LG OLED C9 as a PC monitor - Yes, I'm crazy, Yes time to get some burn in.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'd not seen that the B9 could do VRR and supported 2.1 _ I knew it had the same chip from the year before I was not aware they had added 2.1 support to that - so sorry about that.
No problem. I did a lot of research and honestly had the differences been bigger I would have gone C9 myself.

It could be that in the past the differences between the C and B range were bigger and therefore people just have the impression this is always the case.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Please explain further what you mean. Because as far as I am concerned what you said is completely wrong. They both have same display and HDMI 2.1 and G-Sync, what is the C9 chip doing that makes it “infinitely better” exactly? If that was the case I would have gone C9.

All the C9 has over the B9 is a better cpu and 1GB extra RAM which helps a little when upscaling. It has slightly higher peak brightness for HDR and is meant to be slightly better calibrated out of the box.

I didn't think that the B9 had Gsync. Got a link?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I'd love a smaller OLED TV/Monitor, but 48" is still way to big :( 32" Would be the max I'd want to go for 16:9 or 34" in an Ultrawide OLED

Last edited:

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Indeed, I currently have a LG C7 and it blows any monitor picture quality out the water. I just wish it had VRR support :( I find it difficult to justify upgrading my current PC monitor until OLED or an equivalent tech comes to the more mainstream monitor size/market

Soldato
Just noticed there are two versions on the big retailer.
OLED48CX6LB 48" - £1499
OLED48CX5LC - £1299

Anyone have a clue on the difference?

HAd a good look and on the product fiche it shows 5 model numbers for the 48" OLED48CX

3LB
6LB
9LB
5LC
8LC

Would guess different area designations and colours for the same model? But the price difference would suggest something more. :confused:

The more expensive one doesn't let google assistant and Alexa spy on you :D

Back
Top Bottom