Look what arrived today :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspended
whats a swing swivel? :p

i'm not bothered about having to spend £25 or so for a scope mount though, because i would much rather have the wooden one :p

whats wrong with the bolt handle?

Its plastic and horrible. Its feels cheap and flimsy

i dont mean thats the gun i want, well i do want it :p

what i meant though was, i want a single action gun (cocking it for each shot)

Associate
Originally posted by HN-1
whats a swing swivel? :p

i'm not bothered about having to spend £25 or so for a scope mount though, because i would much rather have the wooden one :p

whats wrong with the bolt handle?

A sling swivel is what you attach a sling too :p.

You know thats fake wood right? Its all plastic. I don't know, I've never used one, I'm just going by what is said on AD.

Suspended
Originally posted by Shotgun_ned
A sling swivel is what you attach a sling too :p.

You know thats fake wood right? Its all plastic. I don't know, I've never used one, I'm just going by what is said on AD.

i dont need a sling because i will only be using it at home :p

i know its not real wood, says so on the website "the Real Shock verion comes with glassfibre enforced wood" :p still looks nicer though, lol

so apart from having no sling swivel (which i dont need) and no scope mount (which i dont mind buying) its the same??

whats wrong with the bolt handle on it then,
is it stiff? or breaks easily etc

Associate
i dont need a sling because i will only be using it at home :p

i know its not real wood, says so on the website "the Real Shock verion comes with glassfibre enforced wood" :p still looks nicer though, lol

so apart from having no sling swivel (which i dont need) and no scope mount (which i dont mind buying) its the same??

whats wrong with the bolt handle on it then,
is it stiff? or breaks easily etc

Like I said, I'm not sure I've never used one, I'm just going by what it says on AD.

Suspended
on the airsoft dynamics site
they both say
"Metal trigger unit comes with adjustable trigger pull and stroke.
The bolt action is very smooth with what they call "cylinder support ring", which they have applied for patent."

so they both have the same surely?

Associate
on the airsoft dynamics site
they both say
"Metal trigger unit comes with adjustable trigger pull and stroke.
The bolt action is very smooth with what they call "cylinder support ring", which they have applied for patent."

so they both have the same surely?

This G-Spec model features several modifications to the original Pro Sniper version.
The aluminium die-cast bull outer barrel is shortened and can be used with or without the supplied suppressor.
Bolt handle has been re-designed to facilitate faster cocking.
Scope mount base and sling swivels are already included.

Suspended
cant see that bit on there anywhere :p

edit: ah i thought the pro sniper was the Gspec thing

just found the gspec, thats not an option, to much money :p

Last edited:
Associate
cant see that bit on there anywhere :p

edit: ah i thought the pro sniper was the Gspec thing

just found the gspec, thats not an option, to much money :p

I really should learn to read...I just looked at the pictures quickly and it looked like a GSPEC :(.

Suspended
Originally posted by Shotgun_ned
I really should learn to read...I just looked at the pictures quickly and it looked like a GSPEC :(.

lol:p

does anyone have any idea where to get blank firing guns?
and also what ones are illegal etc

Last edited:
Suspended
ok i've found some for like £90,
thats seems pretty reasonable, they are normal handguns
not revolvers

could feek or anyone give me some infomation on the laws of blank firing guns please? , i've been googling all night but not found any up to date laws :(

Soldato
Does anywhere in the UK sell an airsoft P90. Just love the look of them in Stargate :D

*edit* Its ok, i looked at the links earlier in the thread and they sell them. At £200 plus though i think i'll give it a miss for the moment.

Last edited:
Associate
lol:p

does anyone have any idea where to get blank firing guns?
and also what ones are illegal etc

You know I had a search around too but couldn't find much of use either!!
What I 'gather' is that there is a government proposal to ban replica's that could possibly be converted to fire real bullets and all the manufacturers of blank firers must submit them to the home office for approval at the moment.
I had an idea that guns where the gases and flame are expelled from the barrel in the usual way, i.e. from the front, were illegal. I'm not 100% on that but this link confirms that guns that expel the said gases from the top or side are certainly legal...

http://www.liveactionfx.freeserve.co.uk/weapons.htm

However, I've no idea how current all this info is, so, really, its not very good tbh!
Probably the best bet is to ask your local police stations firearms officer...

Soldato
A couple of questions, firstly whats the average age of the majority of people who attend these airsoft meets? and secondly how physical are these days?

Reason I ask is I'm looking for a new hobby that will give me some regular exercise, I find the gym and most non-motor sports extremely boring but this looks like it could be good fun.

I've done a fair bit of paintballing and thats normally healthy knackering fun but I think thats due to me and my mates running round like homicidal maniacs. :D

Soldato
OP
Average age I'd say 25.

Obviously there are the extremes, got some people aged 14 all the way to 50 odd at ours.

Very physical, you will be tired.

Associate
I am guessing that most of the guns used are fairly accurate. I say this as one of the things that really annoyed me about paintballing was keep the gun absolutely still and the paint balls just dont really go near enough to each other when firing.

So are they more accurate then, what sort of groupings do you get at say 25 yards - is it air rifle standard or way way off?

I bet the trajectory is a lot flatter as well being as they are diddy light balls.

If I were to get a sniper version what would be the best to use.
Are you allowed more than one gun at these places (i.e. a mp5 for close range a a sniper for long distance)?

cheers,
oneilldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom