Liverpool Takeover Thread

Don
If he didn't table a bid. And if it turns out to be true that Kenny Huang is out. Who's left. Wasn't there another group interested?
The only people that can answer you is the clubs board. All we can do is hope BarCap, Broughton and the rest of the board do there jobs and act in the best interests of the football club.

There are so many possibilities as to what's going on, it's not even worth speculating for now.

Caporegime
Try and think about it from a financial/business sense, if there wasn't any other REAL bids, then any businessman would cut their losses and run with any offer. Considering RBS can effectively sieze control in October, and there will be, afaik a 60mil loss come October if the loan isn't paid off(in full? or just a prearranged amount, like they have to reduce it by X amount to keep the bank happy?) any half sane businessman would have run with the money.

But likewise a truly super rich backer wouldn't you think, quibble over an extra 50mil to expedite things and get this deal done even if its distasteful to give H&G a bit more cash.

Considering supposedly the chinese backed bid still had to be officially proven to have backing and statements of intent just because someones rich doesn't mean they are willing to put money in or don't have other massive commitments, IE say the people backing the bid have 4billion to spend, but 3.9billion is in assets, buildings, other teams, investments and cash on hand is next to nothing, no one knows, it might not have been all as rosey as they hoped.

As I said though, H&G say there are other bids, RBS and other people must have people in on the bid, the banks will probably be in for a cut of any profits as part of an agreement to give them an extension on the plan, or a big payoff, so realistically everyone involved wants the richest and best bidder to win don't they, and if RBS have THAT much power in this situation and didn't force everyones hand to this bid I'd suggest, there are other GOOD bids, that are just as realistic, if not more so than Huang's.

Besides Huang SAYING how much money his backers have is there anything that suggests he'd be a better owner/frontman/bid to accept?

Of course, lastly, couldn't let it be....... didn't they have no choice but to accept :p

Don
Of course, lastly, couldn't let it be....... didn't they have no choice but to accept :p

Nobody knows for certain whether a bid has been made, let alone whether it's been rejected.

And if you're refering to G&H possibly rejecting any bid, they don't have the final say on the matter.

edit: and the rest of your post is a lot of nonsense too. To make things clear to you; bids are submitted to BarCap, they approve the bids and they and then sent to theboard to decide on which, if any, is accepted. G&H are on the board but they cannot block the sale if the other 3 vote in favour of a bid.

And as above, there's no official word as to whether Huang had submitted a formal bid (although it is widely reported) and there certainly isn't any indication that his bid was rejected. All that's being reported is that he's withdrawn his interest because he's unhappy at the speed of which negotiations are being carried out. It's still unclear who was backing his bid, whether it was a genuine bid and whether this withdrawal is for real or just a negotiation tactic.

Last edited:
Soldato
Considering RBS can effectively sieze control in October,

The current owners are still trying to find a bank who will take the debt on from RBS and allow them to refinance. Unfortunately its almost guaranteed they will find one idiot establishment which will do it for them the longer this drags on.

Associate
My guess is all the real bidders are waiting until October when RBS take control, no point trying to get G&H on your side with a bid slightly higher then everyone else when you can wait 1-2 months and buy it dirt cheap.

But I do fear G&H will hold on and find someone to refinance until the TV deal comes through and they can sell the rights to other countries, If we aren't sold before the year ends I will expect the worst when it comes to players leaving etc.

Associate
I have just read through the last two pages of the thread after I heard you guys talking about RBS seizing control of the club, so I could understand the situation a little more but I'm still a little unclear: (sorry for all the questions, probably no-one has answers anyway :p ).

I know that there is a penalty fee of a reported £60 mil owed to RBS by Hicks & Gillett if the debt is not repaid in full or refinanced by the deadline in October. If they fail to sell-up/re-finance by that date, RBS will apprehend that H&G will default on their loans, and thus install themselves as owners? Will they then try to sell the club on, or remain in charge long-term?

It seems likely to me that H&G will fail to sell the club before this deadline: the only incentive to a bidder to buy the club before the deadline is the ability to buy players in this transfer window. However with a week of that left, and with the most likely bidder Huang having distanced himself, it’s apparent that no such deal will be concluded in time, let alone any prospective transfer negotations. All bidders would now prefer to buy the club from RBS after H&G default?

Hicks & Gillett themselves now do not want to sell the club either because of the ability to sell Liverpool’s unsold TV rights abroad? Do we know where out of interest? Or indeed how much this could actually generate for the club? Would it be enough to enable them to remain as owners of the club, or are they merely hoping that it will allow them to sell the club in slightly more favourable circumstances at a later date?

So is it correct to assume that we are heading towards a big frenzy of action in October because it is in the personal interests of all the parties involved (excepting the players and manager of course) to wait until then?

I’m very confused!

Caporegime
OP
I think you will find (certainly from what I have read) that if RBS take ownership of LFC (regardless of if it's administration or not) we lose 9 points!!

If true that simply cannot happen. I'm trying to find where I read it, but I've read so many LFC forums since this debacle started I cannot find it.

Soldato
Its a grey area in the rules. No one really knows what would happen untill it happens, and if we do -9 pts then the club is likely to appeal as well.

Soldato
Surely it's not really any different to one of the changes of ownership that Portsmouth did last year? Bloke defaults on money he owes. Other bloke goes, "well I'll have that football club you own then." Done.

They weren't docked 9 points for that. They got that fine for the later actual administration.

Back
Top Bottom