Look what arrived today :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
Originally posted by castor troy
A sniper is the other i'm getting, just trying to figure out which scope to go for:D

Sniping isn't really a good thing.

The only useful sniper rifle are gas powered ones, and those are too powerful to be used on live targets.

AEG sniper rifles are the same as normal rifles, they just look different.

It might be best if you get something like an M4/AK47 and see how you like that first, both can be easily modified for the assault/support/sniper roles too.

Associate
Its a crazy hobbie this, but from your photos looks so damn fun. Do you play paint ball type games but in a more serious mannor?

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by player
Its a crazy hobbie this, but from your photos looks so damn fun. Do you play paint ball type games but in a more serious mannor?

Great fun.

Yeh, it is like paintball in one sense. But much more serious (still fun and a good laugh though). Also its played over a much larger playing field, not just in a smaller area like paintball. I play in a wood.

Heres a pretty terrible picture of me (don't laugh). I apolagise for the mess also, house is being redecorated.

Image014.jpg

Last edited:
Originally posted by Skully

The only useful sniper rifle are gas powered ones, and those are too powerful to be used on live targets.

It might be best if you get something like an M4/AK47 and see how you like that first, both can be easily modified for the assault/support/sniper roles too.

Ahh cool, i will amend my choice, cheers mate:)

Soldato
Great fun.

Yeh, it is like paintball in once sense. But much more serious (still fun and a good laugh though). Also its played over a much larger playign field, not just in a smaller area like paintball. I play in a wood.

Heres a pretty terrible picture of me (don't laugh). I apolagise for the mess also, house is being redecorated.

Image014.jpg
bowling for culombine anyone?
lmao
negative20.jpg

Kaz

Kaz

lmfao

:D thats cheered me up teeheeheeheehee

its the expression on your face that cracks me up :D :D :D

edit: must remember to send that one around work :D

Soldato
yea, ill post it in the funniest pic's thread lmao, thanks kid, u made my day :D

*EDIT* ah nooo , dont take the pic away i was going to email it to everyone i know :p

Associate

I'd have to disagree. Gas sniper rifles are difficult to maintain, fire with erratic power (due to temp differences) and are not as reliable as a good springer. The problem is, that a stock APS2 for example, is no better than a standard AEG. In order to make it count you have to upgrade just about everything.
Sniping can be very, very effective in the right hands. The squad where I play has some serious sniping talent and we've used it to good effect in the past.
Go with AEG to start and move into sniping if you wish later...

Permabanned
I want to start airsoft, i play pb at the moment. Can somone point me to a good website so i can read up on it and what the differences are between itr and pb.

Also a UK website to buy gear from would be cool.

I live down the road from walsal in Cannock, does anyone know of a local site?

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Unos
Can somone point me to a good website so i can read up on it and what the differences are between itr and pb.

What is Airsoft?

Airsoft is a sport that was developed by the Japanese in the late eighties to replace the popular sport of paintball, which had long been criticised for a lack of realism, high cost of the associated equipment (especially ammunition) and the potentially dangerous effects of the ammunition. Airsoft proposed an answer to all of these concerns:

Airsoft replica weapons are legally described as ‘toys’ and have been manufactured to closely resemble their real counterparts, both in size and weight, with most of them working on both singe shot and fully automatic using a simple piston driven by a battery powered electric motor.

The costs have been reduced dramatically by doing away with the complex air injected systems from C02 canisters, expensive pistons and seals that are used in paintball weapons to a mass produced, simple yet effective gearbox system. Paintballs can cost as much as £100 for 1,000 – whereas airsoft ammunition is mass produced and is considerably cheaper - e.g. 5,000 BB’s for £8.99

Due to the forces required to fire a 1’ diameter paintball, bruising is hence a common side affect from the impact. Airsoft BB’s are only 0.20G in weight and therefore the force required to fire them is considerably less, hence the effects of impact are negligible (an Airsoft BB will not break human skin even at close range).

Is it Dangerous?

When airsoft replica weapons are used properly under supervised conditions the answer is quite simply no. Of course common sense precautions such as eye protection are highly recommended and indeed most well run sites enforce this vigorously.

Can an airsoft replica weapon be converted into a real weapon?

Absolutely NOT!

Although they look the same as their original counterparts, they are produced as toys from either hard ABS plastics or mild metal alloys. Internal parts are not even remotely the same as real weapons and original gun parts cannot be made to fit.

Do I need a licence?

