Mafia 2 demo!

Im sure most know, but I didnt. Just pre-ordered mafia2 on STEAM and they gave me MAFIA for free. To start with thought Id bought the wrong game lol. But yeah, you get mafia free, for preordering mafia 2

\o/

Posted some shots in the high res topic.

Btw the physx cloth tweak just for vito, the new physx driver and latest nvidia drivers get me about 60fps with dips to 40s. AA is off but tbh it doesn't do much if its enabled and forced doesn't work or least doesn't with my gtx 260.

Would this apply when just running a single ATI card such as my 5970. I get excellent FPS until the gun fire starts and it slowly gets worse and worse.

Yes, I did it with just a 5870 but I intend on throwing a 9800 gtx in for dedicated hardware physx, my system can't quite cut it for silky smooth fps all the time but it was playable, I think it's the physx driver that installs with the demo, it enables it to run off the cpu which was why people with nvidia cards were getting not so great results causing them to install different physx drivers so it could run off the gpu which gave them better results.

It's definately worth trying out for nvidia or ati users, big fps difference :cool:.

Would be absolutely sweet though to have a 5970 running with a GTX 460 for dedicated physx & dx11 support.

I'll post the results once I get the 9800GTX running as dedicated physx, had to order a heatsink for it, the fan died on the original, should be up & running tomorrow.

Last edited:
Anyone having problems getting the demo to play? I downloaded it over night and just started it up but it has stayed on 'performing first time setup (1 of 4)' for the last 20 minutes?

If you're happy doing a little hex editing you can effectively remove the 10 min free roam time limit on the demo apparently.

Tip seen at RPS- The free roam portion of the demo is limited to 10 mins, but you can freeze the timer with a little hex editing.

Open up the game's executable with a hex editor (eg. a free one like HxD), go to line 000F5380, and overwrite D9 56 4C, with 90 90 90.

http://imgur.com/pnjWv.png
(source: Zyrxil on Blues News)

I'm not sure if it's been covered but when I turn AA on and run the benchmark, the results I get are the same as with AA off. In fact whenever I go back to the video settings, AA just goes back to being turned off.

Any solutions or reasons this is happening? Gcard is a GTX460...

Why oh why couldn't GTA run as good as this does.

Nice little demo, feels very authentic. I liked putting the cars in simulation mode, you can pull off some crazy driving and it feels very rewarding.

Back
Top Bottom