Looking to build for msfs2020

Associate
OP
this is what i'd get:

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,531.87 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

360mm aio up top just for the aesthetics more than anything else :)

the only "upgrade" i'd advise is the 4070ti super, rather than the non-super version...purely because of the vram upgrade (16gb on the 4070ti super, vs 12gb on the vanilla 4070 ti)
if you need to, then skip the aio cooler and drop the ssd to 1tb to free up some budget.
will that cooler fit the AMD 7 7800x3d ok Tamzzy ?

Associate
OP
Hi all which is the best place to ask a few questions on plugging in my motherboard please, i have a couple of connections i'm not sure what goes in the space.
also i ended up buying the Corsair RM850x Shift and not the GX-750.

Thank you.

Associate
https://imgur.com/jCEQgdP
This was already attached to the new case which i believe is for a fan so i would plug into a cha_fan socket ?
https://imgur.com/ED9KP7w
Is a power connector but i dont seem to have one that fits them
https://imgur.com/vA5u7pQ
main over view off board
last photo you have a cable sticking out from the back touching one of the fans of the aio at the top that has cpu labelled on the side of it(the one with 8 holes 4x2)...that plugs into the top left of the board in the 2nd pic to the right side...ie the 4x2 8 pin socket...ignore the 2x2 socket
the 1st photo looks like an addressable argb plug to me...you can put that in the top right of the board..there's 2 argb pin sets there...labellelled ADD_gen 2_1 and Add_gen 2_2 in top right, or ADD_gen 3_3 bottom
Someone might want to double check me here, just in case I'm seeing this wrong

by way which way are the fans orientated on the case with the 2 side fans? if you see the full fans, they're orientated as exhaust...if you've got an aio in the roof now, you probably want to flip those over so you see the back of them, then they'll be intake, and the fans of you aio will be exhausting out top thru the aio

Associate
OP
last photo you have a cable sticking out from the back touching one of the fans of the aio at the top that has cpu labelled on the side of it(the one with 8 holes 4x2)...that plugs into the top left of the board in the 2nd pic to the right side...ie the 4x2 8 pin socket...ignore the 2x2 socket
the 1st photo looks like an addressable argb plug to me...you can put that in the top right of the board..there's 2 argb pin sets there...labellelled ADD_gen 2_1 and Add_gen 2_2 in top right, or ADD_gen 3_3 bottom
Someone might want to double check me here, just in case I'm seeing this wrong

by way which way are the fans orientated on the case with the 2 side fans? if you see the full fans, they're orientated as exhaust...if you've got an aio in the roof now, you probably want to flip those over so you see the back of them, then they'll be intake, and the fans of you aio will be exhausting out top thru the aio
Nice one Craig, first time building my own so slowly learning and asking, yes that cable touching is the fan is the one that i need to pop in the 4x2,it was just pushed through, the argb i will place in one of those thanks, i will check the fans and flip over
https://imgur.com/a/MPgCqFn
that is fans on front at moment so i'll turn them round other way?

Man of Honour
the argb i will place in one of those thanks

It does look like an ARGB plug, but what does it come from? It is best to check because RGB isn't standardised and you can fry stuff if you get it wrong, whereas almost everything else is keyed so you can't plug it in wrong.

Associate
OP
It does look like an ARGB plug, but what does it come from? It is best to check because RGB isn't standardised and you can fry stuff if you get it wrong, whereas almost everything else is keyed so you can't plug it in wrong.
ok i'll try and chase it to source, wish they would make the manuals better to read i'm using a magnifying glass and still can't see it great lol.

Associate
the case has an rgb strip on it doesn't it...trying to see if it's from that or do fans plug into a fan hub

and below a build with the tuf board too...just watching it...hopefulkly find out in a bit

Associate
he doesn't show it, but before he puts power supply in, he plugs in a rgb plug in the bottom from the case...8min 20 in, so guessing it is the rgb...and yeah, from his unpacking, I'd swap the orientation of the fans to bring air in, otherwise all of them will be exhausting, and you'll have massive negative pressure in the case. it wont look as nice though...either that or leave it as see how it is...seems to be a lot of mesh on bottom so air will be drawn in..can become a bit of a dust magnet though that way...don't know what the filters are like etc...maybe just try and get t up and running 1st before messing with airflow direction etc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom