Lift Laugh Love, a Log Story --- (Weightloss->Lifting->Swolification)

Weekly update time.

Forgot to weigh myself this morning, oh well my diet's been inconsistent this week as I've been off work playing Halo in my pants.

Workouts this week, Stronglifts B,A,B.

Today's workout was bloody hard but I made the numbers, honestly surprised. Went out on the beers last night and it took me AGES to warm and actually get my body working properly, nervous system just wasn't doing anything I told it to!

Squat 110kg <- Getting tough, but confident after the weekend and proper rest I'll be ok on 112.5
OHP 50kg <- Missed this on Monday, but smashed it today! Very happy with this, OHP has always been a weak lift for me but I seem to have cracked it lately. Holy trap DOMs incoming.
Deadlift 125kg <- DOHx2, Mixed grip x3. My grip is awful, sigh.

I also got the 75kg bench on Wednesday, again very happy with this as it was what I finished SL on back in.....May?

For your time:

ebaum1.gif

jeanralphio-five.gif

I have a question for you Chris.

First off, well done for sticking with it to build yourself back to good health and thanks for opening this thread up for questions.

Did you just throw cardio to the side and notice most of your weight loss was from the energy being burnt off by weight training?

Did you just throw cardio to the side and notice most of your weight loss was from the energy being burnt off by weight training?

The calorie deficit brought on by the diet alone will have caused the weight loss. The weight training will of course have burned a few calories but not enough to mention, however more importantly it allows for maintenance of muscle mass and improvement in body composition while losing weight.

I have a question for you Chris.

First off, well done for sticking with it to build yourself back to good health and thanks for opening this thread up for questions.

Yes. Cardio is a tool to create/extend a calorie deficit or improved cv fitness. Good resistance training is pretty good with the latter and I preferred to create the former with tighter diet.

Crap workout week. Had a heavy weekend at the end of a week off and just not used to less sleep yet. Skipped Monday, hit my target Wednesday (Including 5x5 77.5kg bench which felt great) but had the worst workout of my life today :(.

Squat 115kg 5x5 <- Hit this but gonna deload anyway, wasn't great.
OHP 52.5 5/5/2/3/2 <- Felt damn heavy
Deads 130kg <- Pah! Cranked out 2 then nearly fainted at the top of the third! Never experienced that before lol, nearly dropped the bar then sat down for like 5 minutes trying not to pass out!

In hindsight, probably should have taken the whole week off as a rest. Oh well **** happens, hopefully I'll get some good rest this weekend and get back on it next week!
I was intending to finish the split tomorrow, but just gonna leave it and sleep and eat!

What your all really here for ;)

Z42vu.gif
Boing-boing-boing.gif

Felt two gifs were required this week :p.

Weighed in this morning at 80.1kg. Still gaining on 2600 training days / 2000 off days, endo4life. Not too fussed but hopefully won't go much past 80kg, intend on cutting to 70kg after Christmas.

Workouts this week were SL A, B, A

Today's:

Squat 115kg 5x5 <- Deloaded to 110kg on Monday after last weeks shambles. Aimin for 130+ 1RM by Christmas, feeling confident.
Bench 82.5kg 5/5/5/3/2 <- Blast! Did his 80kg 5x5 on Monday though, happy with that (BW 5x5 Bench Achievement Unlocked!)
BOR 70kg 5/5/5/5/5 <- Feeling good, maybe too much body english going on but think I'll go one more before deload.

For your time, I present to you the latest PB POWAAAAAAAH! Song. If this doesn't hype you up I don't know what will.
Jenn%20Kaelin%20in%20the%20shower.gif

Dunno why this is such a glitchfest, weird. In full winter mode at the moment, hat and beard nom sayin?

Happy with this, depth isn't bang on every rep but I can assure you it's as deep as I can get without toppling over backwards :p. At the time the couple slower reps felt like FOREVER, but I can see in the video they're not that slow which is encouraging.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom