Madeleine McCann cops ask Home Office for more money to continue search for missing child

Caporegime
Is the suspect the chap German police reported a number of years ago as the chap they though did it, and was sitting in german prison for kiddie fiddling?

He, Christian Brueckner, is currently serving a prison sentence for drug offences in Germany and was also given a seven-year term for raping a 72-year-old woman.

Nice guy... I guess pin this on him so all the BS can end... Granny fiddler :p

Soldato
I can only shake my head at any suggestion that the parents are guilty. This would require them to pull off the crime of the century, within an impossible timeframe, including the disposal of the body in some way that cannot be detected by modern forensics.

All of this while surrounded by hundreds of potential witnesses in a very public place!

Then they co-operated with the police and urged them to pursue the investigation for well over a decade, spending unprecedented quantities of taxpayers' money in the process. Because that's what you do when you're guilty and want to conceal your crime, apparently!

:rolleyes: :confused:

It's not unprecedented for guilty parties to get themselves into the spotlight. Ian Huntley springs to mind, I'm sure there are several more examples

Soldato
The biggest travesty in this is how come they got tens of millions spent of tax payer money on the investigation and many other parents of missing children get a report filed and that's it.

Caporegime
Who really cares. It's become a national joke. To my generation.
Joke certainly not the right word ...
if they weren't wealthy and middle class professionals this would have melted away after a few news cycles.
It's tedious, it's just boring.

Oh but if it was my kid... .. yeah I'd have given up all hope years ago and not gone down this media circus show route.

Soldato
To be fair, nobody would leave their kids alone at that age (wasn't there a younger one too?) unless you were in the garden of your own home. I once went to a wedding when Jr was about 9 months or so and they said they had a babysitting service at the venue (big country house). Turns out it was "leave the phone next to the cot". Nope. I don't think they did any killing, but I can't understand why you would do that.

V F

V F

Soldato
Who really cares. It's become a national joke. To my generation.
Joke certainly not the right word ...
if they weren't wealthy and middle class professionals this would have melted away after a few news cycles.
It's tedious, it's just boring.

Oh but if it was my kid... .. yeah I'd have given up all hope years ago and not gone down this media circus show route.

Well, it seemed to gain the biggest traction way back then when it was David Cameron that kept pouring money into the investigation.

Google sure is weird.

Who was prime minister when Madeleine McCann went missing?

Minister David Cameron

In 2011, then British Prime Minister David Cameron orders a review by London police after being contacted by the McCanns

It was Tony Blair who was Prime Minister on May 2007 then shortly after Gordon Brown on June 2007, when Madeleine McCann went missing on May 3, 2007.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's not a subject that comes up regularly in after dinner conversation but I can confidently say that pretty much anyone I've ever discussed this with thinks they did it.

Oh absolutely. I know so many people who are convinced they did it. But then I knew so many people who thought MMR gave kids autism even after Andrew Wakefield was struck off. I've met people who still think there was no smoke without fire with MMR. Humans are weird things.

Man of Honour
I can only shake my head at any suggestion that the parents are guilty. This would require them to pull off the crime of the century, within an impossible timeframe, including the disposal of the body in some way that cannot be detected by modern forensics.

All of this while surrounded by hundreds of potential witnesses in a very public place!

Then they co-operated with the police and urged them to pursue the investigation for well over a decade, spending unprecedented quantities of taxpayers' money in the process. Because that's what you do when you're guilty and want to conceal your crime, apparently!

:rolleyes: :confused:

and don't forget there were 9 adults in their party all taking goes and turns looking in on the kids.
Crime of the century as you say.

A couple of years ago the German Police said is was Christian Bruekner and they had evidence Maddie wasn't alive, that tells me when they went through all his USB drives and memory cards they saw evidence but can't pin it on him.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I thought for a long time that they did it but it defies all logic to keep going on about it when the whole world just wants to move on. Makes zero sense.

I still 100% do not agree that they are blameless. You don't leave your kids at that age anywhere on there own even if you are "checking on them regularly", utter madness.

Back
Top Bottom