Liverpool Takeover Thread

Caporegime
So potentially a decision on our clubs future is being made on Friday 13th? :o

lol, its probably a good omen that it looks like Diaby might start, I mean the fact he was rubbish for France, rubbish last season and, I'm not entirely sure but might not have played a single minute of preseason doesn't seem to mean he's out of the squad.....

Was the deal with a 10 day limit somewhere around the 3rd of August then? I can't keep track of when the time frame started.

Associate
Swipe, on 13 August 2010 - 06:18 PM, said:
From RAWK (i think).

They have some amount of ITKs over there.

News on takeover. . there is a board meeting in London now. .last night the hierarchy's of LFC 'S Lenders met to discuss deal on the table. . I have been told that a deal to buy LFC IS DONE. . we will hear something before Monday. Check out Rawk website for updates. .the end game is here. . .Huang is the new owner. There will be a sting for gillett. . alledgedly. .alledgedly it will be revealed once the sale has been announced. It involves club funds. .thats all I will say. .tonight if you're a LFC Fan crack open a bottle and rejoice. . .

David Hodgson, on 13 August 2010 - 06:34 PM, said:
I'm hearing something very close to this.

---
Found this on RAWK from someone who found it on TLW, now i don't believe the sale thing at all, but i have read that there was a meeting last night with BarCap and some other people, also i did hear from a few places about the Gillett thing too.

I heard he has been misusing club funds(can't honestly say i would be surprised?) but i was told that will come out in the press a couple of days/weeks after the sale has been done.

The main reason i posted this was because of the Gillett thing, so take no or little to no notice over the sale to Huang part yet.

Don
RAWK and .tv have been taking an absolute hammering for the last hour.

Imagine if it's just announcing the Brad Jones signing :o

Don
Liverpool FC statement regarding the proposed sale of the club.

The Liverpool FC Board has reviewed a number of proposed bids for the club at a meeting held today.

The Board will continue to act in the best interests of Liverpool Football Club and its supporters, doing all that it can to ensure that the Club is ultimately sold to a buyer who has the resources and real commitment to give it a long-term, stable and secure funding position for its plans.

The sale process is continuing. However, its timing and outcome remain uncertain. In the meantime, we will not comment on rumour and speculation.
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/liverpool-fc-statement-2

Can't say I expected more than this. At least we know the process is moving forwards.

Caporegime
This is starting to look really bad for Liverpool, they are starting to play Nvidia games "there will be a huge announcement soon".

"the announcement is we will make an another announcement at a future date".

Don
Very underwhelming.

Why? For the last few days we've been told by the press that either no bids have been made or bidders haven't provided proof of funds, this statement puts those rumours to bed.

If the process is as we've been told (bids are put to BarCap, they carry out due diligence on the bidders and then bids are put to the board) then we now know that at least 2 legit bids have been passed on from BarCap to the board.

There could be a number of reasons as to why a decision on the bids hasn't yet been made but it's reassuring to know that a decision on our clubs future isn't being rushed.

Associate
There could be a number of reasons as to why a decision on the bids hasn't yet been made but it's reassuring to know that a decision on our clubs future isn't being rushed.

I agree, the last thing we need is another "knee-jerk" decision, we don't wanna go out of the frying pan into the fire !!

Last edited:
Don
Remembering that the EPL must be informed of any club takeovers 10 days prior to them happening; Richard Scudamore (CEO of the EPL) was sitting alongside Broughton and the rest of the Liverpool board at the game today.

Read into this what you will.

Caporegime
Remembering that the EPL must be informed of any club takeovers 10 days prior to them happening; Richard Scudamore (CEO of the EPL) was sitting alongside Broughton and the rest of the Liverpool board at the game today.

Read into this what you will.

That most people in football, like football, and being the only game on Sunday(in a worthwhile league :p ), many top exec's and managers were there?

Don
The entire Liverpool board sitting alongside the League's CEO a couple of days after the board examined several takeover bids.

Who knows, maybe it's pure coincidence but maybe (and almost certainly some sort of discussions took place) there's more to it.

Associate
rorysmith_tel #LFC considering five bids, by all accounts. That Kirdi isn't one of them is both remarkable and unsurprising at the same time

Interesting, I wonder who they are.

Caporegime
The entire Liverpool board sitting alongside the League's CEO a couple of days after the board examined several takeover bids.

Who knows, maybe it's pure coincidence but maybe (and almost certainly some sort of discussions took place) there's more to it.

Imagine you're the League CEO, its opening weekend, its a Sunday, theres one premier league game on and you can go and sit in any directors box at any game in the league anytime in the box for free, where would you be?

LIkewise, opening home game of the season, football fans, the board all show up.

I'm sure they did talk, no reason not to, but if Liverpool already had owners that were the richest people in the world, you'd already bought Messi, Ronaldo, Drogba, Tevez, etc, etc, I'd still expect the same line up of people in those seats.

Don
Where exactly did I say the club had been (or ever will be) sold to the richest people in the world? :confused:

The fact that the entire board and Scudamore was there could be pure coincidence however it's more than likely that some sort of update regarding the takeover would have taken place and possibly something more than that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom