Malaysian GP 2009 - Race 2/17

Soldato
The FIA surprised me there. A sensible decision!! About bloody time. How long before the other's have matching diffusers then? :D

What where they thinking - sack the lot of them immediately :D

Really sounds like Ferrari are missing Brawn lol (and accordsing to the BBC Bryne got in on it also lol)

Caporegime
Really sounds like Ferrari are missing Brawn lol (and accordsing to the BBC Bryne got in on it also lol)

I read, don't know how true it is that the diffuser was designed by a honda engineer who then left to go to Toyota.

So Brawn is getting all the credit for being a genius when he had nothing to do with it?

Man of Honour
Great news :), We can now get back to racing (apart from the mcLaren hearing). And all these moaning teams can go swivel. you can't read between the lines. The rules are there in black and white..

Caporegime
I expect Brawn has been at the head of the 09 car since he joined Honda. If he didnt specifically design any of the diffuser, he most definately would have had some overseeing role into it aswell. He is the technical advisor to FOTA and part of the OWG (It think) so will know the rules inside out.

I hope we can just get on with it now, but it seems Ferrari have already started whining. They are saying they are being "forced" to have to "redesign the whole rear of the car" becasue of the FIA ruling.... no, they are having to redesign the rear of the car cos they never noticed the oportunity on the rules and now arent fast enough. Its all become a squabble between whinging kids blaming each other and shouting abuse at each other. Some of the things that were said in the hearing were flat out insulting and rude. the other 7 teams need to shut up, and develop their own rear diffusers to match. All the time and money spent arguing the case could have been put towards a new rear end.

Anyway..... Chinese thread up yet?

Capodecina
Soldato
... it seems Ferrari have already started whining. They are saying they are being "forced" to have to "redesign the whole rear of the car" because of the FIA ruling ...
Ferrari being upset is the best bit of the entire FIAsco.

Serves 'em right ... particularly satisfying that it is the ex-Ferrari Technical Director and genius Ross Brawn who is upsetting them :D

Soldato
But new suspension lay out for the weekend? Suppose it all depends how long people have been preparing for this outcome.
Perhaps they started the redesign after seeing how well the Brawn cars were in the first race, just to have it ready or at least have the designs in the computer?

Can you comment on that CS||nuTs, or is that not allowed?

Transmission breaker
Don
Don't you guys think that the other teams will have been working on this since they realised how much time it gained? I suspect they all had teams working on this as soon as it become obvious it was a performance advantage.
I know if I had a team, it would have been top of my list of development! Even if its legality was considered questionable (although, I am sure the other teams knew it was legal, and just protested out of saving face)

Caporegime
Oh cool, you work for RBR?! What kinda work do you carry out for the team?

(Sorry if that's totally been covered before, but I'm not gonna trawl through 200+ pages of F1 threads to find it :p:D)

Cheers,

Suman

he pushes the tea and biscuit trolley around and generally does a lot of spying with a secret camera hidden in his tie :D aswell as advertising the fact he works for an F1 team every chance he gets

Soldato
Its great to see the Ferrari International Assistance in action again lol!

yeah Ferrari are bitter about Brawn leaving them and producing a stunning car, no doubt they know better than anyone how hard it will be to beat him!

So China will see a new back end on the Mclaren which should be good for them. I guess Brawn GP for the hat-trick :)

Back
Top Bottom