Long time no see. Upgrade time.

Thanks !

I went digging earlier looking for the DDC mount for the case. Strange thing happened. The small one slots into the floor of the case. I know this 'cause I removed it because it looked gash just sat there. the other one appears to mount above it on the "rails". Very odd they give you two. Even stranger is the fact the larger one is alu, smaller one steel.

Kc4xDrs.jpg

So this is the ten pound flow meter.

L7HoZ1I.jpg

My mesh grilles came.

N0EOcrI.jpg

With adhesive strips it seems.

Funny how a £35 rad comes with these.

7wpnJRc.jpg

But a £100 one doesn't lol.

RYLMp5B.jpg

Yeah there is only one on each end. Odd.

Here this shows it better. The hole in the floor is from the smaller one.

98oHfSO.jpg

The larger one with the thumb screws should screw into the rail where the PSU shroud sits. Very odd !

Funny how a £35 rad comes with these.
But a £100 one doesn't lol.

You sure you didn't buy £35 worth of rad gaskets that came with a free rad?!

Sorry, missed the shout-out. Can probably mill it if necessary but it would be preferable if they can give you details of what, where and how much. Otherwise it's a case of trying to work out what interferes whilst not being able to see in - you're down to transfer compounds like blutac (for impressions - or lack thereof) or Stuart's Micrometer Blue for transferring a thin layer of non-drying 'paint'. Get the tube not the tin if you buy any of the latter!

It’s not a part problem. IE a component issue being in the wrong place. It’s not the block they say I need to machine but the billet cover.

I’ve mailed you a link to the thread I made here.

I am growing in confidence that this isn’t a 6900XT or 6950XT difference problem. I reckon Bitspower fluffed up the design and it may, where they want me to machine it, foul the PCIE slot on a motherboard. IE it stops you pushing the whole card into the slot.

So yea, a clearance issue rather than any big serious issue.

This was their first time like EK making this type of like, hyper car type CPU block and I think they got carried away :D

Whichever way you shake it that’s a £400 block with £100 fed ex on it for £220. If I have to make you angry at me for a short time and send me to Coventry it just may be worth it :D

I certainly ain’t going at it with a belt file lmfao.

Back
Top Bottom