****LG G6****

Man of Honour
I don't find the one on the S7 edge poor at all, it's louder than the Xperia Z3/Z5 speakers I had before it. I do not play music on loudspeaker though, so don't need to ghetto blast to the world I guess.

As a loudspeaker for calls, ringtones and the like, it is certainly very decent as far as single speakers go.

Having said that, I wouldn't make judgement yet. LG have said the G6 has an improved quad DAC (over the one found on the V20 which is already very good), so for all we know, it could sport some excellent speaker output quality.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a moto x play before and loved the stereo speakers. I watch a lot of videos on my phone and got used to the excellent quality so when I swapped over to the s7 edge the sound quality was poor in comparison and left me a little disappointed.

Soldato
This phone is shaping up to be a decent phone despite the SoC.

However am slightly worried as to LG and their update policy. Yes last year's phones received Nougat but as of now the LG G4 and V10 still haven't received the update.

Not that I keep my phones long but it would be reassuring to hear that LG will regularly update its lineup like Samsung does.

Man of Honour
Like a G6...

Quite a cool feature for today's trend of 1:1 photos, although this could also be used in other aspect ratios, just the viewpoint is cropped to that for the feature to work I guess.

Look how detailed the closeup of the ladybug looks...

And dat stabilisation!

Soldato
OP
LG have put a 4000mah battery in one of their cheaper phones that's getting released this year. Hopefully they have enough sense to put one in this phone as well.

Caporegime
Don't think it really trumps my s7E. So it's a no from me. If I needed to upgrade due to broken phone. I'd still likely go back to Samsung s7.
The waterproofing has become one of my essential features

Soldato
This looks like it'll be a nice, we'll-rounded phone. Unfortunately I already have a nice, well-rounded phone in my iPhone 6s+, so there's nothing much in the LG that makes me want to buy it with the S8 imminent.

Associate
So...

Wireless charging will be exclusive to the US market

The Quad DAC Hi-Fi function will be exclusive to South Korea and certain markets in Asia

The version of the LG G6 with 64GB of storage will be available in the following markets: South Korea, Asia (except Optus and Telstra models in Australia), India, and CIS. In other regions including US and Western Europe, only the version with 32GB will be available.

http://www.androidauthority.com/psa-not-lg-g6s-created-equal-752554/

Man of Honour
It's ridiculous isn't it, why regional differentiation in this manner? Do they actually want customers? At least with Samsung and others you get the bulk of the hardware features globally.

Soldato
It does seem to be an overall good phone but what's with all the model differences for all the regions? Having the "lesser" version for the UK doesn't really make the phone stand out for me.

Soldato
Idiots. Never had an LG phone (aside from the Nexus 5) and looks unlikely I will!
32gb is a joke and sdcards should be gone from phones by now... Talk about regressing.

Associate
So looks like the sensor is a 3yr old one, shared by highly regarded phones such as
the Redmi Pro, Oneplus X, and the Xperia XA :p
http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-g6-camera-details

And yet according to them beats the S7 and goes toe to toe wioth the Pixel in low light.
On paper the G6's main sensor doesn't appear to be anything special. Yet the overall package, with that bright lens and OIS, beats the Galaxy S7 and goes toe-to-toe with the Google Pixel in the dark, thanks in part to LG's software tuning. And although wide angle camera can become grainy in darker conditions, it's miles ahead of the old 8-megapixel sensor from the V20 and G5. With a steady hand (and sometimes, the assistance of LG's great manual shooting modes), it's possible to get some fantastic wide-angle shots.

And in daylight, the results can be truly spectacular, with rich colors complementing the broad field of view.

Taken from Android Centrals review
http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-g6

Back
Top Bottom