LG OLED C9 as a PC monitor - Yes, I'm crazy, Yes time to get some burn in.

Soldato
HAd a good look and on the product fiche it shows 5 model numbers for the 48" OLED48CX

3LB
6LB
9LB
5LC
8LC

Would guess different area designations and colours for the same model? But the price difference would suggest something more. :confused:

The more expensive one doesn't let google assistant and Alexa spy on you :D

In the UK PCworl/Currys usually have an exclusive model to their chain and has been like that for a long time, deal with LG? Most of the time its just a different bezel colour or base. With the C9 it was MLB(Currys) and PLA.

Associate
After doing a comparison on the LG site there doesn't seem to be any difference except for the 2x TV Tuner stuff mentioned on the retailers website so have changed order to the £1299 one. Hopefully the right choice as I have noticed a couple of other retailers have now listed the 485LC as discontinued.

Soldato
I just talked with the missus about getting a c9 for my desk. Considering I was already looking at PC monitor options in the 1200 pound area I thought this would be better for my light gaming and movie watching. However, when she found out that it was 55 inches of pure pleasure she started to turn a frown, pun not intended here. I got my work cut out for me as I am more and more set on this as my next monitor. Getting fed up with the **** quality PC monitors we are getting these days.

Associate
I just talked with the missus about getting a c9 for my desk. Considering I was already looking at PC monitor options in the 1200 pound area I thought this would be better for my light gaming and movie watching. However, when she found out that it was 55 inches of pure pleasure she started to turn a frown, pun not intended here. I got my work cut out for me as I am more and more set on this as my next monitor. Getting fed up with the **** quality PC monitors we are getting these days.

I am in the same boat. 55 is massive on a pc desk :D I have been told it needs to replace my TV in the main room. I'm not allowed it on my desk ha!! I'm used to my 32' monitor and this 55' is strange to use.

Soldato
I am in the same boat. 55 is massive on a pc desk :D I have been told it needs to replace my TV in the main room. I'm not allowed it on my desk ha!! I'm used to my 32' monitor and this 55' is strange to use.

Thing is I just found out there is a CX option with Freesync support as well and it comes in a 48-inch variant. It's just outside my "allowance" so my plan is to wait for it to drop a bit in price while I "work" on her acceptance of this glorious and bright future awaiting me :D.

Associate
im very tempted myself, i wonder how much i would get for my 40" 4k phillips and my acer predator x34a, should be a good chunk towards one.

Caporegime
im very tempted myself, i wonder how much i would get for my 40" 4k phillips and my acer predator x34a, should be a good chunk towards one.

£350/400ish total realistically? X34A is getting on a bit now, and guessing the Phillips is 4/5yrs old now. Not too bad considering the B9 can be had for just under 1k atm (was £2500 on release).

Soldato
OP
£350/400ish total realistically? X34A is getting on a bit now, and guessing the Phillips is 4/5yrs old now. Not too bad considering the B9 can be had for just under 1k atm (was £2500 on release).

Wow.. wonder how much an AW3418DW goes for. I have one in my box room gathering dust

Associate
Hi all please let me know what its like gaming when you get this.

I will definitely have one towards the end of the year. I would be very interested if someone had the new LG38 and one of these and your thoughts good and bad .

Caporegime
can we stop talking about balls

image.png

Associate
on topic:

Scheduled a chat with orders manager of Marks E after getting different reasons being given by different staff last week.

I've seen Curry's are getting two models into stock in the next 10 days (a black and a silver). If I can't get some clarity I will be shifting to them.

Sort of wish Overclockers had forseen the demand for this and ordered some (if possible) and all this confusion with non-tech savvy retailers could have been avoided!!!

Associate
Got an email from Curry's stating that the suppliers have told them £1299 model is out of stock and do not know when it will be available. Switched back to the other one.

Back
Top Bottom