Mafia 2 demo!

Damm after restarting my computer and then loading the demo to benchmark it on my system i find my screen Again had went dark/dim although it's only on my main monitor and not my 2nd monitor plus i found that when i alt-tabbed the monitor would look fine when the Demo was selected but then when i switched to the desktop it wasn't right.

**Edit** logged off and as soon as i got to the screen saying "Logging off" my monitor was nice and bright exactly how it should be and when i logged back on everything was fine. Very odd that i've never had this happen before in any game other than this demo.

I've got this problem too with my Monitor dimming after Exiting the game.

HAHAHAA :D :D

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79397

guys,

I've seen a couple links to supposed demo timer removal methods. Not only do these often lead to viruses that will mess up your systems, removing the demo timer means you are stealing our game. If you post these, you will be banned.

Think of the devs at 2K Czech who have spent years slaving over this game and respect them. Don't remove the demo timer. The full game will be out in 14 days. Wait till then - it will be worth it. You will receive a fully finished game without any hacks (I guarantee the experience will be better) and you will be supporting the team you love so much, and the people who worked so hard to bring you Mafia II.

Also, you don't want to be banned.

Demo timers are lame.... its not like you can do much more than explore the immediate area of the game anyhow... and you can just restart the demo and explore the areas you missed so WHAT is the point other than to annoy potential customers?

To add to that when I first jumped in, hurried to the mission because of the timer and then played through the short mission I quit not really expecting to buy the full game... having removed the timer so I can explore the demo a little more at my leisure I'm actually thinking about buying the game now.

30 seconds until I've got the update.

I will report back asap. It has been mentioned on 2K Forums but no one has said anything else and there is nothing on Steam forums.

edit------------>

It hasn't started up the timer again. Loading times seems to have improved though. :)

Last edited:
Runs well for me.

mafia2.png

Looking forward to playing the full game.

TC.

I like this a lot, but the controls feel a little 'out of control' if you know what I mean. Compared to the precision of mafia, these feel like console controls on the PC, which sucks. I hope they tweak it a little more to make it slower and more accurate. The driving is also a bit frustrating, the cars slide around a LOT. Still, the game seems to be the same brilliant formula that made mafia so good, the question is, will it impress in 2010? My first impressions of heading outside were how well they've recreated the living, breathing city feel that mafia did so well too. Few games do it this well, with perhaps GTA4 being the closest rival.

why haven't they tried to do something new ? this is very disappointing it's like a gta style game ie boring once over the novelty.
The original was good because people weren't bored of the whole gta style sandbox game but this is 2010 wont be getting this game it's a big let down.

So it's going to be drive to A watch cut scene get mission drive to B complete mission watch a cut scene rinse repeat no interaction over the game world or choices yaaaaaaaawn.

Last edited:
why haven't they tried to do something new ? this is very disappointing it's like a gta style game ie boring once over the novelty.
The original was good because people weren't bored of the whole gta style sandbox game but this is 2010 wont be getting this game it's a big let down.

So it's going to be drive to A watch cut scene get mission drive to B complete mission watch a cut scene rinse repeat no interaction over the game world or choices yaaaaaaaawn.

Don't think the demo represents the gameworld very well - most of the stuff has been deactivated in the small area you can roam other than the one mission - theres a garage or 2, gunshop, etc. but not much else. The fullgame I believe has a bit more depth and variation.

Don't like the driving as u press left it is slow but goes hard left if u know what i mean etc. Its a tapping left or right kinda driving which i don't like. I hate the fov the character is far too close to the cam. Shame its a poor console port tho with bad gfx i.e no decent AA. Audio isn't 5.1 surround at least the radio when i was rotating wasn't rotating on the speakers.

The good things are that the combat isn't too bad the cover system isn't too bad either tho i hate pressing ctrl to come out of cover instead of just moving off the wall etc with directional control instead. The character gfx are mint. The draw distance isn't very good and i noticed an awful pop in of some cars when coming onto the bridge-way.

I think the cover system is just about the best I've come across in a game. Same with the pigeons - quite a realistic portrayal I think ;)

I'm starting to get irritated by really little things now though - like the lack of ambulances and fire engines!!! Seems a bit odd when bodies are just left in the street. Not being able to do drive bys etc seems a bit dated too

Demo timers are lame.... its not like you can do much more than explore the immediate area of the game anyhow... and you can just restart the demo and explore the areas you missed so WHAT is the point other than to annoy potential customers?

The point is to give you as accurate an experience of the full game as possible, duh.

Back
Top Bottom