Airsoft has no licence requirements for ownership or use, however the Airsoft Armoury operates a responsible sales policy and will not sell any airsoft replica weapons or accessories to anyone who cannot prove that they are over 18years old or is unless accompanied by a responsible adult.

Where can I play?

There are more than 50 established airsoft gaming sites across the length and breadth of the United Kingdom and the number grows on a literally weekly basis.

For a full directory of gaming and skirmishing sites please look at the following link:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/beta/html/nukebrowser.php?filnavn=~fbothamley/Map3.htm

What is the cost?

Airsoft is vastly less expensive than paintball and once you have bought the basic equipment the running costs are then relatively cheap. Most people can get started in the sport of Airsoft for less than £250.00. At the Airsoft Armoury we offer a ‘starter pack’ containing all the essential equipment and accessories needed to start – just add your choice of AEG from our extensive range and you’re ready to skirmish!

Where can I meet other skirmishers?

Many enthusiastic skirmishers of all kinds populate the world of airsoft; both men and women from widely differing backgrounds and age groups take part. Some play just occasionally and have a passing interest, other more passionate skirmishers become totally immersed in the sport and take their hobby very seriously. Most are very friendly and are more than willing to welcome new players and help with questions to which they have in turn sought answers.

You can take part in debates, share views, ask questions and receive lots of helpful information and the very latest news and reviews on the following link:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/ Breaking news / views

http://www.ukairsoft.net/ Airsoft world discussion

What is the future for airsoft?

The future is bright:

- Airsoft is probably the fastest growing sport in the UK and Europe at this time, and the number of regular players is widely expected to quadruple in the next 2 years alone.

- As described above, airsoft replica guns are harmless and, when used properly, offer youngsters in particular a clean, healthy outdoor alternative to ‘video games’ and toys that require no physical input.

- There is no reason to suspect that the government will impose a ban or legislative restrictions on airsoft, the sport is well established and participants are in the main responsible and aware.

- With the help of retailers such as ourselves, airsoft will be taken from the slightly hidden community that it currently resides in, to a major presence within the non-shooting community and corporate entertainment arena’s.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/

Can read lots there.

www.zerooneairsoft.com - where I got my rifle from

www.airsoftdynamics.com - where I got my pistol from

www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk - one of the cheaper shops.

Associate
Originally posted by Unos
I want to start airsoft, i play pb at the moment. Can somone point me to a good website so i can read up on it and what the differences are between itr and pb.

I live down the road from walsal in Cannock, does anyone know of a local site?

If you live near Cannock theres a shop very near you called Airsoft Armoury. I'm sure if you nipped in they'd be happy to help you :). Fireball would probably the closest one for you, which is the one me and skully go to www.fireballsquadron.com.

Associate
Originally posted by HN-1
is it possible to get rifles with them brass BB holders for under £150?

PS: these are 3 of the guns i'm thinking of buying

clickeh

clickeh again

clickeh!

NOOOOOOOO DON'T GET THE SPRING G3!! Its all plastic and you have to **** it every time to fire a shot :p;
No point in getting the VSR10 realshock either as the GSPEC is an upgraded version of that, and thus better.

Last edited:
Suspended
the only difference i can see between the pro sniper and real shock is
pro sniper "
Modelled after the Remington M700 series, the Pro-Sniper verion comes with glassfibre enforced matt black stock, and internally tuned to minimise firing noise and vibration"

Real shock "Modelled after the Remington M700 series, the Real Shock verion comes with glassfibre enforced wood effect stock, and an internal gimmick which emulates recoil."

i dont want any gas,electric guns either, to much hassle
PS: it wont be used for skirmishing, just target shooting

and you have to **** it every time to fire a shot

thats what i want :p

Last edited:
Associate
Originally posted by HN-1
the only difference i can see between the pro sniper and real shock is
pro sniper "
Modelled after the Remington M700 series, the Pro-Sniper verion comes with glassfibre enforced matt black stock, and internally tuned to minimise firing noise and vibration"

Real shock "Modelled after the Remington M700 series, the Real Shock verion comes with glassfibre enforced wood effect stock, and an internal gimmick which emulates recoil."

i dont want any gas,electric guns either, to much hassle
PS: it wont be used for skirmishing, just target shooting

With the real shock version you dont get a scope rail with it, you have to buy that seperatly, you dont get sling swivels with it and the bolt handle is worse (making it slightly harder to ****)

thats what i want

Its plastic and horrible. Its feels cheap and flimsy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom