Malaysian Grand Prix 2011, Sepang International Circuit - Race 2/19

Caporegime
only problem is that button's lap was apparently his fastet all weekend

and he did it in Q2 :(

Need your best lap all weekend in Q3 really. Here's hoping he's got more to give for Q3.

Soldato
This is all well and good, but you still get the feeling that Red Bull are going to disappoint everyone in Q3. By which I mean pull out a 1-2.
Fingers crossed, though.

Caporegime
Hamilton with a pretty big mistake, two lock ups, someone putting him off into the chicane though and still easily got ahead of the Red Bulls, think a "clean" lap would have been comftably ahead of Button. If he's the usual 3/10th's ahead of Button thats the Ferrari's basically a second down and Vettel 5-6/10th's down.

Mclaren look strong, yay, exciting to see Red bulls under some pressure. Will probably be angry in 20 mins when Vettel ends up 1 second ahead of Mclaren :p

Soldato
Going to be very interesting to see how much McLaren have left after an impressive Q2 and to see how much RedBull were holding back. You would have to assume that the RB has more left to probably beat Buttons Q2 time, the question is does Button have anything left to make it better.

Man of Honour
Whaaaa?

McLaren are running the titanium diffuser again as the drivers prefer it?

[edit]

They are as well, nice to see it shown on the out lap.

Last edited:
Soldato
I dont know why RB would be sandbagging at this point, half a second isnt exactly a small margin imo
crossing fingers for JB pole with Lewis 2nd

Soldato
Whaaaa?

McLaren are running the titanium diffuser again as the drivers prefer it?

Came here for this too. Very surprised that they didn't like the new one.

You have to assume that the new ones were not identical to the the titanium one but made form CF but instead a refinement on that design which perhaps wasn't in the right direction.

I would have thought they would make a carbon copy of the titanium one just in case. If nothing else its lighter than the titanium one and they can put ballast wherever they like.

Back
Top Bottom