Malaysian GP 2009 - Race 2/17

Dry start with Rain from 5 laps in to halfway would make my day.

Starting on dry tyres, the race to get onto wets, then slowly drying track towards the end :D
Would be great fun!

and then they can all start on the best compound for their car and not have to worry about the other compound once they've used the wets.

Kimi appears to have taken Jensons journeyman position as people put it.

I don't recall any correspondance from Kimi over the whole weekend despite the poor performance. Not out there trying to justify himself despite promising initial performance. Hmmm.

I think a small part of that is closet racism to be honest, especially in some of the newspapers. Take the whole thing about "how awful it is" him being a tax exile in Switzerland - yet Jenson gets no stick for doing the same thing by being based in Monaco. :confused:

Nothing to do with racism at all. Jenson and DC both were upfront about it. They did it purely for the money but stayed for the lifestyle. Hamilton came out with all the bull about it being for privacy reasons etc and blaming the media.

They were bound to go after him after that. Someone poorly adviced him.

For the record I dislike all forms or tax dodging once you have been educated by this country you should pay to this country regardless of success. That's another debate.

I dislike the whole manufactured nature of lewis hamilton not that he's brown.

I dislike the whole manufactured nature of lewis hamilton not that he's brown.

yep, he seems so fake. i did enjoy watching him win, and theres no doubt he's a fantastic driver, but i was never really that excited by him. Jenson however, seems a lot more real. I love his silky smooth style. Hence why I put a bet on him to win after news of brawn gp.

well they'll just have to boost up the straights and outbrake. I don't really see rain affected kers car in particular.

I do. When recharging it adds extra drag to the rear wheels and as such is more prone to locking up. However they can select when it charges, however I'm not sure how many seconds of braking they need to fully charge.

Last year (or was it the year before) where they had rain at the end of the first lap was great. Think it was at Spa though? Kimi missed the pit entry :p

I remember that. He doesn't like the rain at all.

However, it looks like its going to throw it down. Will make an intresting watch for qualifying and the race.

If there is rain, im counting on Alonso and Vettel doing very well.

Rain + Ferrari's = Bad Times :(

I remember Davidson mentioning during the race in Melbourne that KERS has different levels of charging and use, apparently the higher the level the more torque sent to the rear wheels which made the rears easy to lock up under braking. From my understanding rain would therefore be a greater disadvantage to KERS runners.

I do. When recharging it adds extra drag to the rear wheels and as such is more prone to locking up. However they can select when it charges, however I'm not sure how many seconds of braking they need to fully charge.

I'm sure they have modified the rear brakes to have less pressure when the KERS is recharging as well. Otherwise, like you say, the rear would just lock up from too much braking force... wet OR dry... :)

I personally don't think Hamilton will keep it on the track if it rains. I just don't think it is possible in that car.
I think the opposite. Rain will make the cars a lot closer, hence why Button did well in Hungary. I believe the Mclaren is meant to be balanced and okay to drive but just slow and not unpredictable/unbalanced.

I think the opposite. Rain will make the cars a lot closer, hence why Button did well in Hungary. I believe the Mclaren is meant to be balanced and okay to drive but just slow and not unpredictable/unbalanced.

It looks super smooth round the track, as you say it's just a dog of a car and slow. i think this will help lewis no end.

And Buton is a smooth driver and so shoudl do well as well. I hope i is wet, i can't wait.

cant apeal a drive through can you? i remember hamilton couldnt last year.

i think the KERS stores enough energy for 2 or 3 laps on boost which is why they get a full bar when they cross the start/finish line, so then can boost before it and after for a huge boost.

the battery sign goes "full" because thats the full 7seconds they are allowed, which is updated as they cross the line. It doesnt however mean that the batteries are full, as that battery sign doesnt go up at all during the lap.

who knows, i didnt design it.

It looks super smooth round the track, as you say it's just a dog of a car and slow. i think this will help lewis no end.

And Buton is a smooth driver and so shoudl do well as well. I hope i is wet, i can't wait.

Pretty sure Lewis said he felt that the car was awfull to drive, and ready to spin out at any moment (can't recall which site I read this on now. Can't see it on pitpass or autosport)

Then again as we know from Silverstone and Spa if there is anyone who seems to like pushing a car to its limits and having to work hard it is Lewis.

Back
Top Bottom