Mafia 2 demo!

Associate
but this game wont have multiplayer...
This I am glad about as it was 1 of GTA's most disapointing bits because of mass cheaters wrecking the game.

I'm not sure if it's been covered but when I turn AA on and run the benchmark, the results I get are the same as with AA off. In fact whenever I go back to the video settings, AA just goes back to being turned off.

Any solutions or reasons this is happening? Gcard is a GTX460...
Once you change it to on, close the demo & start it back up, had the same issue :D, definately looks better with it on.

Why oh why couldn't GTA run as good as this does.

Nice little demo, feels very authentic. I liked putting the cars in simulation mode, you can pull off some crazy driving and it feels very rewarding.
Because rockstar are sloppy when it comes to catering for pc gamers, first I've heared of the simulation mode, off I go to have a try :D.

Associate
Because rockstar are sloppy when it comes to catering for pc gamers, first I've heared of the simulation mode, off I go to have a try :D.

The PC version of GTA4 runs better than the console version on a machine of similar spec. (i.e. quad-core with half-decent graphics card)

Soldato
Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing the demo to crash for me? After about 6 or 7 minutes of play it crashes to desktop with a windows error message of some sort. I cant read the message however because my PC shuts itself off before i can read it.

I thought it might be my CPU overheating as i haven't played resource intensive game in quite some time but i ran Prime95 for about hour today and it seemed ok.

Any thoughts on how i can troubleshoot this?

Soldato
I saw someone mention their gfx card overheats a lot when physx is turned on but since ur ati i duno.

Prime95 for a hour isnt a stable indicator hell even 24hrs isnt as mine crashes if i used that folding at home thing otherwise its stable as hell. So its not a perfect test.

Try lowering quality and see if its playable?

Soldato
Removed all cloth apart from Vitos and it works a dream with Apex on high. AA off and I'm getting 40-50fps even in heavy firefights.

Soldato
no Phys-X malarkay but maxed settings, great performance :eek:

141bc272.jpg

Caporegime
Associate
Hmm just had the weirdest thing happen.

Was going to do some benchmarks with the demo using various settings going from high-low so i set everything to high but i quit out before going any further to install fraps for screenshots and somehow my monitor suddenly went really dark like i'd had changed the brightness down on it. A quick shutdown and restart fixed the problem but never had it happen before.

I must say i liked the demo, played quite nice from running arround to shooting although i found the normal driving mode to be a bit weird as it was like i couldn't steer the car quickly enough although maybe that's just me and i didn't try simulation. Also i liked the graphics and on my system with a newer for me graphics card (Asus 3870 512mb pre-overclocked) and at 1280x1024 it ran smooth.

Associate
Damm after restarting my computer and then loading the demo to benchmark it on my system i find my screen Again had went dark/dim although it's only on my main monitor and not my 2nd monitor plus i found that when i alt-tabbed the monitor would look fine when the Demo was selected but then when i switched to the desktop it wasn't right.

**Edit** logged off and as soon as i got to the screen saying "Logging off" my monitor was nice and bright exactly how it should be and when i logged back on everything was fine. Very odd that i've never had this happen before in any game other than this demo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom