Liverpool Takeover Thread

Soldato
Why would they use any assets other than Liverpool FC to secure funds if that was the route NESV decided to go down ?

Just what they said, so we can only take their word for it. Any loans (which are unlikely, their words) would be secured against NESV as a whole, so no one 'club' is to feel the entire burden, or something.

Associate
Ex-Liverpool FC owners Hicks and Gillett withdraw Texas lawsuit but $1.6 billion damages
Oct 15 2010
By Luke Traynor

OUSTED Liverpool FC owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett this evening withdrew their $1.6bn lawsuit in Texas against the club.

But they vowed to press ahead with their claim for damages after the sale of the Reds to New England Sports Ventures this afternoon.

The former co-owners also revealed their intention to bring their latest lawsuit across the Atlantic to an English court.

If they continued with their action against the Royal Bank of Scotland and the English directors of the Anfield board, the High Court in London had threatened to hold them in contempt of court.

But Hicks and Gillett, who have lost £14m now the sale to Boston has gone through, still argue Liverpool was undervalued and the deal was illegally sealed.

A statement from the ex-owners said: "Mr. Hicks and Mr. Gillett have withdrawn without prejudice their Texas lawsuit in order to fully comply with the order of the English court.

"We believe the order is overbroad and unfair, yet Mr. Hicks and Mr. Gillett respect the legal process.

"We believe that once the English court finally has a chance to hear all the facts, a very different picture will be painted."

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...llion-damages-claim-remains-100252-27481773/?

Surely coming to the UK to is the worst possible decision yet made by them?

Soldato
They have beef with RBS et al, with regards to a UK company.
If they wanna try their luck they have no option but to come try round 2 of the UK courts again ;) would have thought Lord Grabiner and his team would have scared em away for life, because they got owned in the courts, hard.

Don
I assume that the ruling Judge Floyd gave yesterday gives them no choice but to have the case heard in the UK.

He ruled that the matter could only be heard in the UK and if they did not withraw their case by earlier today, they would be held in contempt.

Soldato
Have just read the complete statement from Hicks legal team - Says they are returning to the High Court in the UK for one reason only - to over-turn the ruling which states that their client has no legal right to pursue matters [over the clubs sale] in a foreign court.

-edit-

Hicks interview on SSN "soon".
Should be good lol

Preview - Hicks" Board are crooks and swindlers. We tried to pay RBS back, in full, many times today, but were refused by RBS. Liverpool fans think its over? well i have news for them, its definitely, not, over."

Last edited:
Soldato
My guess is, RBS rejected it because it was only going to make the club suffer much more.
Only way Hicks had money was a loan, more interest payments? and probably at higher rates then we were paying now.

Don't say that to many fans outside the 'big 4' either. "It can't get any worse" shows the arrogance of the fans of the big 4, it was about time something like this happened and I doubt it will be the end of it either. Welcome to our world.

With respects, their owners are no way near as bad as the cowboys.
Sure they have -some- debt, and dont make enough money as a club to compete financially with the big boys, but the club lives on.
We were probably months away, at best, from being completely out of money if Hicks and co had remained at the helm. And there's only one way the club's going from there.

-edit-
Been reading the comments from Dallasnews. Some guy there is like, pleading for someone to buy the Dallas Stars from Hicks, who is on the verge of losing this team as well due to unpaid loans (surprised anyone?)
And i thought, wouldn't it be hilarious if, when the team eventually goes to auction (its inevitable imo) that NESV ended up buying it :p just to rub salt and all that.

-edit 2-
Hicks on now ;) he looks like he's just been shot. Perfect.

Last edited:
Don
Caporegime
Hopefully people can explain it to me, but why the hell would any decent businessmen buy a football club?

Sink in 300 million for no return. Now they have no debt they will make what 55 million a year? Even if they take half that a year the fans will be whinging about being fleeced by people decent enough to clear the debt. Not only that they need a new ground, look at what that has done to arsenals spending, again that would have fans making youtube videos with more celeb scousers.

If this was the 80's or 90's I could see the point but anyone looking at the premiership these days can see not a lot of money will be made on the value of the club and the figures you have to sink into the team each year now the billionaires are playing at laundering money just doesn't make any financial sense that I can see.

Unless of course your going to use them to borrow against again.

So whats the point of these people sinking 300 million into a club that they really have no connection to?

Soldato
Something to spend money on? i guess.
If you can buy everything you want, and live comfortably and have huge savings already then what else are you going to do with your cash? not much point in banking it for the hell of it.

cannot believe he just blamed Rafa for 'wasting' his 'hard earned cash'.

Hard earned? yeah, it was really hard to sign your name at RBS.

Don
Hicks's interview is cringe worthy. Claims we've spent £150m net during his ownership :o

I think he's got his decimal point in the wrong place. A recent calculation worked it out at no more than ~£15m.

Soldato
Internet Terrorists :p haha.
Also - more crap.
"We had buyers with money equal to the owners at Manchester City, but they got scared off by the scaremongering of RBS about debt"
or something to that effect.

IF they have City's wealth, why would 200m debt scare them? seriously?

Don
I feel sorry for the fat ****. Look at him, he's certainly aged in the 3 and half years he's been with us. Near death hopefully :D

edit: and just in case anybody is mistaken; Hicks's 'it ain't over yet' and legal action could only be against RBS and the independent board members, not LFC and I'm almost certain he can't take action against NESV either.

Back
Top Bottom