Looking to build for msfs2020

Associate
OP
how much do you have now? it's worth following ocuk prices and weekly sales, to pick up something cheaper in the meantime, like if a gpu comes on sale
£1400 saved over 2 years so If i need to hang on i will as a month or two wont make much differance, also bearing in mind i need everything except op system which i hope to pick up elsewhere.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Last edited:
Associate
just saw this on someone else's build and looks pretty good, but i would want to change out the case for a white one
yup, not much difference from what I put earlier...same mobo/cpu/gpu which is the main thing.....only diff really is swapping 850w corsair psu for the 750w seasonic one..both great psu with 10yrs warranty..£10 diff so up to you if you want 750w or 850w..and ram is non rgb(don't know if you care and 6000c38...I'd still wait for the 6000c30 for £109...better timings and people like rgb, so prob sell well down the line come upgrade time...they do white ram as well for same price if your looking at the white case
I like the case...decent value withthe fans etc..no rubber gromets or anything, but can't argue with price. They do the open style design also, will put below
same with the ssd...bit slow compared to more modern gen4 drives with lower endurance, but your saving £20 and more than up to the job
as a decent air cooler, I'd look at the arctic a36 argb freezer...both black and white back down to launch price at £22/£23 making them good value and more than good enough for the 7800x3d

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £275.96 (includes delivery: £15.99)​

Man of Honour
Associate
just remember you don't get the aio cooler so no fans in the top of either of the case designs...

gives you an idea of the case, though below is the xt view rather than xt pro...but for for what to expect...

and aio coolers...few there including dual towers

Associate
Don't buy a white case, you'll end up wanting to pay the white tax for everything.
:cry::cry:
think white sale is on at mo..
Case same or £10 cheaper in white
Ram same price with teamgroup delta rgb 6000c30
you can get the rm750 in white for £108 or rm850 for £125..you'd need to buy the cable for the 4070super though or you'll be left with the nvidia dongle...or there's the rm750x shift in white for £135 with cable inside and atx3.0...a bit more palatable than the phanteks at £170
just the gpu then.....found the gigabyte rtx 4070 super eagle OC ice(white version triple fan) for £589.99...nice looking gpu actually(my first look)

Associate
in fact same place that has the gpu will pair it with the msi mag A850GL white psu for £99.95...just to be clear though, the seasonic gx and corsair rmx series are better psu's with 10years warranty..the msi is more their entry level and mid tier, with 5yrs warranty I think, but neither the 4070super or the 7800x3d are massive power hogs, so s/b more than up to the task(if trying to save some cash)

Associate
OP

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Associate
OP
If you have to save up for another couple of months you would be crazy to buy a Ryzen 7000 series when the new and improved 9000 series will be so close. Your current pc will handle 1080p so I would be waiting for the new cpu's and motherboards.
Thanks for the reply, My old pc Is not playing up Ie: not always being able to turn it off, starting to happen more and more, when would the new 9000 series come out then and i take It would be quite abit higher in price? Thanks Anthony

Associate
OP
Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the reply, My old pc Is not playing up Ie: not always being able to turn it off, starting to happen more and more, when would the new 9000 series come out then and i take It would be quite abit higher in price? Thanks Anthony
the new cpu arrive 31st jul from rumours, though not the 9800x3d..they haven't said when that will b4e, a few months later at a guess. thery've already said though at computex than the non x3d cpu's probably wont beat the 7800x3d for gaming, though will be close...guessing similar to the 7600x and the 5800x3d...downside is prices aren't release yet. they've said they wont increase prices compared to the 7000 series but you have to remember the 7600x was released at close to £300 and the 7800x3d was £450 at launch....so that's a lot of leeway in possible pricing
The motherboards wont be realeased till later in the year...they'll have usb4 on them, and aparently they'll be able to run higher ram speeds (I wouldn't be waiting for new mobo's personally), but that could also be down to the cpu's..up to you to wait for embargo on reviews and see what pricing will be...close enough that you could buy other parts though....that ram always runs out of stock for example and seems to take 6 weeks to come back into stock

edit: though you want the x3d cpu for flight sim, so you'll have to wait a bit longer for that

I'd be tempted to save £80 on the triple card 4070super, get something like below instead (though do like triple cards gpu's, but that's a big price jump for effectively the same performance). I'd say put the money towards a 2tb drive, but if it really just Flightsim you want to play, no point really

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £539.99 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
the new cpu arrive 31st jul from rumours, though not the 9800x3d..they haven't said when that will b4e, a few months later at a guess. thery've already said though at computex than the non x3d cpu's probably wont beat the 7800x3d for gaming, though will be close...guessing similar to the 7600x and the 5800x3d...downside is prices aren't release yet. they've said they wont increase prices compared to the 7000 series but you have to remember the 7600x was released at close to £300 and the 7800x3d was £450 at launch....so that's a lot of leeway in possible pricing
The motherboards wont be realeased till later in the year...they'll have usb4 on them, and aparently they'll be able to run higher ram speeds (I wouldn't be waiting for new mobo's personally), but that could also be down to the cpu's..up to you to wait for embargo on reviews and see what pricing will be...close enough that you could buy other parts though....that ram always runs out of stock for example and seems to take 6 weeks to come back into stock

edit: though you want the x3d cpu for flight sim, so you'll have to wait a bit longer for that

I'd be tempted to save £80 on the triple card 4070super, get something like below instead (though do like triple cards gpu's, but that's a big price jump for effectively the same performance). I'd say put the money towards a 2tb drive, but if it really just Flightsim you want to play, no point really

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £539.99 (includes delivery: £0.00)​
Hi Craig,
Thanks for the info yes It's mainly for flight sim maybe the odd game nothing too quick as i'm not as quick nowdays yes but makes sense for 2tb and that card.

Man of Honour
this is what i'd get:

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,531.87 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

360mm aio up top just for the aesthetics more than anything else :)

the only "upgrade" i'd advise is the 4070ti super, rather than the non-super version...purely because of the vram upgrade (16gb on the 4070ti super, vs 12gb on the vanilla 4070 ti)
if you need to, then skip the aio cooler and drop the ssd to 1tb to free up some budget.

Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom