Malaysian GP 2009 - Race 2/17

Soldato
im amazed and chuffed, i so thought they would rule with ferrari:D

I was convinced they would rule in Brawn, Williams and Toyota's favour.

It's just the politics of running against these teams that outweighed it. Imagine what would happen to these teams if they were ruled against?

Brawn is being run on a shoestring budget. Williams is barely surviving and only exists this season because Bernie gave them a load of cash. Toyota are only here because they, unlike Honda, smelt a whiff of some victory this season due to all the rule changes. But if the FIA were to rule illegal Toyota's diffuser then I could see them adding it to their long list of reasons to quit like Honda did.

Then you've got teams like McLaren, Ferrari which can afford to design a B spec car. Then you've got people like Renault which are stuck in the middle of it all. RBR don't seem to be doing too bad without the diffuser anyway so they don't have anything to be moaning about really.

The FIA is desperate to see "small" teams succeed. They want to project the image that F1 is now cheap to get into. The last thing they want to do is punish small teams that come up with weird and crazy ideas that let them win races. Otherwise people like USF1 may as well just not bother.

Soldato
Is a transcript available from the hearing? It sounds like it would be interesting from the media coverage.

James Allen has some choice quotes on his site (http://www.jamesallenonf1.com)

Although three teams are in the dock, only one team owner seems to be getting the flak and that is Ross Brawn. He had to sit there, while Nigel Tozzi, Ferrari’s lawyer and a man who was on the same side as Brawn until two years ago, described him as a ‘person of supreme arrogance,’ because he sees things one way when everyone else sees things a different way, “Only a person of supreme arrogance would think he is right when so many of his esteemed colleagues would disagree.”

ouch!

Associate
the big loser in this is redbull
there rear suspension design means they cant fit the diffuser or so they said when this diffuser was first seen, time will tell

That wasn't the impression I got from CS||Nuts.... Last time someone said that he quoted them and said "Oh really?". Made out like it's not going to be as much of a bum as everyone thinks..

Soldato
Excellent news this. Goes to show that teams can still be clever and enterprising and not get told off for it. I really hope the protesting teams had been working on a diffuser if their appeal was dismissed. Imagine being so confident it'll work and then find out you've lost and you haven't started working on a new diffuser. :D

Soldato
“Anyone with a command of English will tell you it is a hole, so do not let someone attempting to be clever with words defeat the express purpose of the rules,” -- Ferrari

Hah.

That pretty much sums up Ferrari in a single sentence. Never did like little British teams coming along and blowing them out the water.

Soldato
“Anyone with a command of English will tell you it is a hole, so do not let someone attempting to be clever with words defeat the express purpose of the rules,” -- Ferrari

Hah.

That pretty much sums up Ferrari in a single sentence. Never did like little British teams coming along and blowing them out the water.

This season must be grinding their gears. Their car isn't the worst. They have two more than capable drivers. Yet they cant put any points on the board. Their only bonus at the moment is the McLaren debacle.

Back
Top Bottom