Malaysian Grand Prix 2011, Sepang International Circuit - Race 2/19

Associate
Rubbish - if the driver who experiencing the conditions cant work out what set he should use next and how to treat them then they should get out of the sport. Ultimately data collected by the team will support that decision but it should never be their decision - how you think a set of numbers should be valued higher than what the drivers feeling on track is mental...

As dannyjo2 said earlier Hamiltons just been way too mollycoddled by Mclaren - he just is so naive, when things dont go his way he pulls a sulk and shrugs...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Rubbish - we are not talking about deciding which set of tyres to use, this is an easy decision. What we are talking about is predicting how long a set of tyres is going to last before you've even started using them. I don't know how you expect the drivers to be able to judge this since the determining factors are historical data, track temperatures, and the condition of pre-scrubbed tyres.

Associate
The tyre decision being when to stop - the timing of his final stop in particular seemed nonsensical given the expected tyre degradation - not which set of tyres to put on... so I guess we're discussing different things here :p

Caporegime
Just reading about the race yesterday and pretty amazed that Hamilton got penalised for weaving but yet Vettel gets away with weaving.

Personally this is why i dont bother watching F1 anymore....its full of corrupt ****wits who just want to screw everyone but Ferrari;).

Still hope that Hamilton can win the title this year but its not something ill be watching avidly...F1 just doesnt seem to be all that fair anymore:(.

Associate
F1 just doesnt seem to be all that fair anymore:(.

Im slowly but surely getting the same feelling. Funny that in the free practice sessions lewis was at the same pace as the redbull's race pace with both tires, but in the race somthing went wrong. But if lewis was at his normal pace (1-2 seconds quicker) he wouldn't have to defend so hard or even defend at all. :o:o

Man of Honour
2zgar6s.gif

Caporegime
Can people explain the hamilton tyres thing for me ?

From what i remember of the race, people on here were saying mclaren got lewis' tyre call wrong and brought him at the wrong time or got his tyre strategy mixed up and put him on hard tyres twice or something ?

Man of Honour
Can people explain the hamilton tyres thing for me ?

From what i remember of the race, people on here were saying mclaren got lewis' tyre call wrong and brought him at the wrong time or got his tyre strategy mixed up and put him on hard tyres twice or something ?

Hamilton flat spotted a set of his softs in Quali, this meant he had to use an extra set of hards in the race.

Man of Honour
Well vettel did not get a drive through for moving four times so..the FIA now stands for

FizzyDrinks International Assistance

8 drivers technically fell foul of the rule in Sepang.

Just everyone on this forum likes to highlight Vettel.

No one should have been punished mind, it was Ferrari and Alonso that brought it up with the stewards after the race which led to the penalty.

Back
Top Bottom