Lian Li V354b Build :)

Soldato
looks good - you can't tell that the side is not flush - nice job.

I've got a v352 at home that i'm currently trying to fit my stuff into but it's not the most user friendly of cases!!!!

Associate
I did get one in the end, I've had mine for a little under 2 weeks now. It is a nice case, but not sure its as big or "small" of an upgrade from my PC7 as I'd wanted. It is definately easier to take to LANs which was proved by last weekend, but its actually wide than the PC7 and even replacing the stock fans with my Coolinks its warmer, but then again I should have know it would be.

Either way I'm still happy. I'll try get some pics up over the weekend if you don't mind me hijacking your thread a little?

I've noticed that you've mounted your 2.5" where the upper drive bay normally sits, are you not using any other drives now?
Also good job on the cable management, I think I've done pretty well considering I didn't spent too much time on it, but its not as tidy as yours.

I miss my HR05+ on my 8800GTX though. it needed an additional 10mm between the PCI slots and the PSU to fit in, so I first moved to stock which was too noisy and am now using a HD5770, wow you can notice how quiet it was!

Anyway its all tuck up off the floor now and mounted in the desk which should mean no more kicking and easier reach.

My only real criticisms are the damn tidy screws for side panels (same with the V352 as I mentioned in my short review on that)
The PSU needs a good push and hold to get it to line up correctly. I don't understand why they had to make it removable from the rear in this case. With the hard drives being in a modular bay taking them out first then the PSU though the side of the case would have been easier as now you need to make sure you disconnect everything before moving it a little as it pulls on them all.
WHY o WHY would you put blue fans in as stock... (admittedly should have noticed before I ordered, I did stare at them enough before I did, it just didn't sink in)... Lian Li are make classy cases for those that want to look stylish, not for 13 yr old boys... I haven't gone to sleep with my room glowing blue for some years - they lasted 1 night.

Overall very happy, can fit so many drives in such a small box I really am clutching at straws for problems.

Soldato
OP
I did get one in the end, I've had mine for a little under 2 weeks now. It is a nice case, but not sure its as big or "small" of an upgrade from my PC7 as I'd wanted. It is definately easier to take to LANs which was proved by last weekend, but its actually wide than the PC7 and even replacing the stock fans with my Coolinks its warmer, but then again I should have know it would be.

Either way I'm still happy. I'll try get some pics up over the weekend if you don't mind me hijacking your thread a little?

I've noticed that you've mounted your 2.5" where the upper drive bay normally sits, are you not using any other drives now?
Also good job on the cable management, I think I've done pretty well considering I didn't spent too much time on it, but its not as tidy as yours.

I miss my HR05+ on my 8800GTX though. it needed an additional 10mm between the PCI slots and the PSU to fit in, so I first moved to stock which was too noisy and am now using a HD5770, wow you can notice how quiet it was!

Anyway its all tuck up off the floor now and mounted in the desk which should mean no more kicking and easier reach.

My only real criticisms are the damn tidy screws for side panels (same with the V352 as I mentioned in my short review on that)
The PSU needs a good push and hold to get it to line up correctly. I don't understand why they had to make it removable from the rear in this case. With the hard drives being in a modular bay taking them out first then the PSU though the side of the case would have been easier as now you need to make sure you disconnect everything before moving it a little as it pulls on them all.
WHY o WHY would you put blue fans in as stock... (admittedly should have noticed before I ordered, I did stare at them enough before I did, it just didn't sink in)... Lian Li are make classy cases for those that want to look stylish, not for 13 yr old boys... I haven't gone to sleep with my room glowing blue for some years - they lasted 1 night.

Overall very happy, can fit so many drives in such a small box I really am clutching at straws for problems.

No not at all love to see some more pics :) ive just put the 2.5" temporarilly, ive not got my 3.5" drives in at the moment either, going from 2 drives in raid 0 to one single 3.5" drive.

I've bought one of these devices http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-205-LL&groupid=701&catid=7&subcat=1770

Which i will attempt to fit tonight/ tomorrow

p.s. I know what you mean about the little screws they are a pita

Soldato
OP
Good shout, that optical drive would look good in it. Hopefully it'll fit better than the stock flap which doesn't fit as well as my lian li optical bezel

you mean the stealth bezel that comes with it? mine seems ok?

