Looking to build for msfs2020

the case has an rgb strip on it doesn't it...trying to see if it's from that or do fans plug into a fan hub

and below a build with the tuf board too...just watching it...hopefulkly find out in a bit

Thanks for that link, shame he does not show too much what he's doing for a novice, could have done with him slowing down and a few zooms :D

he doesn't show it, but before he puts power supply in, he plugs in a rgb plug in the bottom from the case...8min 20 in, so guessing it is the rgb...and yeah, from his unpacking, I'd swap the orientation of the fans to bring air in, otherwise all of them will be exhausting, and you'll have massive negative pressure in the case. it wont look as nice though...either that or leave it as see how it is...seems to be a lot of mesh on bottom so air will be drawn in..can become a bit of a dust magnet though that way...don't know what the filters are like etc...maybe just try and get t up and running 1st before messing with airflow direction etc
The picture i posted has the front 3 fans pulling air into the case or am i looking at it wrong?
Looking from the front in

One last thing do i need to have my power supply fan facing down or up into the case, not sure which is best?.
Does the case have a bottom vent (assuming the PSU is bottom-mounted)? If it doesn't then you want it facing up. Some PSUs also specifically state in the manual which orientation you should use if the hybrid/zero-rpm mode is enabled.

One last thing do i need to have my power supply fan facing down or up into the case, not sure which is best?.
The case has a mesh bottom with a dust filter by the look(def has holes in the bottom for where the psu will sit) so you'll want the fan facing down drawning in clean air from outside the case. You'll need it that orientation also as you have the rm850x shift you said, so putting it that way will have all the connector facing out the rear side of the case. If you put it the other way the connectors would be facing the front side of the case and you wouldn't be able to plug any of the cables in. Having the connections on the side of the psu means you can actually add and swap out cables etc while the psu is all screwed in..makes life fairly easy compared to out the back, where generally you do an the pluggingin before you fit the psu, otherwise you cant really see what you're doing

You just need to hit the F1 button on the keyboard you have plugged in, it should let you configure the bios so you can move on to installing Windows.

Sucess I have built my first ever pc with help from this great group,

Now list of things i think i migh have to do,

Update my bois ? (took me over a hour to get back in as it boots up very fast)
update grapichs card ?
anything i have missed ?

Thanks
Anthony

Sucess I have built my first ever pc with help from this great group,

Now list of things i think i migh have to do,

Update my bois ? (took me over a hour to get back in as it boots up very fast)
update grapichs card ?
anything i have missed ?

Thanks
Anthony
Which bios are you running?

Things I downloaded.
Hwinfo . With that you can monitor your pc, che k temps etc..good one to look at is the voltage going through your cpu..newer bios capped mine at 1 24v if I remember right...older bios was over 1.3v which is what caused the problem of some x3d cpu's getting fried
One would hope being much later the bios on the board would at least come with a revised bios for that
I also downloaded cinebench r23..don't remember exact as at work ...run to stress test ..should get a reading and show how your pc performing etc

The latest nvidia software is a step up compared to the old stuff

Check your drivers are up to date etc and that they're all installed..you can get those off asus website when you search for your mobo

Have you enabled expo for ram?

Back
Top Bottom