Mafia 2 demo!

Associate
I'd imagine an unlimited time patch is toeing the line a bit when it comes to rule breaking, I've been suspended from here for far less, just saying :D

Associate
Why would it be against the rules :-? ? its only a patch?

You're illegally tampering with the demo by using a third party patch, you're taking out a restriction which is there as an incentive for you to buy the full game. Granted, it's not exactly the same as sharing a crack for a retail game but I'd imagine the mods wouldn't be happy about it.

Associate
You're illegally tampering with the demo by using a third party patch, you're taking out a restriction which is there as an incentive for you to buy the full game. Granted, it's not exactly the same as sharing a crack for a retail game but I'd imagine the mods wouldn't be happy about it.

Ok, i thought it was an official patch :D

Caporegime
I'm enjoying it :]

I'm just finding it a bit, erm, annoying that it's only the demo :p would quite like a play through the main story.

However, I've read reviews that aren't so nice about it.

Associate
Physx tweak for mafia II I found when looking up info for running a 9800 GTX for physx & a 5870 for main.
http://physxinfo.com/news/3628/mafia-ii-demo-tweaking-physx-performance/
Basically you can disable all cloth swaying from everyone except your character or you can disable the characters cloth too but still have all the other physx bits, I got pretty good results from doing this in the benchmark but when it came to actually playing it dipped into unplayable fps here & there, so I'll be trying a 9800 gtx for hybrid physx.

Heres my results with the physx tweak after disabling all cloth physx & medium physx.
maxAAmedphysx-clotha.jpg

maxAAmedphysx-clothb.jpg

All full settings without physx I get pretty much a constant 60fps I have v-sync on & plays perfectly smooth the whole time so adding a 9800 gtx should work sweet :).

Soldato
This is amazing, wanna download the 360 version as well and compare cant see it touching the pc version tho!

One quick thing, if i wanted to connect a 2nd monitor to monitor things such as gpu usage, cpu temp etc while playing mafia would this have any effect on fps? if its connecting to my 5850 its gonna take some juice away from my gaming monitor no?

Soldato
That PHYSX tweak disabling cloth is brilliant - I had about 20-30 fps even in the house at the beginning, now with cloth on others disabled I have 60 there and 50-60 on the street. 30-60 during shootouts, it is well playable and looks great. Everything maxed, AA OFF, PhysX Medium, 1920*1200, on single GTX280.

Back
Top Bottom