Man vs Food

Caporegime
maybe we should do a ocuk vs food :D

ocukers film there epic food battles :p maybe have a challenge each week and as many as people like take part with entries.

so week one could be eat certain hot curry and so on.

Good idea!

We can do a bit of research and try to recreate the challenges. :D

I can watch all the cordon bleu and a la carte cookery programmes under the sun, but nothing makes my mouth water as much as an episode of Man V Food.

Soldato
It's brilliant plenty of fatty rubbish. But there's also a load of decent BBQ and other dishes well done in an old technique.

Man v food nation was out over a year ago and I still haven't seen any talk of a uk release date.

I love this show and it made me eat more healthy which is kinda strange.
More home cooked freshly prepared food instead of out of the packet :D

Some of the stuff ain't to bad on a smaller scale if you cut out the fatty sides

TBH I would not mind tucking into that 6 pound grill cheese sandwich he tried one time lol

Soldato
Is that the one where they bring the crawfish out in a plastic bag?

Yep. I had the crawfish and the Mrs had garlic shrimp. Gotta suck the head of the crawfish!!

Crawfish were good but too much effort for a tiny piece of meat so the next time we went I had the shrimp too.

They literally serve your drinks in polystyrene cups, food in a bag and the tablecloth is a plastic sheet. At the end of the meal they just scoop up the plastic sheet and toss it all away.

Soldato
LOVE! Man V Food, I want him Adam to do a UK version.

I watch it all the time, and it just makes me hungry!

I'm off to America next week, going to do a Mini M v F trip and visit some of the resturants he's visited

Associate
I've been getting my food fix watching 'diners, drive-ins and dives'. The presenter's nit as funny as Adam, the food however looks amazing where ever they visit.

Associate
Food Network is the channel, also has 'outrageous food' & 'meat and potatoes' which are quite good, annoying presenters but quite good none the less.

Skytv btw, not sure what else shows them.

Man of Honour
OP
Especially when I'm paying over a ton a month. Out of contract, I think next time I have a day off I need to look at getting just virgin Internet and seeing what deals there are for sky tv, especially as I don't get f1 HD or skygo, virgin don't have any sort of mobile media for my iPad when staying in hotels.

Man of Honour
OP
Shop around for sure, in fact only last night an OcUK member was helping a couple of people out with a 1/2 price year deal for Sky :)

Now that would be awesome.

Seems I'm paying £102.40, the equivalent skytv and virgin internet/phone line. but with all the sky extras would be the same price give or take £1 with zero deals.

Associate
I changed from virgin to sky, the tv is no comparison - sky murders it. The only thing better with virgin is the broadband, i value thd tv more so sky wins!! :)

Back
Top Bottom