Malaysian GP 2009 - Race 2/17

I have to say, very impressed with the BBC.

Just a week later and they have already addressed some of the issues we brought up; EJ isn't as confrotational as before or interrupt, and they showed the entire press conference!

Looking good for tomorrow, hopefully some rain to mix it up a bit. Also actually quite looking forward to the post race F1 Forum again, enjoyed the analysis last time.

Hmmm trulli in second is 5/1 such are the betting odds being so sure of a button win. There's some good odds to be nailed down the field especially as there is a chance of rain.

Brawn's and Toyota's are so close it could go either way - but I hope some are now happy to eat their words at the "journeyman" comments about Button, who has proved anything but in the last week or so

I did chuckle a little at Ferrari getting it so wrong with Massa

They should get F1 commentators for it:

MB: She's dead. Yes.... she's still dead. Dead.
MW: A shocking death there. Sad for everyone involved. WAIT WHAT'S THIS! Jade is walking towards the...
MB: That's her sister, Murray.

If this wasn't borderline talking ill of the dead it would be very funny.

Brawn's and Toyota's are so close it could go either way - but I hope some are now happy to eat their words at the "journeyman" comments about Button, who has proved anything but in the last week or so

I did chuckle a little at Ferrari getting it so wrong with Massa

Personally i dont have any problems with Button, ive always liked him but i dont think hes that good a driver compared to Hamilton, Massa et al.

Thing is that at the moment he has the fastest and best performing car...now perhaps thats something to do with the diffuser ie the rear one that they are running...ive watched the qualifying and someone said week in Paris they will rule on whether Brawn GP are breaking the rules by using that rear diffuser...if it found that they are then i hope that Brawn GP and their drivers get punished as badly as Mcclaren have been punished for breaking rules etc. To me it seems like Button and Brawn have an unfair advantage over the other cars. but if its found that they arent illegal then i think Button and Brawn GP will do pretty well...well until Ferrari and McClaren catch up.

Thing is that at the moment he has the fastest and best performing car...now perhaps thats something to do with the diffuser ie the rear one that they are running...ive watched the qualifying and someone said week in Paris they will rule on whether Brawn GP are breaking the rules by using that rear diffuser...if it found that they are then i hope that Brawn GP and their drivers get punished as badly as Mcclaren have been punished for breaking rules etc. To me it seems like Button and Brawn have an unfair advantage over the other cars. but if its found that they arent illegal then i think Button and Brawn GP will do pretty well...well until Ferrari and McClaren catch up.
Why are you singling out Brawn GP and there drivers? Williams and Toyota are using the double diffuser aswell.

Going by Autosport mag this week, they were 0.9 seconds ahead last weekend. The common judgement is that the diffuser is giving them (and the other two teams) about 0.3 sec per lap. They have a new aero package coming for Spain which is meant to give them around another 0.3 sec performance, although of course all teams will be bringing new parts to the european races.

Why would they be punished?
I very much doubt the diffuser will be banned as the stewards have deemed them legal.
If they are banned, my understanding is all points will remain, no punishment for the teams and they will simply have to remove them by the next race.

Why would they be punished?
I very much doubt the diffuser will be banned as the stewards have deemed them legal.
If they are banned, my understanding is all points will remain, no punishment for the teams and they will simply have to remove them by the next race.

Well if thats the case then fair enough, i stand corrected. I havent really been paying much attention to F1 this yr...seeing as its becoming more and more stupid yr in yr out with the silly rule changes etc.

Back
Top Bottom