LiE's Diet and Training Thread

Strange, the back rest does help somewhat, but you have to be careful not to fall into the trap most people do and slide your butt forward to bring the chest in. I've not done much push press but the leg drive does help with the hardest part of the movement, getting the bar moving from the bottom.

Fair enough, thinking about it I do think heavy shoulder pressing isn't all that great. Whenever I do lighter weights for shoulders I hit the muscles properly.

This particular diet has only been in use for about 3 weeks. I've always done something similar though just not exactly the same. There have been periods in the past where I've had to work away for weeks on end with poor diet and no gym so it's not been so straight forward.

I've taken whey and instant oats for many years, the pre-workout stuff I've tried various stuff over the years, and recovery xs I've been on for about 5 months.

Thought I'd post up my most recent pics (same ones from the bodybuilding thread) so I can keep things all documented in one place.

IMG_4003_crop.jpg

IMG_3391-1.jpg

IMG_4002.jpg

Aware me on inner tricep development.

Long head of tricep is used a lot in benching, which makes sense here.

Back does indeed look huge!

I find it's hit more when you do overhead extensions (french press) I like doing it on the cables with rope attachment. Make sure you get a good stretch in the muscle (ie full ROM).

Been hitting these hard over the last few months as it was noticable weak compared to the rest of my tricep.

I find it's hit more when you do overhead extensions (french press) I like doing it on the cables with rope attachment. Make sure you get a good stretch in the muscle (ie full ROM).

Been hitting these hard over the last few months as it was noticable weak compared to the rest of my tricep.
I was referencing Lie's big bench, which has caused/is a result of his tris.

Possibly an insight into the way I approach aesthetics :p

I was referencing Lie's big bench, which has caused/is a result of his tris.

Possibly an insight into the way I approach aesthetics :p

Oh yeah, of course a big bencher won't have small triceps. But even when i was benching my best (close grip >110), my long head was relatively small.

You even care about aesthetics?? A real PLer woudn't care if he had arms like the Mr Muscle actor if he had a 500lb bench :p

Chicken Shish Kebab tonight with the hot sauce :)

2012-01-04185857.jpg

My triceps I always do cable push downs with my back against a pad and elbows tucked in. I will then do rope extensions making sure I get my arm straight and wrist pointing away from me at the bottom for maximum contraction. I'll then do some stuff on the smith machine which involves putting the bar at about waist height and using it front dip, I'll super set this by dropping the bar to the bottom position and doing bench style dips with my legs resting on the raised area at the back of the smith machine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom