• Yes V6 FE Manual - 5k paid

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Yes V6 FE Auto - 5k paid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes i4 DCT FE - 2k paid

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Still thinking about and NO deposit paid

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • 2k Deposit paid but making no decisions yet, holding out.

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
OcUK Staff
Exige values.

I am tempted to maybe try an Exige, thinking something like a 410 20th Edition, can get into them for around 70-75k. As they are quite new cars there is not much history on them but the current market and the death of the Exige will no doubt be bolstering values.

Where do people with more knowledge of Lotus feel the values of stuff like a 410 20th Edition will be in 9-12 months time?

I am contemplating buying one, then when Emira drops to either sell it for the Emira, or keep the Exige and flip the Emira if Emira values and demand seems good enough for that.

Dealership I have found a car at have guaranteed a future trade value of £58,000 on an Exige 410 20th Edition which they want 72k for, so 14k is a big hit but of course that is the minimum and just them protecting themselves, if values hold or move up it could be worth close to what I paid trade.

I have no knowledge of Lotus so just curious as to those with more knowledge where they see Exige values going, is a 410 20th Edition a good car to go for for low 70k area?

Soldato
Exige values.

I am tempted to maybe try an Exige, thinking something like a 410 20th Edition, can get into them for around 70-75k. As they are quite new cars there is not much history on them but the current market and the death of the Exige will no doubt be bolstering values.

Where do people with more knowledge of Lotus feel the values of stuff like a 410 20th Edition will be in 9-12 months time?

I am contemplating buying one, then when Emira drops to either sell it for the Emira, or keep the Exige and flip the Emira if Emira values and demand seems good enough for that.

Dealership I have found a car at have guaranteed a future trade value of £58,000 on an Exige 410 20th Edition which they want 72k for, so 14k is a big hit but of course that is the minimum and just them protecting themselves, if values hold or move up it could be worth close to what I paid trade.

I have no knowledge of Lotus so just curious as to those with more knowledge where they see Exige values going, is a 410 20th Edition a good car to go for for low 70k area?

As with the whole market atm, it's hard to tell. 410 Sport were easily available around 60k only a year ago, 380 sports 50-55. I would say in general that the Exige is falling into long term owner hands so you'll see less and less up for sale which will help values. The Emira won't change that it's a very different car.

If I had to guess the biggest drop for you will be dealer margin, not proper value especially in 12 months. If you could buy private and sell private I don't think you'd lose a penny. But I'd also say I don't think you'll want to get out of it for the Emira :p, you have a gap in your collection for a track car (imo) which the Exige does better than the Emira anyway.

OcUK Staff
As with the whole market atm, it's hard to tell. 410 Sport were easily available around 60k only a year ago, 380 sports 50-55. I would say in general that the Exige is falling into long term owner hands so you'll see less and less up for sale which will help values. The Emira won't change that it's a very different car.

If I had to guess the biggest drop for you will be dealer margin, not proper value especially in 12 months. If you could buy private and sell private I don't think you'd lose a penny. But I'd also say I don't think you'll want to get out of it for the Emira :p, you have a gap in your collection for a track car (imo) which the Exige does better than the Emira anyway.

It is why I am considering one, the Exige offers something none of my other cars do, raw as your gonna get, proper track tool. I'd be happy to pay 73k and get 68-70k for it if I moved it on in around a year, but I'd be pretty upset if I moved it on and it cost me over 10k. Of course when my Emira comes I will then decide keep Exige or sell Emira, if I keep Exige then if its worth 60k or 80k don't really matter, its more about if I can get back what the Emira owes me, circa 79k if selling early on.

I like the 410 as its solid power, its got all the right carbon bits, its ORANGE :D and has as nice of an interior as an Exige will get, carpets, sound insulation, DAB radio, cruise etc.

Soldato
It is why I am considering one, the Exige offers something none of my other cars do, raw as your gonna get, proper track tool. I'd be happy to pay 73k and get 68-70k for it if I moved it on in around a year, but I'd be pretty upset if I moved it on and it cost me over 10k. Of course when my Emira comes I will then decide keep Exige or sell Emira, if I keep Exige then if its worth 60k or 80k don't really matter, its more about if I can get back what the Emira owes me, circa 79k if selling early on.

I like the 410 as its solid power, its got all the right carbon bits, its ORANGE :D and has as nice of an interior as an Exige will get, carpets, sound insulation, DAB radio, cruise etc.
If that's trade to trade then you'll use it no matter what. 72k car will have probably 10-14k of margin in it so if you p/x you'll be swallowing that.

I still think you should get one as no way you'll want rid in a year regardless :D. Also I go with Lotus On Track and the 4C to Donington last couple years, and it will be perfect for that ;).

OcUK Staff
If that's trade to trade then you'll use it no matter what. 72k car will have probably 10-14k of margin in it so if you p/x you'll be swallowing that.

I still think you should get one as no way you'll want rid in a year regardless :D. Also I go with Lotus On Track and the 4C to Donington last couple years, and it will be perfect for that ;).

Well I am looking at this one:
https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12407824

Guaranteed value in one year with 5000 miles total, £58,000 trade minimum. So could be worth more as a trade in, of course I can take this car outright so I own it then when Emira comes use this car against it or just buy the Emira as well, but then sell one of them privately.

