LiE's Log Part 2

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I went to the gym tonight with the aim of doing some light squatting, trying to screw my feet into the floor and stabilise my knees. It went well, but I soon found myself moving up in weight to see how it carried over to the heavier stuff. Power was a little lacking due to raping my PC yesterday doing deads, but overall I think it went really well (check the videos).

Squats
60x8
80x8
100x6
100x6
120x4
120x3
140x3
140x3
160x2
180x2

Actually did quite a bit! Finished off with lots of stretching.

The 160 the knees don't look too bad.
I am finding it tricky getting my feet setup properly

180 things start to break.
No idea what happened when I unracked...

Caporegime
Still tidy as sin

I need to play with my squats...also need to look at the rack and possibly move the catches down, but that will mean im doing partials while unracking :o stupid thing

Soldato
I think where your focusing on screwing your feet in to the ground your stance has gone a little wide. It definitely looks stable and tidy, just maybe bring it back in an inch, and slightly less angle on the feet to may help. More focus on the screw, rather then skew if that makes sense?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Mock meet today and it was a great experience. Very tough but massively rewarding.

Squat

180x1
190x1
200xf
200x1

Bench
140x1
150x1
155xf

Deads
200x1
220x1
240x1

Got some stuff to work on with my squat and some tweaks to my bench.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
OK so recap, here are some things I need to work on.

Bench Press
- Work on lowering the weight quicker to stop fatigue.
- Paused reps to include a more pronounced hold at the top before commencing with the lift.

Squat
- Walk out/unrack needs working on with heavy singles. Do some overload unrack/walk outs and really own the bar.
- Medial glutes need work. Do some band work as well as some single leg work (BSS, Reverse Lunges with db offblanace)
- Really explode through at the top of the rep.

Deadlifts
- Medial glutes as above to help keep knees from going in.
- More powar :p

Work on my external rotation.
http://www.mobilitywod.com/2011/02/episode-165-hip-external-rotation.html
http://www.mobilitywod.com/2011/06/episode-260-positional-inhibition-and-hip-external-rotation.html

Last edited:
Associate
Mock meet today and it was a great experience. Very tough but massively rewarding.

Squat

180x1
190x1
200xf
200x1

Bench
140x1
150x1
155xf

Deads
200x1
220x1
240x1

Got some stuff to work on with my squat and some tweaks to my bench.

that would bne a pretty hefty total if you could do that in a comp :)

Man of Honour
You're ridiculous LiE - genetic freakazoid for sure. Definitely a lot of natural ability there. Not a big mass carrier (i.e. you're lean) but hugely strong - icecold and you are both really well within the top percentile of the country for your weights I reckon. Fantastic stuff.

Associate
Yea the purpose of the mock meet is exactly as the name suggests :)
ye..i understand that. But no formal comp means no added pressure, nerves, judges etc. Notr sure that how that affect things..as Ive never done it:o but believ it can.

icecold and you are both really well within the top percentile of the country for your weights I reckon. Fantastic stuff.

ye..they must be youd think! Some awsome lifting

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
You're ridiculous LiE - genetic freakazoid for sure. Definitely a lot of natural ability there. Not a big mass carrier (i.e. you're lean) but hugely strong - icecold and you are both really well within the top percentile of the country for your weights I reckon. Fantastic stuff.

Thanks mate, appreciate your kind words :)
I'm really enjoying my training these days and taking things as they come.

If the bar ain't bending you're just pretending ;)

A lot of great lifting going on in this log, nicely done LiE :D

Cheers buddy.

ye..i understand that. But no formal comp means no added pressure, nerves, judges etc. Notr sure that how that affect things..as Ive never done it:o but believ it can.

ye..they must be youd think! Some awsome lifting

Yea no doubt it will be totally different at the comp in feb. Hopefully I can increase my numbers some more and really nail some areas I need to work on.

Did some soft tissue work this evening on my legs, felt so good and so bad.

Associate
Do you always squat in a mirror LiE? It was a small problem for me at my competition, was really weird squatting without seeing myself in the mirror. Instead you see loads of people! :D

Back
Top Bottom