Gives you an idea although the drive isnt a great match it will do the trick, think ill wait till tomorrow as ive got a 230mm fan coming and not sure it will fit :)

P1030277.jpg

P1030281.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ok small update,

here is the drive bay installed, not a perfect fit unfortunately it will have to come back out and a little persuasion done on it

P1020634.jpg

Ive also drilled 4 new holes about 5mm towards the centre of the case to allow the h50 rad to be installed in the rear and have the side panel fit flush :)

P1020635.jpg

P1020637.jpg

Associate
Here is mine after initial install. Its got stock fans and my old 8800GTX before I switched for the 5770 and 4x Coolink 1201's. I've also cable tidied a little more since, but here is how it did look. I'll try get another pic tonight.

img3292sr.jpg

I'm not sure the thin optical works as well as I thought it would, think I'll stick with mine :D As for my comment below it was more than when I had the blue LED fans installed there was a strong glow coming from the lower side of the bezel.
Also I like the work you've done with the new screw holes for the Rad. You'd think that Lian Li to put those in there if they could for others to use.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am very tempted to get one of these cases they look so good but I'm a little worried as my psu is not modular would i be better getting a new psu as well?

Also will my freezer 7 pro fit in there? (104 L x 58 W x 126.5 H mm)

Associate
Bigboy :-
A modular PSU wouldn't be a bad idea, while I think you might be able to get all the cables in at the bottom, you'll certainly cut off your airflow by doing so. Depending on what you are putting inside the box will make a difference to whether this is something you need to worry about or not. You might be able to rap your cables back on theirselves under the GPU, but its not easy to do and you'll be covering up the intake of your PSU unless you invert your PSU and cut a hole in the side (some people have over a hardforums)

Freezer 7 Pro should fit (I've managed to get a TRUE120 in so... :D It does depend how far down your socket is on your motherboard though, I'd be struggling if I was on a 1156 socket. The TRUE can probably "just" fit in if it was 90 degrees to what I have it, but unfortunately DFI made the NB a little higher than needed and it won't fit with the thermalpipes of the TRUE.

*Edit*
Just popped the side off to take a quick pic (as I promised before) now I've got the 5770 and Coolinks in there. It could certainly do with a few hours spend tidying it.

dsc05619s.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Current rig in my Sig is what would be going in there, Its all brand new and looks silly in my full tower case, and i have been wanting to go MATX for a long time, builds like these have me hooked on the idea of a small and sexy looking PC!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Bigboy :-
A modular PSU wouldn't be a bad idea, while I think you might be able to get all the cables in at the bottom, you'll certainly cut off your airflow by doing so. Depending on what you are putting inside the box will make a difference to whether this is something you need to worry about or not. You might be able to rap your cables back on theirselves under the GPU, but its not easy to do and you'll be covering up the intake of your PSU unless you invert your PSU and cut a hole in the side (some people have over a hardforums)

Freezer 7 Pro should fit (I've managed to get a TRUE120 in so... :D It does depend how far down your socket is on your motherboard though, I'd be struggling if I was on a 1156 socket. The TRUE can probably "just" fit in if it was 90 degrees to what I have it, but unfortunately DFI made the NB a little higher than needed and it won't fit with the thermalpipes of the TRUE.

*Edit*
Just popped the side off to take a quick pic (as I promised before) now I've got the 5770 and Coolinks in there. It could certainly do with a few hours spend tidying it.

dsc05619s.jpg

What sort of temps to you get with the TRUE? :D

Associate
To all you Lian Li PC-V354 owners, I find it really amazing what you're doing and I really like your configurations!

My idea of a perfect PC goes in the same direction, except that I'd like to watercool the VGA cards rather than the CPU. The graphics cards are always the noisiest in a PC.

I don't have such a case yet. That's why I'm asking you for advice:

First question: would it be possible to install a watercooled SLI rig of 570/580 GTX considering the tiny space between VGA and PSU?

Second question: would there be enough space to fit two 120mm WC-radiators, one on top of the PSU, one in the front? I won't need any 3.5'' hdd compartment, only fit a 256Gb Cricial C300.

Many thanx for your inputs!

Back
Top Bottom