The other car I spotted:
https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12421531

Got the 460 power pack, but its originally a 350, but only 2k miles which seems a shame to do all that work and then only drive it for 1000 miles and sell it.

Looking at the two cars makes me think are the 350 really worth so much less than a 410 even though this one has the power addressed though looking at engine bay its clear to see its the older charge cooler design. Not sure about the green, the orange colour wise is stunning as its the metallic heritage orange.

Soldato
Looking at the two cars makes me think are the 350 really worth so much less than a 410 even though this one has the power addressed though looking at engine bay its clear to see its the older charge cooler design. Not sure about the green, the orange colour wise is stunning as its the metallic heritage orange.

The charge cooler on the 350 is an aftermarket one from Komotec which is why it looks different. 350's and 380's don't come with charge cooling from the factory

Soldato
Well I am looking at this one:
https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12407824

Guaranteed value in one year with 5000 miles total, £58,000 trade minimum. So could be worth more as a trade in, of course I can take this car outright so I own it then when Emira comes use this car against it or just buy the Emira as well, but then sell one of them privately.

The other car I spotted:
https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12421531

Got the 460 power pack, but its originally a 350, but only 2k miles which seems a shame to do all that work and then only drive it for 1000 miles and sell it.

Just want to experience an Exige for a year ish while waiting for the Emira? Orange one. Want a track toy to fettle and use for potentially many years to come, green one. IMO. My gut feeling is you'd prefer the orange car as it has a few nicer bits on it and the newer dash.

Soldato

I think all of the "old" Exiges and Elises are being snapped up by collectors and people who plan to keep them forever now. There are hardly any for sale these days.

Newer cars will probably still depreciate a bit though.

Soldato
I think all of the "old" Exiges and Elises are being snapped up by collectors and people who plan to keep them forever now. There are hardly any for sale these days.

Newer cars will probably still depreciate a bit though.
Yeah if I was in the position to buy a 'forever' track car, an S2 Exige 240/260 with roof scoop would be an absolute dream :cool:

Soldato
Yea but those roof scoops actually functioned :D

And also S1s in good condition are probably the most sought after. Even the standard 118hp ones are going up in value quicker than the others.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Its not about making money for me, just at same time don't want to lose money, or at least limit the losses.

S1 and S2 don't do it for me, the S3 is the car I want, if I can limit any loss to around £5000 would be fine, £10,000 is a bit of hit but I need to buy something I enjoy driving. Going to test drive an Exige this week, if I like it then there is a good chance I will buy that 410 or one like it, I do like the 20th Edition as they seem to come with a lot more stuff as standard compared to regular 410 where the extras were optional extras.

Soldato
The Cup 380 is considered the best value I think. It had most of the extra bits (and I think the same supercharger as the higher powered ones) but not so expensive and not much slower.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
The Cup 380 is considered the best value I think. It had most of the extra bits (and I think the same supercharger as the higher powered ones) but not so expensive and not much slower.

I think the 380 looks the best, the canards are really cool. But from looking at engine bay pictures it has the older SC or different charge cooler I think and they tend to be around 65-70k now, so to me a 410 seems better value as still got pretty much 3yr warranty and 3yr service pack on the 2020 onwards cars whereas a 380 will fall short been slightly older. Other advantage of a 410 is a simple remap takes them to 430, whereas I think the 380 needs hardware changes to go any further, but not 100% sure on that.

Soldato
Roof scoops becoming the corner sofa and Gucci belt of the car world.

This is a fact.
Funny you say that; Tavarish has just posted a picture of him butchering his McLaren and fitting a piece of drainpipe (actually aircraft grade aluminium but whatever, hyperbole is fun) to retrofit a roof scoop.

OcUK Staff
Funny you say that; Tavarish has just posted a picture of him butchering his McLaren and fitting a piece of drainpipe (actually aircraft grade aluminium but whatever, hyperbole is fun) to retrofit a roof scoop.

MSO offered roof scoops on some of the Mclaren models, the 600LT I drove had the MSO roof scoop, gives like old school turbo rush sounds, not sure if it was ever an option in production models as this was a pre-production model the engineers were driving and testing. Kind of cool though, but its not something I'd particular look for or care about if it had it or not.

Soldato
I think the 380 looks the best, the canards are really cool. But from looking at engine bay pictures it has the older SC or different charge cooler I think and they tend to be around 65-70k now, so to me a 410 seems better value as still got pretty much 3yr warranty and 3yr service pack on the 2020 onwards cars whereas a 380 will fall short been slightly older. Other advantage of a 410 is a simple remap takes them to 430, whereas I think the 380 needs hardware changes to go any further, but not 100% sure on that.

Yep some of the older specs (goes for the Elise too) had higher downforce. That was killed off with emissions regulations updates afaik (in the case of the Elise anyway).

Soldato
MSO offered roof scoops on some of the Mclaren models, the 600LT I drove had the MSO roof scoop, gives like old school turbo rush sounds, not sure if it was ever an option in production models as this was a pre-production model the engineers were driving and testing. Kind of cool though, but its not something I'd particular look for or care about if it had it or not.
Something bonkers like a 60k option iirc. Apparently he has pictures of an MSO car to go from.

Soldato

The 380 doesn't have a charge cooler it just the supercharge mounted straight to the intake. 410, 430 and the final editions are the only ones that do.

Back
Top Bottom