Lila Connect - VX Fibre 1gig - Stoke on Trent

Associate
I was meant to update this other day, thanks for the reminder :D

They had no issue putting the fiber cable into this garage and last Monday, they came out and installed it. My download speed (on their tool) is 1Gbps, upload is around 730Mbps. Speedtest dot net gives me 946Mbps download and 679Mbps upload. I went with Breeze as my provider, mainly due to them being an IT company and know what they are on about first time. The guy there has been very helpful setting it all up.

The1nonly1? Out of interest could you tell me what is reported about your connection here: https://stat.ripe.net/ The AS and Subnet part only, have no interest in your personal address just trying to understand a bit more about the provider. Breeze seem to be a bit of an enigma in my research. They dont exist at Companies House. They dont seem to have any registered address publised. Even there own site has the below

"
About Breeze Fibre
Text about Breeze Fibre
"

No published Company Number on website. Legal Requirement under UK LAW. So just wondering who they even are.

Tried calling all the providers for some feedback and not been able to speak to anyone or get a call back so far. Not exactly inspiring confidence.

Associate
The1nonly1? Out of interest could you tell me what is reported about your connection here: https://stat.ripe.net/ The AS and Subnet part only, have no interest in your personal address just trying to understand a bit more about the provider. Breeze seem to be a bit of an enigma in my research. They dont exist at Companies House. They dont seem to have any registered address publised. Even there own site has the below

"
About Breeze Fibre
Text about Breeze Fibre
"

No published Company Number on website. Legal Requirement under UK LAW. So just wondering who they even are.

Tried calling all the providers for some feedback and not been able to speak to anyone or get a call back so far. Not exactly inspiring confidence.

I don't understand enough of what the 'AS' is and dont want to put myself at risk by giving this but they do have a number listed, 01206 274040, and I've had no problem contacting them. Even spoke to them before ordering.

Soldato
I don't understand enough of what the 'AS' is and dont want to put myself at risk by giving this but they do have a number listed, 01206 274040, and I've had no problem contacting them. Even spoke to them before ordering.

AS means Autonymous System, there's plenty of detail about it here but essentally it's a unique number used on the internet to group together networks. So your ISP will group all of their IP ranges together under an AS number and will use that AS number to connect to (peer with) other networks.

There's no privacy concerns about saying what your AS is, all it'll do is let someone identify who your ISP is and how that ISP connects out to the wider internet. My AS is 2856 for example.

Associate
Just spoke to Lila connect and he says after the fiber is layed down, it can take up to 6-9 months before connections are available to customers. That's crazy!

Associate
I was meant to update this other day, thanks for the reminder :D

They had no issue putting the fiber cable into this garage and last Monday, they came out and installed it. My download speed (on their tool) is 1Gbps, upload is around 730Mbps. Speedtest dot net gives me 946Mbps download and 679Mbps upload. I went with Breeze as my provider, mainly due to them being an IT company and know what they are on about first time. The guy there has been very helpful setting it all up.
How would you say your experience is after 2 months?

Associate
How would you say your experience is after 2 months?

Good. Speeds never dropped and been consistent with what I posted. One thing to note is that Lila Connect do use Carrier Grade NAT. However, Breeze have had this changed with them and I now have a static IP with no Carrier Grade NAT. This is not automatic for everyone though and you would need to contact them for this.

Last edited:
Associate
Good. Speeds never dropped and been consistent with what I posted. One thing to note is that Lila Connect do use Carrier Grade NAT. However, Breeze have had this changed with them and I now have a static IP with no Carrier Grade NAT. This is not automatic for everyone though and you would need to contact them for this.

Thank you. Can I ask if you're using your own kit or the breeze one? I hope to use my Netgear Orbi with their kit being in modem mode to avoid Double NAT.

Other option I'm thing of is Rocket Fibre.

Associate
Thank you. Can I ask if you're using your own kit or the breeze one? I hope to use my Netgear Orbi with their kit being in modem mode to avoid Double NAT.

Other option I'm thing of is Rocket Fibre.

I use my own. I have Asus RT-AC86U router that plugs directly into the ONT that Lila Connect installed in my property. I don't fully understand how a double NAT works but I know I had it when it was first installed.

There was only Breeze, Pure and Air when I signed up for the service.

Associate
Hi I am from Weston coyney, and had Lila connect with air broadband as the ISP and 1Gbit service, currently the speeds I'm getting are all over the place, and not very stable, I can speed test with just my laptop connected over a wired connection (cat8)WiFi off, and it ranges from 650mbps down at the most to as low as 200mbps and the up ranges from about 800 to 600mbps really inconsistent. With regard to the double NAT anyone shed some more light on that, as I game via Xbox series X and often my xbox tells me I'm getting a double NAT ,I go in to my network settings on the Xbox test NAT and every time it just resolves itself, it's just so random. When I took up the service I wanted to get a good quality router and went kinda over kill and bought Asus rog gt-ax11000 which is what I use as, air broadband's supplied router is a tp-link ax1500 with there custom ISP firmware which is so basic you can't really do much with it, it's kinda like a sky router nothing you can really mess with other than they will allow you to. currently in talks air's tech support over said speed issues which remain still unresolved.would be interested in hearing what speeds others are getting from Lila connect in my area.

Associate
Hi I am from Weston coyney, and had Lila connect with air broadband as the ISP and 1Gbit service, currently the speeds I'm getting are all over the place, and not very stable, I can speed test with just my laptop connected over a wired connection (cat8)WiFi off, and it ranges from 650mbps down at the most to as low as 200mbps and the up ranges from about 800 to 600mbps really inconsistent. With regard to the double NAT anyone shed some more light on that, as I game via Xbox series X and often my xbox tells me I'm getting a double NAT ,I go in to my network settings on the Xbox test NAT and every time it just resolves itself, it's just so random. When I took up the service I wanted to get a good quality router and went kinda over kill and bought Asus rog gt-ax11000 which is what I use as, air broadband's supplied router is a tp-link ax1500 with there custom ISP firmware which is so basic you can't really do much with it, it's kinda like a sky router nothing you can really mess with other than they will allow you to. currently in talks air's tech support over said speed issues which remain still unresolved.would be interested in hearing what speeds others are getting from Lila connect in my area.
Hi buddy, I think there's still CG NAT that might be causing an issue. I'd recommend asking Air Broadband about this. Think you might have to pay for a static IP. Maybe I'm thinking things here. Is your new router connected directly to their router and is that in modem mode?

I've ordered the 500mb line with them and the ISP is breeze I believe. Will let you know once I'm up and running

Associate
My Asus router is directly connected to Lila's Ont.i will speak to them about CG NAT. as for there router initially I told them I didn't require it as I purchased the Asus router before they had installed the fiber, as I thought like most, that the isp kit would be bog basic. but they sent it me, so I could speed test my connection and compare the results, currently I can't do that as I can't get it to setup and it didn't come preconfigured with the settings, and like most ppl my networking knowledge only stretches so far. my Asus was a breeze to setup as the wizard worked out in about 10 seconds my type of connection and all the relevant settings.

Associate
Hi buddy, I think there's still CG NAT that might be causing an issue. I'd recommend asking Air Broadband about this. Think you might have to pay for a static IP. Maybe I'm thinking things here. Is your new router connected directly to their router and is that in modem mode?

I've ordered the 500mb line with them and the ISP is breeze I believe. Will let you know once I'm up and running

I'm with Breeze too and have a static IP with them so do not get CG NAT.

My Asus router is directly connected to Lila's Ont.i will speak to them about CG NAT. as for there router initially I told them I didn't require it as I purchased the Asus router before they had installed the fiber, as I thought like most, that the isp kit would be bog basic. but they sent it me, so I could speed test my connection and compare the results, currently I can't do that as I can't get it to setup and it didn't come preconfigured with the settings, and like most ppl my networking knowledge only stretches so far. my Asus was a breeze to setup as the wizard worked out in about 10 seconds my type of connection and all the relevant settings.

Definitely speak to them about it. I've never had any issues with speed dropping out and always constant 960Mbps download. Upload is around 650/700Mbps.

Associate
Thanks for the reply the1nonly1 will definitely speak to them about CG NAT and getting a static IP wanted to sort it all out today but was to busy with other general daily life stuff but free tomorrow so it's top of my to-do list

Associate
Thanks for the reply the1nonly1 will definitely speak to them about CG NAT and getting a static IP wanted to sort it all out today but was to busy with other general daily life stuff but free tomorrow so it's top of my to-do list
Did you get it sorted

Back
Top Bottom