Mafia 2 demo!

As a GTA clone, it's a pretty good game with a lot going for it. Don't know if i'll get it though - i'll wait for some reviews first..
I also found it quite hard - seem to get shot to death really easily, and a head-on collision at 20 mph shouldn't kill you (at least, not in a game). Driving seemed very fiddly, especially when trying to jack a car under fire.
As for the demo timer, i found it reset & gave me more time every time i died. But 10 mins is ample to explore what limited city there is.
And as for realism...i teleported out of my car when i drove it into the water, only to see a fully submerged police car, sirens blazing where my car should have been. The pedestrians also don't seem to care if you point a gun in their face.
Overall, thumbs up.

The demo is great fun but like all games I purchase they must have a multiplayer side or I just seem to lose interest real quick. Mafia I was a great game and I'm glad this version runs so well on my aging rig but I'm unsure as too whether I'll purchase on release or leave for a few months.

It's running great on max, no aa or physx on a Q9550 and 5870, but using the Physx tweak I slow to a crawl as soon as the molotov sets fire the building. Do you think my CPU is bottlenecking me?

Refuse to buy it for a while now because of them releasing a patch that stops the timer.

You're angry at the devs because people found a way around the timer built into the game? You do realise the timer hack wasn't made by the devs?:confused:

lol, great input. Care to explain?
Car handling is terrible. Plus there is like 3 or 4 vehicles just in different colors.
Camera angle could be better.
You can't go around a corner without a cop being there.
The streets are so dense of people you can hardly move.
The mission they have given is stupid and boring. Hide behind stuff and shoot people while they reload. Repeat times 100. You don't even get to shoot the fat guy at the end.

It just feels so linear compared to other sandbox games and they probably threw things like Petrol stations and clothes stores so it doesn't seem that way. If there was a way to rent PC games, Mafia II would be a rental for sure.

No wonder so many developers don't bother releasing demos these days, the first good demo we get for ages and it's getting slated for basically not being the full game for free.

Shame that devs go for new gfx engines all the time, nowt wrong with old ones just tweak em a little so they can run high poly models and high res textures thats it. And less advanced stuff which isnt needed really could have been given the resources over to gameplay departments to make a great sp game.

Sry i just tend to think these days that all games are just gfx and using engines that dont allow for aa like in the olden days and it pees me off. Bring back the golden age of the 90s and early 2000s.

No wonder so many developers don't bother releasing demos these days, the first good demo we get for ages and it's getting slated for basically not being the full game for free.
Correct me if I'm wrong but a demo is supposed to make you want to buy the game? Probably would have been better not releasing one at all and just letting it hype itself up.

Refuse to buy it for a while now because of them releasing a patch that stops the timer.

Christ. You can never please some people.
You've got arguably the best version of the game from all the platforms, you have a means to play it with unlimited time (which nobody else does), and because they repaired it you're having a cry.
Get a grip. I'm sure they're going to miss the £5 you'll save from waiting a few months to buy.

Shame that devs go for new gfx engines all the time, nowt wrong with old ones just tweak em a little so they can run high poly models and high res textures thats it. And less advanced stuff which isnt needed really could have been given the resources over to gameplay departments to make a great sp game.

Sry i just tend to think these days that all games are just gfx and using engines that dont allow for aa like in the olden days and it pees me off. Bring back the golden age of the 90s and early 2000s.

This engine allows AA. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom