Malaysian GP 2009 - Race 2/17

Yeah, they are a really good move. Just a shame that many people were critical. Respect to the FIA, they've done a good job.

Good move for racing yes, but the cars still look ugly because of the front/rear wings - I prefer the look of the last year's front and rear wings; however rest of the car car looks better.

The fact that the all the teams are so close together? And you can overtake, as was shown in Aus.

There was over taking last year in the midfield and there was also two saftey cars in melbourn, data shows teh brawns should iof been about 1minute ahead of the pack.
Cars close together? brawn are way out in front and the trailing teams are way out in back. the midfield is bunched together, This was the case last year.

It's early days, but i do not see much difference from last year.

They should get F1 commentators for it:

MB: She's dead. Yes.... she's still dead. Dead.
MW: A shocking death there. Sad for everyone involved. WAIT WHAT'S THIS! Jade is walking towards the...
MB: That's her sister, Murray.

hahaha, real laugh from me there!

anyway i hope it rains tomoz over there!

Why? So that McLaren can once again mess up their tactics or so that Hamilton has another one of his wet-weather-off-days?

How about just 'cos wet races are always dramatic and changeable and nearly always throw up surprises? I'm confused by the assumption of fanboyism in these threads. Hamilton and Kubica are probably my favourites out of the current crop of drivers but I'd much rather watch a good race in which they do badly than a dull race in which they do well.

Thing is that at the moment he [Button] has the fastest and best performing car...

This is true, however, Button is still beating his team-mate (albeit, its a too early to use that as a judgement of Button's ability).

I certainly dont rate him in the top 8 drivers in F1 right now, but he is doing the best possible job that any driver could do - 1 win and 2 poles.

How about just 'cos wet races are always dramatic and changeable and nearly always throw up surprises? I'm confused by the assumption of fanboyism in these threads. Hamilton and Kubica are probably my favourites out of the current crop of drivers but I'd much rather watch a good race in which they do badly than a dull race in which they do well.

And a dry race is even better because there are no silly things going on, fewer tactical goings on (ie with rain you need to pit at the right time, too early and you're out); more wheel to wheel racing with cars not sliding everywhere and so on.
Rain is only "fun" if what you want to see is lots of incidents.

I certainly dont rate him in the top 8 drivers in F1 right now

I dunno, there are about 9 maybe 10 drivers all of who can be in the top 8, and Button is definitely among them .. it's close between Button, Glock, Rosberg, Kubica I think.

Last edited:
I certainly dont rate him in the top 8 drivers in F1 right now, but he is doing the best possible job that any driver could do - 1 win and 2 poles.

Not in the top 8? Who are you putting ahead of him?

I'd say there's a top tier of three drivers: the three world champions, and then a second tier into which Vettel, Rubens, Massa, Kubica and Button fit. A midfield of drivers who are good but not quite there, and a few donkeys with whom you have to wonder how they get a drive.

It probably goes like this, in order of goodness.

1) Alonso
2) Kimi
3) Hamilton
4) Vettel
5) Massa
6) Kubica
7) Button
8) Glock/Trulli/Rosberg

It probably goes like this, in order of goodness.

1) Alonso
2) Kimi
3) Hamilton
4) Vettel
5) Massa
6) Kubica
7) Button
8) Glock/Trulli/Rosberg

I don't think it's possible to rank them in 'goodness'. What kind of measure is this? How much is it influenced by being in the right car at the right time? How much on employing the right manager? How much on factors nothing to do with actually driving? They are all good - they all have strengths and weaknesses. I'd say the team, the budgets, the car, the management etc etc vary so much from driver to driver it's simply impossible to rank them like this.

Back
Top Bottom