LOST

It was all the hype back in the day but i think the 2nd or 3rd watch through does reward the viewer with some particular easter eggs that are often overlooked as not explained. Also watching in a binge format also helps with not forgetting specific plot points.

Last edited:
I remember thinking the first season was the best thing ever. When the hatch lights up at the end of season 1 was a geneuine goosebumps moment as was the first episode of season 2.

Looking back though its aged very badly, really dodgy acting and dialogues, even the first season or two. It’s a reminder of how low budget most TV shows were relative to today’s standards. It was one of the last big shows before the modern era of streaming begun and lots of very high quality tv shows (in terms of production) started popping up.

I remember thinking the first season was the best thing ever. When the hatch lights up at the end of season 1 was a geneuine goosebumps moment as was the first episode of season 2.

Looking back though its aged very badly, really dodgy acting and dialogues, even the first season or two. It’s a reminder of how low budget most TV shows were relative to today’s standards. It was one of the last big shows before the modern era of streaming begun and lots of very high quality tv shows (in terms of production) started popping up.

Just to point out that the Pilot of lost was (at the time) the most expensive TV network pilots ever made ($14 million) and remains top 5 to this day.

The per episode budget was $6 million.

Lost was not a "low budget" show but was made a time that CGI was used sparingly, hence why things like the smoke monster looks a bit naff in early seasons.

The good thing about Lost is that it allows me to get my mind in that place where I can get really frothy and angsty about hating on a show, so I can feel what it must feel like for those who go on about shows like The Acolyte and Rings of Power, which for whatever reason I am ambivalent towards. So it coming back is doing a good service in that regard, cos I seriously absolutely hate the way this show ended, much froth and pram toy throwing, hating on the writers etc. Feels great tbh. I won't go on about it too much though. :D

Just to point out that the Pilot of lost was (at the time) the most expensive TV network pilots ever made ($14 million) and remains top 5 to this day.

The per episode budget was $6 million.

Lost was not a "low budget" show but was made a time that CGI was used sparingly, hence why things like the smoke monster looks a bit naff in early seasons.

Crazy.

It feels VERY low budget when you watch it back, not just the visual FX, but the entire production. Something about the way its shot made it look a bit 'soap opera'. Even back then you had shows like Sopranos and Band of Brothers that looked expensive, this show always looked cheap to me although I can imagine the logistics of it might have played a part in the high costs.

Last edited:
Lost released shortly before I went travelling for a year, and I saw it sporadically at the time.

This thread prompted me to rewatch. I'm currently a few episodes into Season 3 where Jack, Kate and Sawyer have been captured by The Others. Enjoying it so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom