Lian Li O11 Air Mini

Soldato
Received my order earlier today and got finished with moving my build into the new case. I really like the look, finish and size of the case and it was a very smooth process moving and connecting all the components…very easy to work with. Only gripe is a 140mm fan doesn’t fit in the roof (with an ATX board) so I’ve moved it to the bottom for now and will order a 120mm fan as a secondary exhaust for the top.

CPU/GPU temps look to be the same as my define r6, but that’s ok as its a much nicer looking case. And the noise levels are about the same too, which is nice considering it doesn’t have the sound dampening lining as the r6.

Can you post a picture ?

Thanks for confirming about the fan size in the roof with an ATX mobo, im using Lian Li uni fans and wasnt sure if I needed 1 more 140mm or 1 more 120mm, youve basically confirmed it to 1 x 120mm.

Maybe when they release these radiator offset brackets for this case we might be able to get 140's at the top.

Associate
I'm the worst regarding wait. Placed the first order when orders opened, less than 2 weeks after cancelled. Placed another order 2 days ago, this time shipped before I give up.
Really looking forward, 6 Silent Wings 140mm waiting for it.

I love those fans, and having 6x140 will give the mini great airflow! If I didn't have the Lian Li SL's already I would have them.

I pre-ordered end of November, but after rethinking about sizes etc, it was always going to be 50/50 if it'll work. Decided to go another route for my new case which I'm glad about.

Associate
Can you post a picture ?

Thanks for confirming about the fan size in the roof with an ATX mobo, im using Lian Li uni fans and wasnt sure if I needed 1 more 140mm or 1 more 120mm, youve basically confirmed it to 1 x 120mm.

Maybe when they release these radiator offset brackets for this case we might be able to get 140's at the top.

Pictures below with and without the side cover (excuse the messy cabling)…

Last edited:
Associate
What's the chances of getting the case if I place a pre-order today? I see some are already receiving there cases. Not clear if they continue to have it listed as pre-order while they work through the older orders before listing it as available? I've been flip flopping between this and a Meshify 2 which is readily available now. I like the smaller formfactor of the mini, but the better airflow from the bigger Meshify 2.

Associate
Tempted to get this case now, quick question about Fans in this case, my current case has 2 140mm Silent wings intake, and a 120mm exhaust, Cpu is cooled by the dark rock 4, and Gpu is a 3080ti ,would any of you advise on putting more fans into that case ? If so, bottom or side of case?

Many thanks

Associate
Tempted to get this case now, quick question about Fans in this case, my current case has 2 140mm Silent wings intake, and a 120mm exhaust, Cpu is cooled by the dark rock 4, and Gpu is a 3080ti ,would any of you advise on putting more fans into that case ? If so, bottom or side of case?

Many thanks
Another 120mm fan at the top/rear side of the case would probably be the best option. Having intake fans at the bottom isn’t that effective on the air mini due to the short clearance from the bottom of the case to the surface its resting on. The volume of air coming in just isn’t enough or as cool compared to the ones at the front.

Last edited:
Associate
Another 120mm fan at the top/rear side of the case would probably be the best option. Having intake fans at the bottom isn’t that effective on the air mini due to the short clearance from the bottom of the case to the surface its resting on. The volume of air coming in just isn’t enough or as cool compared to the ones at the front.

Thanks for the advice, will get an 120mm fan and see how that goes.

Soldato
That's nice. i nearly got one of these, but have a 2 radiator loop so needed more space.

Yeah you wouldn't get 2 loops in it, I struggled to get one in there, unless you can get some small pumps, I managed to get a 280mm in the bottom and a 240mm on the side, but it made a difficult build with the 280mm in the bottom, had to make sure I wired everything up first and couldn't get the usb 3 cable in the bottom, I hate those cables and plugs, way too chunky and unmanageable, lost use of the bottom PCI x16 slot too but I wasn't using it anyway, this is all with a Gigabyte X570S Master ATX board.

I'm currently leak testing, will probably leave it to do it overnight to be sure, but for now this is it, all Lian li uni fans, 2 x 140mm front intake, 2 x 140mm pull bottom radiator intake, top is currently 1 X 120mm exhaust, waiting on another one to come to make it 2, I won't be able to get 3 up there, side wall is 4 X 120mm radiator push / pull on a 240mm radiator exhausting.

If they had of made the case 1 inch taller or 1 inch longer, you'd of got a 360mm in the bottom or side, however, it feels and looks like an ITX system, but full size

https://imgur.com/a/VRLvcuT

Last edited:
Associate
Just finished here, fantastic. Will take some photos tomorrow.
Just few things: first time I ever had trouble with the USB C connector from the case to the motherboard. For some odd reason (at least never had this issue before) connecting the cable in one direction won't let the PC boot, as if the PSU was dead. Simply turning the cable 180 degrees, works like a charm. After cutting all zip ties, removing the 9 fans and the 4 temperature sensors, removing the motherboard I found the culprit. Not sure it's normal, but if anyone faces the same issue, try to turn the USB C first, :D:D:D
Second, I was worried about the support of 140mm fans on top. At least the Silent Wings works, just have to be positioned in a way the CPU 8-Pin stays either before the fan, or where the fan has some space in its frame (photos tomorrow will give you a better idea about what I'm talking about).
Decided to go full blast and quiet as a mice fart: 6 x 140mm Silent Wings plus 3 x 120mm Silent Wings.
Temperature so far slightly better than the stock Torrent, but much quieter. The Torrent's front fans are great, and at 40 or 45% will perform great yet quiet. The bottom 140mm disappointed me. Below 40% some oscillating noise, as if the fan is unbalanced. Over 50% very loud.
Replacing the bottom would be perfect, but decided to go back to the O11, and glad I did.
One issue with the Torrent, not sure if common is some noise every now and then as if the plastic top is expanding, some odd click/fitting noise.

Associate
I got from the Rain forest one of those trolleys, about 20 quid (Akoada CPU Stand). Doesn't look very solid, but I guarantee is strong enough. The weight is supported by the wheels, and the thin bars only connect them together. Will give you some nice clearance.

Associate

Many thanks
If you manage to increase floor clearance, bottom is great for GPU.
The case comes with 2 x 140mm and 1 x 120mm. Haven't tried them but look like quality fans. Not the cheapo ones from the O11 Air (regular one, with bad filters).
Adding your fans would be pretty good. I would keep the Lian Li ones in place, use both 140 as intake at the bottom and use the 120 on top as exhaust. Side intake only if have more fans around, but at least for me, only to brute force performance at low noise.

Soldato
I ended up ordering one along with four Lian Li Uni SL140's. Going to try and be "tasteful" with some RGB and have two at the top and two at the bottom with the stock fans staying at the front and back.

Associate
If you manage to increase floor clearance, bottom is great for GPU.
The case comes with 2 x 140mm and 1 x 120mm. Haven't tried them but look like quality fans. Not the cheapo ones from the O11 Air (regular one, with bad filters).
Adding your fans would be pretty good. I would keep the Lian Li ones in place, use both 140 as intake at the bottom and use the 120 on top as exhaust. Side intake only if have more fans around, but at least for me, only to brute force performance at low noise.

Thanks, as soon as i get the case, i shall try that configuration.

Associate
I got from the Rain forest one of those trolleys, about 20 quid (Akoada CPU Stand). Doesn't look very solid, but I guarantee is strong enough. The weight is supported by the wheels, and the thin bars only connect them together. Will give you some nice clearance.
Thanks for the suggestion. May not be suitable as I have the mini on a media cabinet (one of the main reasons why I got it) but I’ll have a look.

Associate
Spent all last night swapping everything over, only to get a bloody USB device over current and shutting down. Ripped everything apart and only to find out it was the Rocket Heatsink on the NVME shorting out :o
All up and running now, airflow much better!

Associate
Spent all last night swapping everything over, only to get a bloody USB device over current and shutting down. Ripped everything apart and only to find out it was the Rocket Heatsink on the NVME shorting out :o
All up and running now, airflow much better!

Slow build for me too. I have not updated my case for my main PC for a few years, so I guess I am out of practice. I had a panic attack: I had slowly, methodically installed everything perfectly but could not get the power button to work. I started believing that I had wasted several hours building the case, and having discarded my old case (with a sense of freedom) that I would have to go for a RMA! I realised I had put the power switch cables in the power led pins, and vice versa :)

Really pleased with the case. Nice height, great window, quiet and it feels so spacious given the PSU, HDD and cables are tucked away.

Back
Top Bottom