Lila Connect - VX Fibre 1gig - Stoke on Trent

Associate
Hey all,

A lot of Lilaconnect work has been done in the area and I might go for the gigabit line.

any of you got the service already?

I live in stoke on trent and they dug the road up a few months ago.

Associate
Hey all,

A lot of Lilaconnect work has been done in the area and I might go for the gigabit line.

any of you got the service already?

I live in stoke on trent and they dug the road up a few months ago.

I've had it since January. Luckily my area was first so I only waited 2/3 weeks from when I booked to having it installed. I do see a lot of people on Lila Connects Facebook posts saying it's now taking a couple months to have it installed after ordering so something to bear in mind.

In regards to the service, it's been amazing. The speed is fantastic and nothing compares to it around here.

Soldato
I've had it since January. Luckily my area was first so I only waited 2/3 weeks from when I booked to having it installed. I do see a lot of people on Lila Connects Facebook posts saying it's now taking a couple months to have it installed after ordering so something to bear in mind.

In regards to the service, it's been amazing. The speed is fantastic and nothing compares to it around here.
Brilliant to hear someone who's actually had it installed. Are you in Weston coyney then?

My area haven't yet had it go live and I check quite often!

Do you get Gigabit up and down?

What do you use for a modem/router etc?

Associate
Brilliant to hear someone who's actually had it installed. Are you in Weston coyney then?

My area haven't yet had it go live and I check quite often!

Do you get Gigabit up and down?

What do you use for a modem/router etc?

On average, I get around 950 Mbps down and 700 Mbps up. For Router, I use a Asus RT-AC86U that connects directly to the ONT box (by ethernet cable) that the fibre goes into, no modem required.

Soldato
On average, I get around 950 Mbps down and 700 Mbps up. For Router, I use a Asus RT-AC86U that connects directly to the ONT box (by ethernet cable) that the fibre goes into, no modem required.
Brilliant, as soon as it goes live and if I'm not under contract to virgin media I'll be getting it. How much do you pay per month if you don't mind me asking?

Associate
Got my broadband installed today but my Netgear Orbi router cannot get an IP address from the Lila ONT. The internet is set to DHCP so not sure what the issue is tbh.

Associate
OP
that's a shame about CityFibre - Lila seem slow to get the service running, they dug our road up 6 months ago, but no sign of activity since....

Soldato
You're lucky they're digging up the road and installing it! Unfortunately I'm in a suburb of Stoke-on-Trent, which comes under Staffordshire Moorlands council rather than Stoke-on-Trent City - sadly despite many asking on their Facebook, they don't seem to be bothering with these areas :(

Associate
I'm currently living on Meir Park, VM isn't available here yet meaning the fastest connection available is 80mbit. Vxfibre have shown no signs of bringing their network to Meir Park and instead seem to be focusing on overbuilding areas already served by Virgin Media.

I'm sure Vx have their reasons but not targeting an area with limited connection options seems strange.

Associate
Constant double nat on both my series x and series s, due cg nat that I couldn't get resolved via air broadband, also just to update a few on here that had previously advised me about cg nat, air broadband won't let you have a static ip, due to the shortage, sure they say you can until you ask and get bounced around there telephone system and basically fobbed off, anyways in the end I gave up, and am moving soon out the area so air broadband or Lila won't be an issue.

Last edited:
Associate
Do you ever have any issues with NAT on xbox?

I have a static IP from them so no issue with the double NAT. You can also get a static IP from Rocket Fibre for £4.99 per month.

Constant double nat on both my series x and series s, due cg nat that I couldn't get resolved via air broadband, also just to update a few on here that had previously advised me about cg nat, air broadband won't let you have a static ip, due to the shortage, sure they say you can until you ask and get bounced around there telephone system and basically fobbed off, anyways in the end I gave up, and am moving soon out the area so air broadband or Lila won't be an issue.

I'll be staying away from them when I'm looking around after contract is over with current.

Associate
Honestly the1andonly, definitely steer clear of them as they gave me the run around for weeks and weeks on end, as said, being bounced round there telephone system, lots of empty promises from various different air broadband tech support staff and failed call backs. normally I stick it out with company's like this, but in the end after 6 or 7 weeks I gave up because I was getting nowhere and it's exhausting and demoralising after that length of time.

Soldato
Guys i don't understand the mentions of breeze, air broadband and rocket fibre and other providers, do you not just pay the money to Lilaconnect? My road us being cabled as we speak and I'm gearing up to order when I'm able to. I can't afford to have any issues with Xbox NAT or otherwise

I pay £30 with Breeze.

Honestly the1andonly, definitely steer clear of them as they gave me the run around for weeks and weeks on end, as said, being bounced round there telephone system, lots of empty promises from various different air broadband tech support staff and failed call backs. normally I stick it out with company's like this, but in the end after 6 or 7 weeks I gave up because I was getting nowhere and it's exhausting and demoralising after that length of time.

Associate
Lila connect only provide the infrastructure and operates kinda like BT/openreach. As in BT owns there network and maintains it while having broadband providers like sky, talktalk , zen etc provide your broadband package, in this case on Lila, your broadband providers are breeze, rocket and air, which is who you pay for your broadband package, Lila does charge you a form of line rental priced at £9.99, unless you want to pay them a 1 time fee of £650.00 at which point there is no line rental to pay. Hope this helps you get your head round it

Associate
That's just how they operate, and it's not difficult to sort out as both just direct debit you anyway, personally I think the confusion comes from the fact that when Lila connect roll out fiber in a area, they advertise there fiber in there name as like virgin would but unlike virgin, there not the actual broadband package provider. Hence steinooo comment above.

Back
Top Bottom