****LG G6****

Associate
the s8 will not only be the better phone but the most popular phone

other than the wide angle lens (which is not really anything more than a novelty) the lg g6 is dead on arrival so they should just drop the price to £550.00

Associate
Still no actual price confirmation from LG though. It's all guess work right now as they clearly don't know if there is any demand . S8 sales will be the key to the g6 pricing it seems

Soldato
Still no actual price confirmation from LG though. It's all guess work right now as they clearly don't know if there is any demand . S8 sales will be the key to the g6 pricing it seems

Indeed...they seem to be offering some great freebies such as Google Home in America and a 43" FHD TV in Australia but no word on Europe offers, they've played this pretty poorly in my opinion!

Associate
the idea was to get it out before the s8

the reality is america is probably not a big deal to them so they need the far east and europe to sell the device. the device is probably going to be in people's hands AFTER the s8 is out, defeating the objective

the s8 is clearly the better phone but i just fancy a change and it's certainly and improvement on the g5 and my s7 edge will make a good backup phone

Soldato
I have the Korean G6 with the Quad DAC. The DAC is excellent,good screen, minor camera upgrade ( still too much post processing as in all smartphones these days in my opinion ) nice ergonomics and a decent battery life. Only issue is lag which is quite noticeable, If you can live with that then it's a cracking all round device.

£550 is decent launch price but the market is crazy at the moment so it'll launch nearer £650 I think.

Soldato
OP
Argos have this on their website for £650. Far too much IMO. As stated above it's not that much better than the OP3T. And it's certainly not as good as the S8 to be priced £40 less.

Associate
other than the wide angle lens (which is not really anything more than a novelty) the lg g6 is dead on arrival so they should just drop the price to £550.00

Have to disagree with you about the wide angle lens! The LG G6 has a great camera and the wide angle option is much more useful than the telephoto lens offered on phones such as the iPhone 7 plus. The S8 will obviously sell much better, due in part to the huge marketing budget of Samsung but it's a shame that they kept the same single camera as the S7.

Both are overpriced though !!

Associate
Have to disagree with you about the wide angle lens! The LG G6 has a great camera and the wide angle option is much more useful than the telephoto lens offered on phones such as the iPhone 7 plus. The S8 will obviously sell much better, due in part to the huge marketing budget of Samsung but it's a shame that they kept the same single camera as the S7.

Both are overpriced though !!

The s7 sales and s8 sales will prove any feature on alternative phone options are a novelty.

Samsung knows what are key features and what is a novelty.

SD card was a key feature, removable battery was a novelty.

Whether the wide angle lens is good or not is not the issue. As clearly it's not selling the phone

Soldato
If it wasn't for the wide angle camera some people wouldn't even give this a second look.

A heart rate sensor is a novelty feature , a secondary wide angle camera is a great feature IMO.

Associate
If it wasn't for the wide angle camera some people wouldn't even give this a second look.

A heart rate sensor is a novelty feature , a secondary wide angle camera is a great feature IMO.

not according to a factual based reality

the health industry has become huge hence apple using it last year for their phones.

samsung knew this earlier and so added this heart rate monitor. it's a big deal

people who care about health make decisions on phones based on the health applications

people who care about a wide angle lense go a buy a camera, they aren't idiots. the lg g6 isn't going to appeal to people who take lots of pictures and value this feature. they will buy a camera.

it's a nice feature but has been proven not to be a huge selling point. if samsung add a dual camera they may hake it a huge deal. samsung will clearly dictate what and what does not become a major feature, not LG.

samsung will decide and dictate what LG features will be important, not LG

i'm not interest in the wide angle lense

i'm interested in this LG phone because it's just as much as an upgrade to the lg g5 as the s8 is to the s7. what appealed to me was the price and sd card slot and nothing more. and the price is still up in the air in the uk

what's putting me off is no wireless charging, but i'm willing to compromise on this IF the price is right

Soldato
mikeyaj - a secondary camera over a finicky phone based heart rate sensor any day of the weak.

When people are asked what is their most important set of features on a phone, a good camera comes way up the list before a ****** heart rate sensor.

Back
Top Bottom