Malaysian GP 2009 - Race 2/17

Didnt he clip someone on the first corner with his front wing?

He was shoved by HK from behind which we didn't see. That's what that incident was.

Aparently the Brawn cars are very quick, more than what we saw. One article was saying that Jenson was holding/maintaining that 4/5 sec gap with Vettel. It does seem odd that he pulled out that advantage and it stuck.

Vetter is a fast driver, so I took it at face value that Vettel was just as quick. It was said though that the qualy times of Button were with 7KG more fuel than the others but he did have the spare super softs to put that lap in.

Still, it remains to be seen if reliability is there and if the drivers can fight for position if the need to. Shaping up to be a great season.

Hamilton on the MP-24s issues

Sounds like he had a hard time out there. HE makes the car sound dangerous, and you'd think McLaren would have got somewhere near ironing kinks during testing. Could well be a fundamental design flaw that they'll not recover from.

It's not dangerous :p He was just driving it on and beyond the limits, which just happen to be very low at the moment.

I think McLaren will have a "diffuser car" in Spain with a whole new rear end as well. They have hinted at it.

I notice a lot of you have Brawn GP in your signatures,

I bet that wouldnt be the case if they finished 20th :p

Why not? British based team with a British Owner and now a British title Sponsor and a British Driver... thats why im a fan, not because they won the first race.

There were a number of Honda supporters on here before they were BGP, so they clearly arent supporting just those who win :)

Plus, BGP have become a likeable team in the public eye. Unlike McLaren/Hamilton, which it has become 'cool to hate', a phenomenom I have never understood.

Unlike McLaren/Hamilton, which it has become 'cool to hate', a phenomenom I have never understood.

I think a small part of that is closet racism to be honest, especially in some of the newspapers. Take the whole thing about "how awful it is" him being a tax exile in Switzerland - yet Jenson gets no stick for doing the same thing by being based in Monaco. :confused:

We Brits don't like really successful sportsmen we like them to be tragically close but not actually good enough. Like Tim Henman.

To be fair Tim Henman didn't even get close!! :D

As the Americans would say dont hate the player, hate the game; and so I do, LH is a superb talent but real real shame he has to drive for an obsessively regimented team like Mclaren. The day he moves to another team Ill be his biggest fan :)

Back to Malaysia, seems like its going to rain, so maybe the KERS teams won't have anything to gain :(

harder to put the power down in the rain, and with a boost coming from KERS, even harder to control it.

Like utajoker says, controlling 800bhp to the rear wheels is hard enough without slamming another 80bhp, nothing like pressing a button and ending up in wall, Kimi style ;):D

Dry start with Rain from 5 laps in to halfway would make my day.

Starting on dry tyres, the race to get onto wets, then slowly drying track towards the end :D
Would be great fun!
Last year (or was it the year before) where they had rain at the end of the first lap was great. Think it was at Spa though? Kimi missed the pit entry :p

Back
Top Bottom