She arrived yesterday

https://ibb.co/TPBCZZ2

how to upload pictures on internet

Got my CX, all good, PS5 is working perfectly with eARC to my Marantz SR6012.

Weirdly though, I can’t get windows to work with Dolby Atmos. I am running at 4k 120Hz with gsync and HDR, and can get 5.1 to work fine. But as soon as I select Atmos I get no sound, or I get random sounds from random speakers. It’s weird. I’ve given up for now.I’m using certified 2.1 cables, but maybe I will try another brand. I don’t think it’s the cable though, as picture is perfect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom