Liverpool Takeover Thread

Soldato
doesn't it seem crazy that you can technically own a club and have it sold from under you/not have the power to vote people off the board.

Good for Liverpool fans certainly but crazy.

Don
With all the conditions H&G had to agree to in order to get the latest refinance, we were effectively in administration already with Broughton being the administrator.

Don
If Broughton does have the final say about who gets sacked or not from the board it'll be because H&G wrote it in to his contract :D

I have no doubt that they did agree to this and the simple reason they did was because they had no choice.

Let's just hope there's no loophole that will get H&G off the hook.

My personal feeling is that this legal action is just a bluff from Hicks's part to try and get more money out of the deal.

Soldato
doesn't it seem crazy that you can technically own a club and have it sold from under you/not have the power to vote people off the board.

Good for Liverpool fans certainly but crazy.

Seems crazier that you can assume the position as owner in the first place by borrowing the entire amount for the purchase, and then leverage the debt against the club, that's the utterly bizarre bit

Soldato
That's not what you initially asked. Keeping the club afloat and hanging on to the likes of Torres at all costs is completely different.
Apologies if I wasn't clear the first time, but what I meant was whether they'd force players to be sold to keep costs down, rather than players simply choosing to leave due to the team's bad position. In effect, would they be willing to underwrite the entire current wage bill, in the best-case scenario that none of your players would leave.

Essentially like when Juventus got thrown into Serie B a few years back for the match-fixing stuff. A few top players left, but enough stayed to ensure an immediate return. The loss of Torres (bad original example, I admit) wouldn't affect you much in the Championship, but if Gerrard, Carragher, Agger and Reina had to go too?

Anyway, it's all purely conjecture. You won't get docked points, and you definitely won't go down, so who cares. :)

Caporegime
Liverpool scouts looking for four first-team players

I really can't believe what Roy's trying to do to us. He's already bought Konchesky, Poulsen, Meireles and Cole for the first team and now he wants another four. Gerrard and Torres missed a large part of last season and we still finished 7th. Were we really 8 players short of having a competitive first team? If this man manages to hang on to his job until January he'll destroy us :mad:

Permabanned
First team doesn't mean first 11. He is absolutely right, outside of Liverpool's first eleven your squad players are almost all mediocre at best. Which isn't that surprising when half your first eleven are mediocre.

Permabanned
That still doesn't mean first 11, a better understudy for Torres wouldn't be considered a first 11 player, but with Torres injury record he would be a player who "can go into the starting line-up".

:p

Man of Honour
I dont think the Liverpool squad is THAT bad at all, I mean its certainly a squad capable of coming 5th/6th/7th provided people are fit.

Caporegime
I dont think the Liverpool squad is THAT bad at all, I mean its certainly a squad capable of coming 5th/6th/7th provided people are fit.
Exactly. We're certainly not good enough to challenge the top four/five at the moment but the way some people have been talking about our squad recently I'm surprised we're not in the Championship this year.

Man of Honour
Exactly. We're certainly not good enough to challenge the top four/five at the moment but the way some people have been talking about our squad recently I'm surprised we're not in the Championship this year.

There is just so much negativity around the players, not helped by Hodgson who seems to think the right place for Liverpool is struggling in the relegation zone.

The majority of your first team are very decent players, ones who would easily walk into some of the top 4 teams, and definitely all of the top 10 teams.

Associate
Liverpool became good the moment Xabi Alonso walked in the door, and got awful the moment he left. No team in the world could replace Alonso and Mascherano with Poulsen and Lucas and hope to carry on competing.

Man of Honour
Liverpool became good the moment Xabi Alonso walked in the door, and got awful the moment he left. No team in the world could replace Alonso and Mascherano with Poulsen and Lucas and hope to carry on competing.

There's a difference between competing for a top 4 spot and completely failing at everything.

Back
Top Bottom