Liverpool Takeover Thread

Don
It's also well known he's a family friend of the Hicks. The board should see straight through it.

I believe he's actually a close friend of Gillett's son.

If this Kirdi's CV wasn't shady enough, the timing of all his announcement smacks of desperation on H&G's part. They know that Broughton is closing in on choosing a prefered bidder and they're trying everything to either bump up the price or stall the process.

Soldato
Its just PR spin. And if it was legit i doubt the PL would accept them under the new screening.

'Im not loaded, but i have lots of loaded backers! Honest!'
This is the same situation which got Portsmouth into their mess. PL wont risk for their own reputation that again.

Caporegime
To be fair, as soon as one person made their bid public everyone else involved would have. Do you not think if the Syrian guy made a public bid the Chinese guys wouldn't make their bid public, and in doing so, that would instantly make it non viable and a joke?

Being friends with someone doesn't make it unrealistic, not saying it isn't, but the reasoning is rather daft in this thread. THe timings off, no its not, people have put in bids before over the past year, any more bids were likely to be rushed/pushed through before the season starts and it makes no sense for anyone to keep it private when one bid has gone public.

What strikes me as odd is, the Chinese government who have no affiliation with Liverpool, want to invest, basically a billion or more in Liverpool, won't just offer Hicks an extra £50mil on top to get it done, dusted, through and with time to spare? Its not like these guys are lifelong fans, personal enemies with H&G. I wouldn't want to waste cash, but pee around over a 1billion + investment(£200mil debt, £300-400mil stadium?, 200-400mil for the actual club itself, £150mil for players, minimum, more over the coming years) and it doesn't make sense to spend an extra 50-100mil to make sure they've got time to find, talk, and sign players before the transfer window shuts?

Soldato
From what i can gather from people who have had communication with a few of the bidding parties (SoS for example), most the 'serious' bidders agree not to bid more then the minimum possible as they don't feel H and G deserve a huge profit for their incompetence, and thus keep the fans happy.

Don

The reason why the Syrian bid is attracting so much scepticism is because in business terms he's a nobody.

He was made out to be an ex-Syrian International footballer who has links to one of the smaller UAE states after playing for a club there. He's also meant to be a big shot businessman who has brokered ~£160m deal for 6 private jets. All of this has turned out to be BS. He represented Syria at Youth level and played for a club in Syria that had a similar name to some UAE club. The private jet deal never happened and the only business's that he can be linked to are a couple of Pizza places.

Add his less than spectacular background to the fact that he's a close friend of Gillett's son and the fact that he claims to be dealing direclty with H&G and you get a clearer picture to what's going on.

H&G are in a position where the sale of the club is out of their hands; it's more than possible that they're using this Kirdi deal to either slow down the sale of the club and/or try and bump the price up.

And regarding Huang and his bid; that's far from crystal clear too. It's still unclear whether CIC (effectively the Chinese government) are involved and exactly how involved they might be. In fact the amount of statements, denials, counter-statements and retractions that's come about from his bid is just as worrying (in a different way) as the Kirdi deal. The only thing in his favour is that he has got a bit of a reputation in business and his partner most certainly has.

Associate
“Rafael didn’t do anything good for Liverpool,” Kirdi said. “Hodgson is very good for Liverpool because he’s not some kind of dictator.”

That's going to go down a treat with the fans :rolleyes:

Don
He's also reportedly said that he wants to get back to the glory days, the likes of winning the CL in 2005 :rolleyes:

Oh and he's said that once he's signed an exclusivity agreement, he wants 2 months to look over the deal before finalising everything. Coincidently it's just about 2 months before loan extension expires :rolleyes:

edit: and like I said in my last post, the Chinese are hardly reassuring. More reported quotes from on of them coming out today which contradicts what they were reported as saying a few days ago.

Hopefully something more concrete will come out in the next few days.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
From what I've seen and read so far I would prefer Huangs bid rather than Kirdis bid. Kirdi seems so entangled and dodgy and I really dont like the whole I want to wait 2 months thing.

Besides, Huang looks uncannily like Hiro Nakamura and I think the ability to stop time would prove really useful in matches.

hironakamura.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Kirdi's a shill, I've been saying it all along :D
It's just so hilariously obvious that I can't believe they've tried it...

I don't think the takeover's going to happen in time for transfers this window to be honest. I'm certain that the outgoing owners will be using it as a bargaining position to prospective buyers..."this is the price, now or next window" or words to that effect. However I'm sure the parties interested in buying the club will prioritise paying the right amount ahead of paying quickly!

Even if it did it'd lead to Liverpool getting quoted vastly inflated asking prices for players.

also lol at Tombstone, but racist!!

Associate
The Telegraph are reporting the board meeting on friday has been postponed due to no actual bids or no serious interest, I hope this is just a bunch of crap since it's the only paper reporting it at the moment.

Associate
Also notice Kirdi wants 2 months to look over the books or whatever, And G&H can refinance in 2 months ... There's enough evidence to prove he is shill bidding and just helping G&H get to the refinancing deadline, But i doubt anyone will/can do anything either.

Don
I wouldn't read too much into the Telegraph article. According to them the deadline for bids to be made is Friday yet they planned a board meeting to discuss those bids on Thursday :confused:

It appears as if everybody's just playing a waiting game. Despite what's been reported in the press, a deal before the end of this month was never likely. The deadline's not until October and I guess with ~2 months to go, no potential bidder wants to show his hand first.

Associate
Just a quickie, brethren. I'm absolutely confident the Huang takeover is bang on course. I hate being evasive. I'd promised I wouldn't come back onto this thread until I had solid news, but I feel the anguish everyone is going through and felt I should pop in and try to calm the fear, understandable as it is. Hold your nerve and talk about football for a day or two. It's coming to a head. I really can't say any more.

From a extremely trusted person on RAWK, He's the one who started a topic with inside info and keeping us up to date but he can't give out too much or it'll compromise things apparently, he has got most of it right so far too so here's hoping.

Back
Top Bottom