• Yes V6 FE Manual - 5k paid

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Yes V6 FE Auto - 5k paid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes i4 DCT FE - 2k paid

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Still thinking about and NO deposit paid

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • 2k Deposit paid but making no decisions yet, holding out.

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
OcUK Staff
I think the Exige will hold it's value better than the Emira. There will never be another road car like that again, not with EVs.

Also there will be more Emiras around eventually, Exiges are rare.

Yes the Emira will be a case of move it quick to get back what paid or some overs. I think from rumours and whispers they have now sold around two years worth of production on Emira and as its early days at this rate it looks to be extremely popular and I forsee the 4 pot 60k car been very popular. I think any overs potential will only be on first deliveries in the first six months as once upto speed were gonna start seeing plenty on the roads due to how affordable it is for what looks like a supercar.

Man of Honour
I could not live with the high driving position, for me it ruined the experience but that is purely a me thing. As a fun car it was exceptional, rapid, nicely put together and looked really good. I wanted so much to like the car but I just struggled with my long upper body getting comfy in it. I spoke to people who own them about seating positions and options to lower and though they are there (carbon seats, lowering brackets) you don't have a lot of room to play with. But I really enjoyed driving the one I borrowed, put a smile on my face and think it would be a cracking car to own if you have other cars.

You need a 1 in 1 out policy or a bigger storage area my friend :)

To add I think the car I was looking at was up around 95K so that is a fair drop (take into account trade value to buy the car, dealer margin) in value.

OcUK Staff
I could not live with the high driving position, for me it ruined the experience but that is purely a me thing. As a fun car it was exceptional, rapid, nicely put together and looked really good. I wanted so much to like the car but I just struggled with my long upper body getting comfy in it. I spoke to people who own them about seating positions and options to lower and though they are there (carbon seats, lowering brackets) you don't have a lot of room to play with. But I really enjoyed driving the one I borrowed, put a smile on my face and think it would be a cracking car to own if you have other cars.

You need a 1 in 1 out policy or a bigger storage area my friend :)

To add I think the car I was looking at was up around 95K so that is a fair drop (take into account trade value to buy the car, dealer margin) in value.

95k for a 410 ? That seems very high price.

Seating position for me felt low, felt like my Porsche, my S2000 feels like a high seating position in comparison to the Porsche and Lotus.

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo Give us a shout if you do decide to sell the s2000 please, I might be interested. I still have an s2000 itch.

It will be going up on PH, won't be cheap as its going up priced similar to others on the market, advantage is I won't be adding into the price all the new bushes, hardrace suspension components I fitted, though the price of the Ohlins will be going in as those are like £2500 for a set, if someone wants it without those I will happily knock a couple of grand of as got people lining up for the Ohlins.

It only has one bad point, the roof has a repair and a small tear in the usual place, it was never a priority for me as I drive it roof down, was going to get it booked in with the new roof guy in Wales who everyone uses but he is booked up until 2022, but its about £350 for a new roof, I enquired at Honda and the response was we don't offer to fit those any more as no one is trained to do so.

OcUK Staff
My wife has given me a hard limit of 4 cars. I am allowed to buy and sell as I please but that's the limit.

So you need your other half to give you a good beasting and tell you a hard limit :D

She does not help at all, if anything she just encourages me, says YOLO, one life and all that, guess its also why she is a keeper. :)

For me 5 cars is my ideal max at the house, as just means I can drive any whenever I like no need to play musical cars or have a car parked outside the front door, 6+ creates issues, so just need to sell one and store one somewhere else, if my cars were losing money I'd probably sell some more but its just a case of the cars are not losing money and I enjoy them all, plus I don't at present have any need to raise any capital.

Associate
She does not help at all, if anything she just encourages me, says YOLO, one life and all that, guess its also why she is a keeper. :)

For me 5 cars is my ideal max at the house, as just means I can drive any whenever I like no need to play musical cars or have a car parked outside the front door, 6+ creates issues, so just need to sell one and store one somewhere else, if my cars were losing money I'd probably sell some more but its just a case of the cars are not losing money and I enjoy them all, plus I don't at present have any need to raise any capital.

100% agree with her outlook. I find it is keeping track of servicing/tax/insurance that can be the pain in the backside.

Saying that I need to book my GR in for its 6 monthly check.

Caporegime
It will be going up on PH, won't be cheap as its going up priced similar to others on the market, advantage is I won't be adding into the price all the new bushes, hardrace suspension components I fitted, though the price of the Ohlins will be going in as those are like £2500 for a set, if someone wants it without those I will happily knock a couple of grand of as got people lining up for the Ohlins.

It only has one bad point, the roof has a repair and a small tear in the usual place, it was never a priority for me as I drive it roof down, was going to get it booked in with the new roof guy in Wales who everyone uses but he is booked up until 2022, but its about £350 for a new roof, I enquired at Honda and the response was we don't offer to fit those any more as no one is trained to do so.

I figured it would be, just meant give us a heads up when it goes up on PH.

Man of Honour
95k for a 410 ? That seems very high price.

Seating position for me felt low, felt like my Porsche, my S2000 feels like a high seating position in comparison to the Porsche and Lotus.
I might have the numbers wrong then, back of my mind was 95k but might have been the Evora

OcUK Staff
Ill give you £350 for it with that mileage on it :p

Its only just run in! :p
If your looking for a more standard car or lower price I really like this one:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202109307984964?advertising-location=at_cars&model=S2000&make=Honda&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&postcode=st87hf&include-delivery-option=on&radius=1500&sort=price-asc&page=4

For Imola orange car that is so well priced, it is however a 2007 model year car but it has got traction control option if important.

Other nice factory standard cars for sale are:
https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12434193

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12439333

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...nesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&page=6

Caporegime
I must admit I am more drawn to a GT for no logical reason! That black one looks nice, shame its black though.

That orange one is a stunning colour.

Yours is fair value for what it is and what you have done to it but I know I could buy a cheaper one and mod it to what i want myself over time.

OcUK Staff
I must admit I am more drawn to a GT for no logical reason! That black one looks nice, shame its black though.

Yours is fair value for what it is and what you have done to it but I know I could buy a cheaper one and mod it to what i want myself over time.

Indeed, I am in no rush to move it on anyway as suspect the longer it sits around the more it will be worth, so no rush.
I went in with a no expense spared to modding, hence Ohlins and also some of the hardrace suspension parts for adjustability and further strength. Plus two sets of wheels, both with brand new tyres.
It will at somepoint tick the right boxes for someone. :)

Soldato

You don't want a black fibreglass car in summer :D

OcUK Staff
What does WBAC value it at ?

WBAC 15-16k, Cazoo 16-17k depending on time of month based on it been stock, the Ohlins I've been offered 2k for and the other set of wheels/tyres fetch about a grand. I'm not interested in selling trade though, hence no agencies comment, someone can buy it and enjoy it, or I just keep it. :)

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Spotted this come up on Facebook Lotus page, I've messaged to try and confirm but I believe this is a dynamics car, so production ride height, I also think its black in colour, could be the green but not sure:

Emira.jpg

I've enlarged the photo and increased brightness.

If that is a production car, ride height looks fine to me and it looks superb though the darker colour does seem to hide the lines and air ducts of the car somewhat.

P.S. Confirmed its a production car in Shadow Grey. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom