Lifting for gainzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
No one needs to break up your posts and reply to every part of it. You even said you cant help but feel thats why people are being x towards you, then bolded the part about being naturally strong, so yes you have to some extent acknowledged it.

Soldato
OP
That's misconstruing what I'm saying though. It's clear that I'm not weak looking at the powerlifting tables, I think I'm within the top 5.

By people, I meant Monkee, I couldn't see any other reason for why he'd have such a melt down and claim everything I was saying was ridiculous, then refuse to actually qualify what he meant.

The impression I got was "you liar, you've been lifting for ages, stop pretending you haven't".

Soldato
OP
It is misconstruing it, because I can acknowledge that I'm naturally high starting point whilst not thinking I'm superman, as I said, it's kinda obvious and not much of a surprise due to how much I weigh.

Do you have any idea what his meltdown was over then?

As for whether it matters, I think it does otherwise we wouldn't have competitions or power lifting tables.

Man of Honour
There is so much wrong with what you've posted in response to what I've said. So much exaggeration, assumption, and misinterpretation.

It's like you're actively looking for the worst case interpretation.

Soldato
OP
But, as I've asked you multiple times, why out of everything I said, was it that you chose to respond to, with a response to something I never actually said?

I knew I'd get the blame for the posts you're making, so I'm not surprised of course.

But it seems like a simple enough question for me to ask.

Soldato
OP
So you can acknowledge that you're strong but people cant say you aren't strong because you've not posted about it profusely?

Now you're just twisting what I'm saying. My point was that Monkee's comments smacked of "Your lifts seem quite high, you're lying about not having been into lifting much and taking it seriously".

The way I've been jumped on for things I haven't said, compared to the way no one's said anything to him for his melt down is just a bit odd.

Caporegime
Now you're just twisting what I'm saying. My point was that Monkee's comments smacked of "Your lifts seem quite high, you're lying about not lifting much and seriously".

What, why do you care so much?

Is Monkee responding? Does anyone else speak for him?

Man of Honour
It's clear that I'm not weak looking at the powerlifting tables, I think I'm within the top 5.
I'm talking about your strength relative to the national standard, not a small group of lifters of whom only a small number train for strength and fewer still have actually participated in a powerlifting competition.

I'm not saying you're weak either, just not strong to the extent that people would react badly out of jealousy.

Edit: Ok, I'll indulge you, let's see how it goes.
But, as I've asked you multiple times, why out of everything I said, was it that you chose to respond to, with a response to something I never actually said?

I knew I'd get the blame for the posts you're making, so I'm not surprised of course.

But it seems like a simple enough question for me to ask.
I quoted that part because I thought it was a good example why people are reacting badly to you. What you quoted implies that you think people are reacting badly to you because you haven't had to work all that hard for your level of strength. This is obviously an assumption, and a fairly inflammatory one.

I didn't address anything else you posted because I wasn't interested in doing so, and it wasn't relevant to my point.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
What, why do you care so much?

Is Monkee responding? Does anyone else speak for him?

He refused to speak for himself, he should at least have something to say for himself after such an outburst.

However, the response afterwards from people was pretty much "stop picking and being confrontational".

I'm talking about your strength relative to the national standard, not a small group of lifters of whom only a small number train for strength and fewer still have actually participated in a powerlifting competition.

I'm not really sure what you mean.

I'm not saying you're weak either, just not strong to the extent that people would react badly out of jealousy.

But it was pointless to say because I didn't say that I'm so strong, people are getting jealous.

I've already said I am assuming he's claiming that I am lying and that he was being bitter about that.

He said all my claims were ridiculous, how would you interpret that if not "stop lying"?

You should know the way some people are, they don't like others having things that they themselves have had to work very hard for.

Soldato
Firstly, I didn't even insinuate you'd been posting here for years as far as I can recall. Never remember you posting here before recently.

Secondly, I don't care much for strength. I train for bodybuilding and ultimately to get in good shape when I can be bothered to cut again. You're a strong chap yes, but you're so far removed from what I consider to be something to aspire to, it makes it hilarious you believe I could be jealous.

I'm not jealous of the guys stronger than you, who are in MUCH better shape. Please, PLEASE explain to the guys here, who know I don't train for strength, why I would be jealous of your lifts.

Soldato
OP
Firstly, I didn't even insinuate you'd been posting here for years as far as I can recall. Never remember you posting here before recently.

Yes, yes you did. Lawd at least have a grasp on the claims you're making before you make them and then call me a fantasist.

You go from claiming that you've been seeing my BS for years, and that you've had enough of my fantasist claims, to now claiming that you've never even seen my posts around here before.

Secondly, I don't care much for strength. I train for bodybuilding and ultimately to get in good shape when I can be bothered to cut again. You're a strong chap yes, but you're so far removed from what I consider to be something to aspire to, it makes it hilarious you believe I could be jealous.

I didn't say you were jealous, I said bitter. They're different words that mean different things. I find it hilarious that someone is responding to something I never said, again.

I'm not jealous of the guys stronger than you, who are in MUCH better shape. Please, PLEASE explain to the guys here, who know I don't train for strength, why I would be jealous of your lifts.

Why don't you get a grip on what you're actually saying before you start with this?

Soldato
OP
I don't know why you would, but go back to the melt down post you had, read it back and tell me why you reacted like that, made the claims you've now taken back and come across in a bitter way.

Soldato
O LaWD, I actually just took the time to read back what I even wrote originally, and it seems it's you that misunderstood, shock horror. I simply said in recent years I simply can't be bothered to bite my tongue. That wasn't aimed at you, that was in general. That was me saying years ago, I'd have not bothered replying.

But yeah, you go claiming it's everyone else talking you out of context, when it's actually you who doesn't even read or understand what is written.

To clarify, I have never insinuated you've been a member here for years. I have never noticed you until recently. I was referring to a characteristic of myself which has changed over the years.

Good one tho. Well played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom