Mafia 2 demo!

Soldato
[

Handling seems no better or worse than other games like this.
it does, only gta is similar really, most other games like saints row 2 are **** in comparison.
Can you give an example of the sense of detail? The world feels far less lifelike than GTA4 to me.
I disagree, gta iv looks bare and lifeless to me, just look out the window of the house in mafia 2, feels much more alive. Sound details are better too.
The little details like the bogs in a café or people staring at some idiot who drive in to another car or the police who go after you for speeding, the paper seller who is shouting, etc...

Playboy playmates...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
it does, only gta is similar really, most other games like saints row 2 are **** in comparison.

I disagree, gta iv looks bare and lifeless to me, just look out the window of the house in mafia 2, feels much more alive. Sound details are better too.
The little details like the bogs in a café or people staring at some idiot who drive in to another car or the police who go after you for speeding, the paper seller who is shouting, etc...

Playboy playmates...

Its funny... the ambient sound design is bordering on brilliant... the weapon sounds (and weapon firing in general) is weak and vague.

Soldato
Really enjoying the demo, the car tweaking is fun :p

2iatvuv.jpg

Associate
Got to be the most played game demo for me. :D

Me too :cool:, clocked up 7 hours without the time hack lol the games just awesome, thats more than some games I've bought, a bit of that time was tweaking to perfection for fps though.

I love how in different areas people react differently to you behaving bad, in lardy dar swimming pool land people just get scared & the tougher neighborhoods they'll try & kill you lol awesome :D.

Soldato
physx.jpg

Dusted the old grey lady out of the dustbin screenshots soon ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
ALL SETTINGS MAXED | PHYSX maxed out. @1920x1200 | No mods.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

mafia22010081321214621.jpg

-
mafia22010081321240969.jpg

-
mafia22010081321255062.jpg

-
mafia22010081321263077.jpg

-
mafia22010081321271115.jpg

To be honest im getting great FPS here so i can safely say hardware physx is working.
but honestly physx does have massive bugs, out of no where you can get really lag fested onto the 20fps then about 10 seconds later everything shoots back up for no reason lol

Last edited:
Soldato
The blur effect is nasty, can it be turned off? Things in the distance look pixelated because of it.

I'm also having regular crashes with the demo using a GTX280 on the latest WHQL nvidia drivers, lots of display corruption etc. Looks like a faulty GPU, but everything else appears to work fine! Anyone else experiencing this?

Soldato
No issues here, though i only use the Nvidia card as physx lol so i dont see the picture just the calculations on my ati card coming from the processing chip on the nvidia card :p

Soldato
Could be overheating.

I thought that, but I tried Crysis and it was heating the card up a lot more than the Mafia 2 demo was. I think it must be a driver bug, though I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned already. There is the chance there's something wrong with the card, but that means an RMA to BFG which could take a while and be difficult.

Soldato
Was getting about 50 fps until i quit the game, then i realised that my refresh rate might be off and what do u know, it was set at 50hz :(

mafia22010081402171353.jpg

took that screenie before i rolled it right infront of the car wash

Associate
ViRuS2k I'm so glad you posted your findings with your hybrid physx especially with the gpuz shots, made me realise I didn't set it up correct, installed & removed about 6 times & this last time I used the latest nvidia drivers & latest physx & used the PhysX-mod-1.04ff, massively better results now :D.

Found it had some big slow downs here & there like you mentioned so removed the npc apex cloths but kept vito's & it's really playable now without fps dips :).

I bet a gtx 460 would be freaking awesome setup for hybrid physx & am very tempted to get one now, I'd expect that to be able to handle all the apex no sweat :cool:.

Heres my new findings with the 9800 properly working for physx :).
58709800gtx.png

Associate
LOL I love the fact that you can get drunk and the screen goes all blurry

Yeah I like that too but would like it more if the character stumbled about like in gta iv it was hilarious :D, hopefully that will be in the full game :).

I mean I went to a bar in the game & had about 30 whiskys & only got blurry vision lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom