** LIAN-LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC EDITION - A NEW ENTHUSIAST PRICE/PERFORMANCE CONTENDER ARRIVES **

Associate
Any problems with using this with air cooling only, worried about the fans not blowing directly to the rear ?
Thanks

Associate
**update - worked it out. With a little more bravery I just bent/tucked away the USB cables a bit more and the fan goes into place. Nice :)**

Bought the case yesterday and arrived today. I would like to mount my 360mm xt45 Alphacool radiator on the side vents. I'd prefer to leave it push pull and therefore put one set of fans at the back of the side fan mounts but the top one looks like it will foul the power switch and the USB sockets. Has anyone seen a solution to this? I could just put that 360mm in the roof and my 240mm xt45 on the side at the bottom so the top would leave space due to only 4 fans in total. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Associate
**update - worked it out. With a little more bravery I just bent/tucked away the USB cables a bit more and the fan goes into place. Nice :)**

Bought the case yesterday and arrived today. I would like to mount my 360mm xt45 Alphacool radiator on the side vents. I'd prefer to leave it push pull and therefore put one set of fans at the back of the side fan mounts but the top one looks like it will foul the power switch and the USB sockets. Has anyone seen a solution to this? I could just put that 360mm in the roof and my 240mm xt45 on the side at the bottom so the top would leave space due to only 4 fans in total. Thanks :)

I've got push pull on the side. No issues. H150i.

Associate
I've got push pull on the side. No issues. H150i.

Thanks Doug. I've worked out my plan. I have an Alphacool 360mm xt45mm. I will mount that in the back compartment (it fits but not enough room for rad and set of fans back there) and then mount a single set of fans as Pull into the case. I then have a bigger radiator for the floor of the case. EKWB Coolstream 360 xe (60mm). If I was to mount the Alphacool radiator inside the main compartment it would be pushed right up against the EKWB floor radiator as it is a big fat lump/brick sitting there.

I'll try that and see how it performs. If I need push pull I will add them and see the upside and downside as a result. I believe the whole machine will be pretty seriously over "radiatored" anyway.

Associate
What layout for watercooling rads with this case?

I'm mocking up my Pc-011 dynamic build and would welcome input on one area. (Both the CPU and the GPU are watercooled and are in one loop on my current pc build.)

I have 2 x 360mm radiators. One is EKWB XE (60mm) and the other is Alphacool nexxxos 45xt (45mm). I propose the 60mm in the roof and the 45mm in the floor. Due to Micro ATX mobo I can fit push pull on the 45mm floor radiator if I want but only one set of fans on the roof radiator and I was just going to set the side 3 x120mm to whatever I finally decide but no radiator.

I was initially going to have the floor rad/fans intake, side fans intake and roof fans exhaust but that means putting some warmer case air over the 60mm roof radiator. The other option is both roof radiator and floor radiator as intake and the side 3x120mm as exhaust. What did you guys go for in the end?

Thx

Associate
What layout for watercooling rads with this case?

I'm mocking up my Pc-011 dynamic build and would welcome input on one area. (Both the CPU and the GPU are watercooled and are in one loop on my current pc build.)

I have 2 x 360mm radiators. One is EKWB XE (60mm) and the other is Alphacool nexxxos 45xt (45mm). I propose the 60mm in the roof and the 45mm in the floor. Due to Micro ATX mobo I can fit push pull on the 45mm floor radiator if I want but only one set of fans on the roof radiator and I was just going to set the side 3 x120mm to whatever I finally decide but no radiator.

I was initially going to have the floor rad/fans intake, side fans intake and roof fans exhaust but that means putting some warmer case air over the 60mm roof radiator. The other option is both roof radiator and floor radiator as intake and the side 3x120mm as exhaust. What did you guys go for in the end?

Thx

I've had mine set as below for months now.

top - HW labs slim 360 rad with 3x ML120 pro fans on exhaust
Bottom - - HW labs slim 360 rad with 3x ML120 pro fans on exhaust
Back - Radikult custom res with pump

Yes...no intake fans, and guess what, Temps are fine (never over 40-45 in games) with fans running a max of 1200rpm and pump at 1000rpm and nothing died!

Airflow is fine, nothing on the board gets hot, fans are drawing low pressure air through the rear of the case, over the boards then out through the rads. on idle everything is 30ish or lower, on max load its no more than 50 on all sensors.

Board - Asus maximus X code
CPU - i9-9900k
Mem - Corsair 3200mhz 32gb RGB pro
GPU - evga 1080ti SC2

Soldato
I'm looking at buying one of these to replace a Corsair 460X RGB that I'm a bit sick of. Can anyone recommend some decent fans for this please? They don't have to be RGB but the option would be nice and ideally I want a decent balance of airflow and noise, or at least fans that can be made quiet by adjusting the fan profile. For non-RGB fans I was thinking the Noctua NF-A12 or S12, or the BeQuiet Silent Wings, and if I wanted to go RGB I was looking at the Corsair ML120s.

Associate
Hello all - hoping some of you can help. I've just taken receipt of one of the new Razer variants, and noticed that the side window has pretty heavy tint to it. Just wondering if those of you with the standard case could let me know if this is also present on the original dynamic?

If it is, then thats all fine will just live with it, if not then I'll have to make a decision. Case is great, but as the Razer is effectively the black version, I dont want it to be TOO dark for the lighting I might have.

Thanks for any help
JP

Edit - Image added. Havent taken the protective cover off yet, but doubt its that

https://imgur.com/a/ZFVuyS9

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got the non-Razer, not built the rig yet, I don't recall the window being as tinted as in your pic, will take a look for you tonight.

Questions regarding fan setup:
Both CPU & GPU watercooled
Fans @ low RPM

Plan A:
Top rad intake (HWLabs SR2 360)
with
Side rad extract (AlphaCool XT45 360)

Plan B:
Side rad intake
Top rad extract

Plan A will be better aesthetically, will this present me with airflow/thermal issues?

Associate
Hello all - hoping some of you can help. I've just taken receipt of one of the new Razer variants, and noticed that the side window has pretty heavy tint to it. Just wondering if those of you with the standard case could let me know if this is also present on the original dynamic?

If it is, then thats all fine will just live with it, if not then I'll have to make a decision. Case is great, but as the Razer is effectively the black version, I dont want it to be TOO dark for the lighting I might have.

Thanks for any help
JP

Edit - Image added. Havent taken the protective cover off yet, but doubt its that

https://imgur.com/a/ZFVuyS9
Now you mention it, mine is the same (Razer).
I hadn't noticed until you said though.

Associate
Now you mention it, mine is the same (Razer).
I hadn't noticed until you said though.

I think I could live with it, but will see. Have you taken the protective film off yours?

I've got the non-Razer, not built the rig yet, I don't recall the window being as tinted as in your pic, will take a look for you tonight.

Thanks chap - I know it sounds a bit silly, but lets face it we all bought this case for the looks, so making sure its how I think I want it to be is important :D

Associate
Can confirm that the standard O11D side window is not tinted as dark as in your pic

Thanks for the information chap - are both windows tinted the same level on yours? And is yours the black or white variant? Really not sure what to do now. Might just have to unpack it again and see what it actually looks like with something lit behind it. Theres not tons of vids on YT about it but some appear ok, some appear to make it look very dark. Hard to tell I guess without putting your own rig in there but I dont really want to 'use' the case yet in case I need to return it and get a standard. Thanks again. Food for thought. Hopefully some other members put some build pics up and i can have a see. Food for thought.

is it me or it seems well umm empty, no hdd bays at all?

In the main area there are 2x SSD mounts on the bottom. On the rear side above the PSU there is a hotswap bay for 2x mechanical HDD and on the cable management cover there are mounting points for HDDs or SSDs too. No Optical drive bay though, but thats just how a lot of cases are now.

Back
Top Bottom