Manchester Bombing *** Please remain respectful and refrain from antagonising posts ***

Associate
Would have been quicker to google than make that daft post.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...manchester-bee-symbol-meaning-tattoo-11793163

Personally I think the tattoos are great. I'm proud of the city that I call home and the last few days have shown the best of us. This is a great way to raise further money and show some solidarity.

There was nothing "daft" about the post.
I had checked & I've already seen about similar in the past about the Bee as an image of the area, but it has sod all to do with what happened & people getting tattoos is more idiotic than those that click "I'm safe" on fb when living at the other end of the country.
Send that money to a charity or give it to someone in need instead of spending it on a needless tattoo.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Its your own skin at the end of the day.

That being said I will probably judge you and think "derp" but who cares what I think when its your own skin :)

Soldato
Is this directed at me? Because I've read plenty yet we seem once again to be returning to me making specific and supportable statements that show your assumptions are wrong; and you responding with suggestions that I need to read more.

You made statements. I offered facts that contradicted them. You've offered nothing more in response to that other than implying you know better than me and I need to do more research. Why you think anyone would accept as an authority someone who has been proven wrong and argues almost entirely by assertion and dismissal, I have no idea.

How have i been proven wrong if i can't understand your position? you won't say what it is. It's bizarre.

Soldato
I had checked & I've already seen about similar in the past about the Bee as an image of the area, but it has sod all to do with what happened & people getting tattoos is more idiotic than those that click "I'm safe" on fb when living at the other end of the country.
Send that money to a charity or give it to someone in need instead of spending it on a needless tattoo.

The emblem of Manchester and it's community has nothing to do with a bombing of Manchester and it's community?

Soldato
How have i been proven wrong if i can't understand your position?

Logically, me proving you wrong doesn't require you to understand that you're wrong. You presume that you're the audience of my posts. Given the increasingly slim chance you'll admit to error, I more post where you're wrong for the benefit of others.

you won't say what it is. It's bizarre.

Nowhere have I refused to tell you "what it is". It's been pointed out to you at least twice by me and once by another. You claimed that it was unlikely you'd find many Libyans who supported Gadaffi. Incorrect. You also claimed that the NATO bombing didn't do anything other than "provide a platform for transition". To which I provided evidence of a Hell of a lot more was done. All this accompanied by a general impression given that you lack actual of awareness of the state of Libya before its government was overthrown. I've addressed all of these explicitly. I'm beginning to think you're unable to understand rather than unwilling, if you find my posts unclear.

Soldato
Oh please.

Its roll on the bandwagon train. (but your own skin) choo choo choo.

I take a slightly more charitable view of it. People feel powerless when these things happen, and they want to do something. Anything. Even if it's just symbolic, because all the people who can actually help have already done everything they can. There's definitely a virtue signalling dimension to it, but I think mostly it's an expression of frustration that they're mistaking for solidarity.

Soldato
If any you knew anything about the bee emblem and it's place in the history of Manchester, then you wouldn't be referring it to daft or chavvy.

Soldato

Where do you think the £50 is going? Tattoo places are absorbing the costs on this and 100% of the proceeds are going to the central appeal. It's a great gesture for so many small businesses to get involved in this.

Soldato

The entire cost of the tattoo, £50, is going towards the central appeal. Hence why so many people are getting involved. How daft do you look now? Do your research before you spout utter dribble as if it's gospel.

Associate

????

You claimed you read up on the issue but you finish your post with this sentence!

The WHOLE point is that the tattooist does the tattoo for £50 and that £50 goes directly to the charity campaign. You are donating £50 you just get something in addition.

Associate
????

You claimed you read up on the issue but you finish your post with this sentence!

The WHOLE point is that the tattooist does the tattoo for £50 and that £50 goes directly to the charity campaign. You are donating £50 you just get something in addition.

Yes, I had read online about the Bee, but nothing I saw made any mention of tattooists sending that money to a charity.

Associate
The entire cost of the tattoo, £50, is going towards the central appeal. Hence why so many people are getting involved. How daft do you look now? Do your research before you spout utter dribble as if it's gospel.

Not daft at all :p

Nothing I saw online made any mention of it going to a charity & nor did any post I'd seen on here.
As for dribble, what's the point of permanently marking skin with this when they could just pay for a t-shirt, cap, badge, ribbon etc & make the donation to the same charity.
*facepalm*

Soldato
Logically, me proving you wrong doesn't require you to understand that you're wrong. You presume that you're the audience of my posts. Given the increasingly slim chance you'll admit to error, I more post where you're wrong for the benefit of others.

Nowhere have I refused to tell you "what it is". It's been pointed out to you at least twice by me and once by another. You claimed that it was unlikely you'd find many Libyans who supported Gadaffi. Incorrect. You also claimed that the NATO bombing didn't do anything other than "provide a platform for transition". To which I provided evidence of a Hell of a lot more was done. All this accompanied by a general impression given that you lack actual of awareness of the state of Libya before its government was overthrown. I've addressed all of these explicitly. I'm beginning to think you're unable to understand rather than unwilling, if you find my posts unclear.

You still can't answer the question as to who you think is at fault for the current situation in Libya.

The Libyans who supported Qaddafi were a minority ..his loyalists so to speak. The fans you think he had were probably clueless to his rape chambers, you reckon they would still support him if they knew the truth?

NATO did lay the foundations for Libya to transition as testified by literally everyone who was involved.

Use journals from analysts, don't use European media, use African news sources

Last edited:
Associate
Where do you think the £50 is going? Tattoo places are absorbing the costs on this and 100% of the proceeds are going to the central appeal. It's a great gesture for so many small businesses to get involved in this.

Yep it is good of them to do that.
As for "where do I think it was going?" I'd seen no mention of it online ;)

Soldato
You still can't answer the question as to who you think is at fault for the current situation in Libya.

The Libyans who supported Qaddafi were a minority ..his loyalists so to speak. The fans you think he had were probably clueless to his rape chambers, you reckon they would still support him if they knew the truth?

NATO did lay the foundations for Libya to transition as testified by literally everyone who was involved.

Use journals from analysts, don't use European media, use African news sources

Deflection, Argument by Assertion, Presenting Self as Authority, Absence of Facts and Orders to do Research On Behalf of Your Position.

All examples of a non-existent actual argument. Bored now. Done here.

Back
Top Bottom