Lila Connect - VX Fibre 1gig - Stoke on Trent

Soldato
Lila connect only provide the infrastructure and operates kinda like BT/openreach. As in BT owns there network and maintains it while having broadband providers like sky, talktalk , zen etc provide your broadband package, in this case on Lila, your broadband providers are breeze, rocket and air, which is who you pay for your broadband package, Lila does charge you a form of line rental priced at £9.99, unless you want to pay them a 1 time fee of £650.00 at which point there is no line rental to pay. Hope this helps you get your head round it
Thank you, I completely understand now. Quite an interesting offer, am I going to stay in my current house more than 65 months.....hmm...I have some choices to make.

The ISP choice seems easy though, I'll be picking the one recommended here which doesn't make double NAT happen!

Associate
Just to update everyone, forgot to mention i was talking to a Lila connect engineer last month or so, who was doing some maintenance to 1 of there fiber cabinets, while chatting he told me this is the only speed test Lila connect get there engineers to use and it's the only 1 they trust, so for those who like to check there speed here's the link he gave me.

http://speed-uk1.vx.se/index.html

Just to add test should be performed via a wired connection to laptop/pc with no other wired connections connected and WiFi switched off.

Happy speed testing!

Associate
Just to update everyone, forgot to mention i was talking to a Lila connect engineer last month or so, who was doing some maintenance to 1 of there fiber cabinets, while chatting he told me this is the only speed test Lila connect get there engineers to use and it's the only 1 they trust, so for those who like to check there speed here's the link he gave me.

http://speed-uk1.vx.se/index.html

Just to add test should be performed via a wired connection to laptop/pc with no other wired connections connected and WiFi switched off.

Happy speed testing!

I was given the same test when I first joined. Worth noting that this only works when you are connected to their network.

Associate
Since they've made the effort to dig up my street, I've seen the new pricing for Gigabit and took the plunge.
£30 a month for gigabit - with line rental included - was around the same I was paying for virgin, and for 5 times the speed.

See how it goes.

Soldato
Since they've made the effort to dig up my street, I've seen the new pricing for Gigabit and took the plunge.
£30 a month for gigabit - with line rental included - was around the same I was paying for virgin, and for 5 times the speed.

See how it goes.
Isn't it £30 to Lilaconnect then £35 ish to breeze too?

Associate

See how it goes.

Who did you go with? Is it with Lila direct as I noticed they are actually an ISP now too instead of just creating the network.

You have two options. Pay £10 per month for the 'line rental' to Lila and pay whatever the ISP charges or pay the one off £600 for the connection to the network and then just pay the ISP charge.

Caporegime
Who did you go with? Is it with Lila direct as I noticed they are actually an ISP now too instead of just creating the network.

Oh wow. I can't see their ISP partners being too happy with that. They'd have to retail a symmetric gigabit for £20 a month to compete on price.

Associate

£9.99 to Lila for line rental, then £19.99 to Lila again as the ISP. 18 month contract.

When I cancelled virgin, they basically said they didn't believe the deal was real. Obviously busy as it's a 5 week wait for an install slot.

Reading the LILA FAQ's it mentioned that the installers will only install an access point on the front wall of the house at ground level, I don't suppose anyone else has managed to get an install on the first floor of their property? That's currently where my current modem & switch sits for the Ethernet.

Associate
£9.99 to Lila for line rental, then £19.99 to Lila again as the ISP. 18 month contract.

When I cancelled virgin, they basically said they didn't believe the deal was real. Obviously busy as it's a 5 week wait for an install slot.

Reading the LILA FAQ's it mentioned that the installers will only install an access point on the front wall of the house at ground level, I don't suppose anyone else has managed to get an install on the first floor of their property? That's currently where my current modem & switch sits for the Ethernet.

I had mine installed in the garage on the wall where my living room is. I ordered back in December and they sent out someone to have a look first to see if it was possible.

Associate
Oh wow. I can't see their ISP partners being too happy with that. They'd have to retail a symmetric gigabit for £20 a month to compete on price.

Doesn't look like they are as I've just looked and only see Lila, Air Broadband and Pure Broadband as being available.

Man of Honour
Nearly there

lila2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom