Lian Li V354b Build :)

Soldato
OP
Looks great, I've been waiting for someone to put a V354 build up before I bite the bullet and buy one.

Think I'll be buying a V354 and 6850/70 in the next 2 weeks.

Is the CPU placement on that board lower than it normally would be on a 775? I'm planning to get a TRUE120 in there facing upwards, but it looks like your PSU is overlapping your H50?

*Edit*Just got some pics out, and it looks like it is, can you foresee any problems with a TRUE120 in there?

Cant really comment on the true as ive not tried to fit such a cooler it was my idea to go with the h50 all along, id thought of the h70 but wasnt sure the tubes would be long enough.

theres a thread over at Hardforums about these and various coolers people have fitted etc

Very nice build.
Very nice case, how much did it cost, if i may ask?
Very nice overclock and temps

Do you mean in total? I already had the parts with the exception of the case :)

Nice powerful little build mate.

Cheers
nice one - looks good.

How loud is it with all the fans running?

Its not bad at all, when the gpu's are under load they do spin up a bit, but ive got the fans on the built in fan controller and its pretty quiet, theres a hum from my two hdd's, roll on the days of cheap 1tb ssd's :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Its not bad at all, when the gpu's are under load they do spin up a bit, but ive got the fans on the built in fan controller and its pretty quiet, theres a hum from my two hdd's, roll on the days of cheap 1tb ssd's :D

thanks - can you add all the case fans etc to the single fan controller?

Associate
Yeh that damn molex power cable for the controller. Its the same on the V352, who uses molex cables now. Its a pain in the ass to have a molex cable just for that.

Soldato
Yeah it has 4 connectors on the controller which is powered by a molex, ive split the 2 for the h50 so ive actually got 5 on it, time will tell if thats too much but works well atm :)

perfect - thanks for the information - this case is hitting the top of my list now.

Soldato
OP
Yeh that damn molex power cable for the controller. Its the same on the V352, who uses molex cables now. Its a pain in the ass to have a molex cable just for that.

Agreed but these are pretty handy :)

adapter.jpg

perfect - thanks for the information - this case is hitting the top of my list now.

Ive tried so many difference cases recently some matx ones some mid towers, this isnt the smallest of things but I honestly think its worth paying a little extra for something as nice as this, well worth it, id thought about the dabox 100 or whatever its called but this just seemed to fit the bill and waste available :)

Associate
to ebay or not to ebay.
Indeed they do, though obviously not as nice or near the quality.

Cheers though, I've put an order in for 2 (1 for my work V352 and 1 for when I buy a V354) :)

Soldato
OP
The only negative thing I can say is the way they mount the side panels, its the same on lots of little lian lis now isnt it, those pesky little screws, that are so easy to knack the head and mark if you even look at them other than that its all good :) Im actually thinking about getting strips of velcro along the edges anyone done anything like that before? Or possible some very thin magnets?

Associate
Bradmax57 - Great build, looking to do one of these myself but was wary of the V354 and H50 combo but you have answered the questions I was going to ask on these forums. And a fellow geordie too !!

Associate
It's just a shame Lian-li screwed this up a bit,with the top blowhole so close to the side of the case there's no chance to get a rad up there without modding and spoiling the clean look.
It would have taken a full wc setup with 2 rads no problemo if they'd moved it out a bit.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Bradmax57 - Great build, looking to do one of these myself but was wary of the V354 and H50 combo but you have answered the questions I was going to ask on these forums. And a fellow geordie too !!

Yeah if you dont mind loosing the second hdd cage then there isnt a issue, its a shame it doesnt fit in the top or the back (actually it can fit in the top with one fan only) but its not an issue for me atm, i have 2 x1tb hdd's in raid 0 for storage and 1 ssd as boot drive so its all i need and should be all i need for some time to come

Soldato
OP
Small update Ive sold the 460's now :) as whilst the performance was good and it wasnt too noisy you could clearly hear them when gaming etc, so im going to get one of the msi 470 Twin Frozr II cards, should still perform great but being quieter overall. I know th 470 uses more power than the 460 but probably not more than 2 of them?

Soldato
OP
Just been fiddling a little, i sold my maximus iii and bought a p7p55m instead, i didnt use sli in the end and most of the other features were unused either, so ended up with £80 in my pocket to boot!

Anyway ive fitted the h50 in the rear now, the side panel doesnt fit flush unfortunately as the rad is sticking out by about 5mm, it doesnt look too bad tbh as ive fastended the front :) I might dremel the 120mm mounting holes a bit to the left so I can actually slide the rad in the case a little which should be just enough although the fan controller may then get in the way as its pretty close to the other side of the rad (i think it should just fit, only problem is now ive lost the top fan. Think id be better off having a single fan on the rad as a intake from the rear and stick a 120 in the top as exhaust? or leave it as push pull exhausting as it is atm?

P1030275.jpg

P1030276.jpg

Back
Top Bottom